“Lovely place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #66 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Just spent a week here, and it was so nice. My husband, myself and our daughter have stayed in a more expensive hotel in Hisaronu for the past 2 years, but as this was a last minute break, we were limited to where we could get. We weren't sure what to expect, despite good reviews, but were pleasantly surprised (given the price difference from where we usually stay).
Perfectly situated on the main strip, and surprisingly quiet at night despite the location. Handy for dolmus to Oludeniz, Ovacik, Fethiye, Kaya Koy etc.,
The room we had was very basic, but very clean with comfortable beds, crisp white sheets (changed every 2nd day) and towels.
The pool is beautiful, and there are plenty of sunbeds, no getting up in the morning to see them all 'reserved' with towels! The pool area is really peaceful and a great wee suntrap.
Right from the beginning, it felt very welcoming, we were assured that anything we needed we were only to ask. The staff were all really nice and helpful...thank you Sarah for getting me the yogurt for my sunburn and to Eyup (apologies if misspelt) for chasing up our transfer arrangements. All the staff we met were all very courteous and professional.
Breakfast was a choice of Turkish or English (cereal, omelette, toast) tea/coffee, cooked breakfast extra. We had a selection, and all were lovely. We had lunch and evening meals a few times, and the food was delicious, also we received a 15% discount due to being guests in the hotel. The apple pie with ice cream was to die for ;)
We felt really comfortable and relaxed here, and would love to come back again, if not this year, hopefully next.
The only thing I would comment on and like to see improved, was the shower in our room, only for the fact that when we used the shower, the shower curtain didn't stop the bathroom from getting drenched in water, so we had to be careful when coming out of the shower that we didn't slip, but we managed nevertheless. Shower curtains just a bit longer would help this.
All in all, we had a really lovely time, thanks to all the staff, including bar and restaurant for making us feel so welcome.
Hope to see you all again sometime soon.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Kitty1965_11
Sarah M, Owner at RED Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Like I have mentioned before, we never aim to be a 5 star hotel, it's just not in our plans. We do however want our room price to reflect the basic standard they are. Last year we replaced the windows and door to double glazed units. We also replaced the beds and bedding. Our plans for this winter are to replace the electric and to upgrade the showers. We all just try to be as helpful as we can be do everyone can enjoy there holiday.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Turkish first
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Just returned from a 2 week stay at R.E.D. hotel and would like to thank Sarah, Erdal and all the staff for a wonderful holiday. The hotel is in a perfect location at the top of the main strip in Hisaronu yet the pool and rooms are so peaceful.
The rooms are clean and tidy and no sign of any mozzies the whole time I was there, the rooms are cleaned nearly every day and I even had to tell the maid no need to clean on some days.
Air-con and a safebox and turkish breakfast are included in the price, with a huge English breakfast for a small charge.
As a single traveller I couldn't have asked for a better welcome, once again, thanks to everyone for a great holiday.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Steve H
Sarah M, Owner at RED Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. It is nice her hear how comfortable you felt. I hope we get the pleasure of your company again in the future. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have been going to turkey for 13 years several times a year, stayed in various hotels. Last august I went and booked a hotel (I won't mention the name) but it was the worst hotel I've ever been to, I physically couldn't stay there even though they wouldn't give me a refund. Because of it being bayram everywhere was fully booked and a friend told me about R.E.D, when I arrived it seemed too good to be true! Perfect price, rooms, staff, food, location etc.. I would never stay anywhere else after staying there, can't fault it :-)

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank laurenbakerxx
Sarah M, Owner at RED Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel is our home and we want everyone to feel welcome and relaxed. You are welcome anytime.
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I choose to stay at red for the perfect location as it was my mothers first visit and we wanted to be central. Amazing group of staff very friendly and would do anything for you. Thank you for an great visit and we will be back at some point.

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Luby_21
Sarah M, Owner at RED Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
We are glad you found the staff helpfully and friendly. We look forward to welcoming you again.
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had been to Hisaronu 3 times previous staying to R.E.D, Previously I had stayed at the Yalcin, Hisar Holiday Club and Destina - although these were good R.E.D was better, and is the hotel I will be returning to again this year!! The pool area is absolutely gorgeous, lovely and quiet with no scrabble for sunloungers. The hotel is what I would call 'cheap and cheerful' it is very basic, but if you barely use your room it's perfect. The location is as central as you can get on the main strip opposite Shine. I had a room with a lovely mountain view. Magnum and Sarah have put so much work and effort into this hotel - and they really deserve the credit for this. The staff at the bar and restaurant are great and very friendly and helpful! Don't think you will find a cheaper price that includes safe aircon and breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Ellie C
Sarah M, Owner at RED Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
We dont aim to be a 5 star hotel, just cheap and cheerfull like you said. I am pleased you found all the staff to be helpfull and friendly. Our location is perfect for single travellers, No dark streets to go down at night. Thank you again for your kind review.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

After being my 3rd time in turkey this was the best hotel I've ever stayed in, friendly staff, massive pool lovely big clean rooms overall 10/10 going back this august for 16 nights & taking 16 people friends & family with me.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank MatthewGeddes
Sarah M, Owner at RED Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay so much. It might be a bit on the warm side whe you return in August.. We look forward to seeing you again.
melbourne derby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

As a regular visitor to Hisaronu in knew exactly where Red Hotel was situated before my visit . I facebooked the owner Sarah on the Thursday night for availability and flew out the following day .Sarah arranged a transfer for my son and i .
The hotel is situated at the top of the resort where the road closes at night .
We had a twin room which over looked the pool area and Shine Restaurant . The room had everything we could of asked for ,the cleaners came in everyday to keep the rooms spotless .
The pool area is great ,a large pool with plenty of sun beds .The bar staff and waiters couldn't do enough for you and the food is excellent and very cheap . I had egg and chips a couple of times £2.00 ,bargain. The restaurant overlooks the busy main street ,so the perfect chance in the evening to grab a snack ,main meal or just a drink and watch the world go by . Every meal we had in the hotel was great value for money .
Sarah and Erdal are fantastic hosts and i wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank sheila154
Sarah M, Owner at RED Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for your kind review. It is nice to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you would be happy to stay with us again. You are always welcome.