“Simply exquisite”

Ranked #4 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
Oxfordshire
“Simply exquisite”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Location Location Location is what the property pundits say and while that would certainly apply to Beyaz Yunus it's probably more appropriate to say Mustafa Mustafa Mustafa! This man (who you will have already gathered from previous reviews is the Manager), is a genius who knows exactly what his guests want and provides it with a charm and efficiency which leave you simply awestruck.

On arrival he greeted us and took us immediately to our room which was so spacious and beautifully decorated and also absolutely private. The balcony and the view from it were very special and indoors everything you could wish for was provided. Ipod, DVD, Television, Wifi etc are all there and the shower in the marbled bathroom works a treat.

We went to the bar in one of the very pretty shaded areas in the garden and enjoyed an ice cold drink with two couples who were equally impressed by the hotel. Drinks were, of course, served up by the man himself. (Rose wine is highly recommended).

Dinner followed which was delicious and, of course, brought to our table by Mustafa.

Time for bed and it was a relief to find that the aircon was efficient and mercifully quiet. Next morning the man was already waiting to serve us and even provided another helping of some delicious egg concoction as he was apparently telepathic and knew that it was just what I wanted.

Throughout the day, Mustafa was on hand and ready to serve drinks, lunch, tea and whatever was required.

The area around the pool is so attractive with bougainvilla and, oleander and hibiscus giving masses of colour to the gardens.

The beach which is a hundred or so steps away below the hotel was spotlessly clean but provided a small challenge in getting out as the shelf was quite steep. The walk up the hill was the only time that we got near to doing any exercise and were almost surprised that Mustafa did not appear out of nowhere to help us back up to the hotel!

Day after day, the same quality of service was on tap and credit must be given to the chef whose skill and humour became immediately apparent. (It wasn't Mustafa, by the way).

Anyway, what more can be said about a tiny little gem of peace and quiet where everything is done for you?

Thank you Mustafa and all your team for making our stay so memorable. We were very fortunate to be there and to enjoy not only the service but also the company of some great guests who added to the enjoyment at Beyaz Yunus.

17 Thank DavidOxfordshire

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Turkish first
Thames Ditton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a week's holiday at Beyas Yunus and we would confirm every positive comment that has already been made by previous reviewers. Our every need cared for by Mustafa and his great team nothing was too much trouble. We will undoubtably stay again. Perhaps for a little longer.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank ditton1
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

All positive comments about this hotel are true. Mustafa and his team can't do enough for you but are not obtrusive. We stayed for two idyllic weeks and loved being tucked away in peace and quiet away from the crowds in Olu Deniz but close enough to walk to the town in 10mins if we fancied it. We hired a car for 4 days and visited Kalkan, Saklikent, Tlos and Fethiye/Calis.

The food was always top notch and Mustafa makes sure he makes what you like and plenty of it!! The meze starters every evening were our favourite.

With it being a small hotel we got to know some of the other guests during drinks before dinner and then on the gulet trip. We met some lovely people and can say that everyone we spoke to had nothing but praise for the hotel and the team there.
There were a few couples who were on return visits which speaks for itself. We will certainly return - it is unique.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Jackie P
Kent
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here the same week as STL (Hi guys!). Amy too, I think.

Spot on review. I can't add anything except connecting my kindle was beyond my IT skills, but 3G worked so who cares?

Must alpha is great and we'll be returning.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Mark_Elliott
York, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We returned from a weeks stay at the Beyaz Yunus on the 22nd June and felt as though we were leaving part of our family behind; Mustafa, Chef, and the rest of the Beyaz Yunus team look after you so well, you don't want to leave, but for the sake of our waistline it was perhaps best that we did! This was the third time that we have stayed at the Beyaz Yunus, this time in Suite 5, the Terrace Suite, with the extra balcony space and sun loungers. The previous years we were in Suite 4, which though a smaller balcony was in no way inferior. We would be happy to stay in either again. And indeed, are looking at dates to return in the near future. There isn't much more I can add to my review, a fellow guest "crooked angel" (hi) has written a truly inspirational review that I couldn't hope to match, so all I will say is that I concur with all of her comments. This hotel is a wonderful little slice of paradise; don't let its proximity to the ever commercial Olu Deniz put you off; Olu Deniz only encroaches if you let it, and we don't.

3 Thank Jan B
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 23 June 2013

A little slice of paradise awaits guests of Beyaz Yunus. A secret hideaway lays tucked behind a baby blue gate, that leads to 7 luxury bedrooms, a terrace restaurant overlooking crystal clear turquoise waters, a private bar and infinity pool, sun loungers a plenty and this boutique hotel even offers its residents a sauna with a view of the sea. In fact, it's so exclusive at Beyaz Yunus that even some of the locals don't know it exists...

I was searching for something extra special when looking for somewhere to stay for our recent holiday in Turkey. The location was out of our hands - our friends were getting married in the area. Turkey was never on my list of places I wanted to travel to, so I wanted to make the most of a 'disappointing' location. I hunted high and low and finally came across a company called Spoil Yourself who started to help us with our search. After showing us a few hotels that weren't hitting the spot, Beyaz Yunus came up.

From the moment I looked at the Exclusive Escapes website, (the company who handles the bookings, travel arrangements and management of Beyaz Yunus) I knew my husband and I would love the property. So, we booked!

Roll forward to the moment we stepped out of the private transfer we had via Exclusive Escapes, to standing outside the little baby blue gate I mentioned earlier. The gate creeps open and suddenly Mustafa is there, with a huge welcoming smile on his face! The sun was shining, the scene behind the gate was breath taking and the pair of us could not wait to explore the oasis we had just stumbled upon. The gate to the hotel is situated at the top of a hill, and from this vantage point you can see the hotel's outdoor reception area, infinity pool and incredible views of the sea and mountains.

Mustafa and another member of staff took our cases to our room for us (we stayed in Room 3) and gave us a quick show round of the facilities, explaining to us where everything was, what times breakfast and dinner were served, and then left us to enjoy the peace and tranquility that Beyaz Yunus had to offer.

The room was beautiful - rustic yet luxurious, and simply appointed at the same time. My husband and I both found the bed a little on the small side and a little harder than what we are used to at home, but this is a personal preference and by no means a negative comment (we are both tall people who spread out lots when sleeping...aaaaand we have a superking bed at home, that's why we notice the difference). The room is very spacious, light and airy and has all the facilities you'd expect it to have; a mini bar, an extra fridge (didn't expect that though to be honest!) and an ice making machine (or that! Though it is much quicker to order ice via Mustafa than make it in the machine) Satellite TV, DVD player, surround sound and a Bluetooth music speaker...but also we had a hot tub (we nicknamed it the cold tub because you can't actually increase the temperature...we don't know why, but the outside temperature was touching 40 degrees at some points so the water was pretty refreshing, though I guess during the cooler months you might not want to get in the cool tub!) a gorgeous bathroom with mini Turkish bath and a private terrace. Bliss!

Beyaz Yunus works a little differently to most half-board hotels, in as far as the menu is already decided for you. Breakfast and dinner are included in your rate - you pay extra if you decide to have lunch (which we did on one day, and the food we had was delicious!). Mustafa tells you the day before what is on the menu for the following evening, and if you don't like, or don't fancy, what is on offer, he will endeavour to arrange for something else to be cooked for you. Nothing is too much trouble for the team.

Breakfast would usually consist of freshly baked bread/toast with a different homemade conserve (fig/rose/strawberry to name a few) and eggs how you like them cooked, however our favourite breakfast dish turned out to be fried eggs served with pepperoni! Simple but oh, so delicious! Mustafa would also serve a fresh juice of some kind each morning, be it peach, strawberry, melon, orange...some juice would turn up, alongside your choice of coffee or tea and a selection of fruits, cereals, cold meats and cheeses.

Each evening dinner commences anytime from 8:30pm, and the food keeps flowing and is always delicious! I found it quite refreshing not to have to decide what to eat each evening and found that I ended up trying foods that I usually wouldn't try back home. Lots of seafood was caught locally and served in the evening - I don't like seafood normally but tried it and really liked it! Be warned though, you will put on a few extra pounds, but don't we all on holiday?!

I could go on forever about how perfect our holiday was for us, but I won't. Our holiday was actually our late honeymoon, and they say good things come to those who wait...well, Beyaz Yunus was worth the wait, so worth the wait.

Thank you Mustafa and Team.

Until next time!

Room Tip: This hotel has lots of steps to negotiate - not suitable for people with severe walking difficulties...
8 Thank CrookedAngel
St. Louis
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My wife and I stayed here for four short nights, when the norm is a week. We have kicked ourselves since for not staying at Beyaz Yunis longer, perhaps even forever! We booked through Exclusive Escapes, which we had not used before, and that whole experience was five-star excellent (thank you!). BY is an amazing place. At the risk of repeating the other comments, I will say that this is a small, 7-room "boutique hotel", and it is somewhat rustic since everything is made from local stone and wood, but it is extremely well done. Our room (#4) was spacious, very comfortable, private, with a large sun deck with whirlpool, a great shower that opens to the outside, modern bathroom with bidet, nice music system with iPod dock, wifi, comfy bed, mini bar, etc. BY caters to couples, and I believe it is adults only (at least it was when we stayed there), so it is peaceful, relaxing, and quiet. The pool is fantastic, and you never want to leave the place and go to the "outside world". Mosts guests did just that, stayed all day lounging around. The resort/beach town is a short walk away down a hundred or so steps to the beach, and the town itself is very kitschy and touristy, worth a quick lunch and an ice cream and that's about it, in my opinion. If you are into partying, maybe this is your place. You are in a mostly British beach resort. The beach is pretty good, if you don't mind a pebble beach, and the Med is great for swimming. The music you can hear at night from the resort town below is slightly annoying, but it doesn't seem to go late and I tolerated it easily and I am extremely sensitive to noise, so I would say it is a non-issue. The only other slight bother is that the hotel is tucked against the coastal road, separated by a huge stone wall of course, but the road is a dinky little two-lane road that goes up the coast about 20K or so to the tiny town of Kabak and ends, so there isn't really much traffic, especially in the evening, so again it is a non-issue.

The meals included, breakfast and dinner, were extremely good, plentiful, and varied. You could easily get by all day on just these two meals, but you can also have some lunch from a small menu during the day if you must. All food is prepared fresh on the spot by an excellent kitchen team. The grilled kebobs (two nights, one fish, and one minced meat) were to die for, as was all the bread, mezes, salad, desert (wait until you have their turkish cake!!!, or the 'custard'!!!), etc. You can modify your meal to your liking by simply asking. The 8:30 dinner hour was much anticipated by us and everyone else staying there and we had perfect weather so it was outdoor dining each night. If the night was cool, they built a nice wood fire nearby to take the chill off the night. Dining at BY was a real treat! The routine was to arrive at the spectacular sunset bar about an hour before dinner time, have a drink or two, watch the sunset, and chat with the other guests about our days' adventures, if any, then go to dinner. What we did was buy a bottle of nice turkish wine (most expensive was 70 TL I believe) at the 'restaurant' and had a glass or two from it each night (they kept it for us). It was so nice to have excellent meals without a menu or prices and all that. Since they let you know the day before what would be for dinner the next evening (and you can always make special requests) you knew what you'd be having as a main course, but the mezes and salads and deserts were eagerly anticipated and the main entree presentation and flavor never disappointed and always amazed. Breakfast was great, and there is a huge variety of items, from any kind of eggs (I highly recommend asking for 'menamen' a kind of turkish scramble), fresh breads, amazing jams, yogurt, cheeses, cold meats, cereal, juices, etc. etc. I never had the same thing twice.

Now my last comments, but not least, are about the sweetest, kindest, gentlest man you may ever meet, Mustafa, the hotel's manager. He gracefully and happily wears all the hats around the place - bar master, food server, business manager. He greeted us each day by name, and seemed to know exactly what we might need or want. Try a lemonade made from lemons he just picked from the lemon tree outside our room, or a Mojito, made with fresh mint he just picked from beside the bar, and you will never have a better one. Mustafa treats everyone like friends and is very accommodating to all the guest's needs. Thanks Mustafa for making our stay great!!!

You cannot go wrong at Beyaz Yunis Olu Deniz!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple