Malibu Apartments
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Oludeniz
See available hotels
Manzara(Oludeniz)
Aygul Hotel(Fethiye)
Sertil Hotel(Oludeniz)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewshis brotherturkish familypool areaturkeyovacikvillaholidaychips
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Despite the many mixed reviews featured on this site I find this hotel a super little hidden gem in ovacik.The staff of the hotel always make us welcome when we return to this hotel year after year.Joseph,Nevin,Metin and Chetin have all helped make our holidays to turkey wonderfull never failing to do all they can to make our holiday wishes come true.No this hotel is not the Ritz but nor is the price you pay to stay at this very friendly comfortable hote that oozes turkish character.We have made many many friends in the hotel bar over the years both guests and non guests who drink here reguarly for the homely feel and laid back atmosphere of the hotel.Many of the problems wrote about in this feature have been caused by the over eager booking agencies who grab every booking and fail to check real time availability leaving the hotel staff to sort out the fallout.Dont be put off by the few bad reviews of this hotel it really is as many other reviews state a very friendly, reasonably priced ,home from home in the sun with good food,friendly staff and a real local buzz to the place.We have been to the hotel several times over th last few years and will be returning again early next year.Thankyou all the family and see you then.

Room Tip: talk to metin,chetin or joseph if you ant to go anywhere they will arrange everything for you and you will know you have a good price and all will go as requested.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Nicholas W
Reviewed 3 October 2013

When we arrived our room was ready and the family were all very welcoming our room was adequate and we had a room each which was bright and airy. We found out that people before us had had problems in the previous few weeks due to over booking and some had been in the attic their whole stay. We however speak as we find and we had a great time. We did eat there a few times and the food was basic but nice and the portions were huge.
For us the people that we met made our holiday and many villa owners came to visit the bar of an evening and it was quite social. The location is fantastic and the shops, restuarants and markets were amazing.
I would definately recommend the Malibu but maybe to avoid issues as previous people go slightly out of season like we did. We went to Billy's beach while there and if you ask Metin he can book a free bus for you to the lagoon which is great for kids or poor swimmers as its like a millpond.

Room Tip: We had room number 7
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Gene S
Reviewed 26 September 2013

When arriving at this hotel, we were promised a double room with a garden view! To mine and my partners dismay, we were placed in a vile attic room! I then read my itinery which stated nothing about an attic room. I spoke to Metin and he totally dismissed my concerns. Me and my partner kept banging our heads on the wooden ceiling as it was so low. Metin was very rude and I felt like because we did not spend much time at the hotel, we wanted to explore, he did not value us or our concers. He loved the people spending money on Efes beer and wine. I do not want to take away from the lovely family feel of these apartments. Mama is so lovely and so is the father and older brother. The cleaners do a fantastic job and the rooms although annoying as we were dumped in the attic, were remarkably clean and fresh. I would advise people to stay here as the location is great- away form the hustle and bustle but close enough to explore Fethiye, Ovacik, Hisaranou and Olu Deniz. My only advice would be to avoid the attic rooms as they are seriouslt ridiculous! And also be prepared for rude Metin! It is a shame because I have a big family and would have reccommended this hotel to them, but how Metin made us feel, I do not think I would. The pool is clean and overall we would rate this hotel a 5/6. I would have rated higher, if my complaint was taken seriously and we were moved from the Attic room! I would say more elderly couples stay here and it really does have a nice feel to it. The food I would suggest you to explore, as it was not really up to scratch in my eyes...Hope this has helped.

Room Tip: Avoid attic rooms at all costs!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sarah s
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Wholeheartedly agree with " the good, the bad and the ugly " and " Beware ". I can't add much more than has already been said, except we met really lovely people who helped make our holiday enjoyable under very trying circumstances. Will certainly never visit Malibu again .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Irene D
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The good..the position of the Malibu apartments although uphill do afford beautiful views and from our room we had amazing views of the sun setting. The room was basic but was reasonably clean albeit spare pillow had a dirty pillowcase and beds were very hard.The pool area was clean and pretty and in lovely surroundings. We ate at the pool side restaurant a couple of times and food was good.however we were charged different prices according to I think how Metin felt..often more than menu price.Mama was lovely as we're the maids and I can understand the good comments because Metin could be charm personified when he wanted to be. Plus we met some truly lovely people there which afforded us some laughter at the Fawlty towers.The bad is all and more what was said in review by robandacat.andAdz A To my knowledge and I was there 3weeks few of the complaints were dealt with. We asked for crockery but never got any...How hard is it to take crockery from the restaurant and give it to us Or put a light bulb in a lounge which was a necessity. We didn't even bother to mention about the handle dropping off the door to the balcony and not locking.We saw a constant stream of people come and leave as they were put in the awful attic rooms/ dog kennels. One couple had said it was their honeymoon and still got placed there. They had to move hotel and then fight not to be charged more. The ugly..the promises and the lies.Metin would continually make promises 're repairs etc but never do anything about them. He would ignore you if you dared to complain that something was wrong. However if you were staying at the outside villas or were spending money there he would turn on the charm...To me sincerity is caring about people's needs and dealing with them not the false charm he used when money was involved . One would have thought he would have cared for those who had paid to stay there.but he was permanently attached to his phone or laptop doing other things.. You could sit by the pool and watch the two sides of Metin work. So if you had no complaints and spent money there you would be happy otherwise you saw the other Metin at work.and got ignored .lied to and basically left to remedy any fault yourself. Could be great place under new management.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple