“Like a second home”

Ranked #6 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Brixham, United Kingdom
“Like a second home”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife Karen and I have just returned from an 11 day holiday here at the Monta Verde Hotel. It was our 4th visit in 3 years and it just gets better every time. Borak, Bora ,Esra and staff
have always been so friendly and helpful so no change there....its the tasteful improvements to the building , décor and gardens that we find each time we return. Well done everyone. It was nice to see Erdem ( Adam) back in the fold after his Army service. Karen would like me to recommend the Orange Spa on site for a Turkish Bath, massage etc, as she indulged a couple of times and wants to give a special mention to Tini, a lovely lady from Bali. Hope to return soon. Cheers Karen and Graham

5 Thank jumpercollins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a fantastic holiday from this hotel.
And can't find a falt.
when the owner of the hotel carrys your case to the coach on the day your leaving!! You can't get much better than that
we had a deluxe room and honestly couldn't find falt with it tv, safe, minibar in the room we could even get the wifi from our room but dont tell everybody
the staff were great very welcoming and friendly and they all spoke to you by name
didnt use the main pool but the quiet pool and pool area were excellent
would definitely stay at this hotel again because I know I wont be disappointed. ?

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mark s
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just returned from 2 weeks at Monte Verde Hotel. What a great hotel can not belive some of the negative reviews on tripadviser. The staff are so friendly and helpful nothing is to much trouble to them.
We arrived late 01: 00 and the night staff could'nt have been more helpful meeting us at our transfer car and taking our luggage to the room.
Next morning at breakfast was met by Bora who introduced himself and welcomed us. I asked him what his position was, he only turned out to be the owner. After a number of days I was very impressed with his attention to detail and how he went around at breakfast each day to say good morning to all guests.
Can not speak highly enough of the cleanliness of the hotel not only the rooms but anyware in the hotel. The rooms were cleaned daily by staff who were excellent and ever so friendly.
Reception was a pleasure to deal with and was fronted by Bora's wife Esra who could not do enough for you. Her personality was always bubbly and it was obvious she ment everything she said and did as opposed to it being a duty.
We stayed in a delux room which we found excellent with a wet room that was a pleasure to shower in. Other amenities include :- airconditioning,flat screen t.v, fridge/mini bar, kettle & hairdryer. Another plus was the sliding mosquito door that could be closed independently of the patio door. This was of particular benefit at bedtime as you could choose to leave the patio door open with the mosquito door closed rather than use the airconditioning.
We were on bed & breakfast and can confirm the selection of food was more than adequate. We particularly enjoyed the facility of the chef who cooked omlettes & crepes outside daily.
Given we have holidayed for the last 7 consecutive years in Ovacik / Hisaronu the Monte Verde Hotel rates the best we have stayed in and have no hesitation in recommending it. Look forward to next year.

Malcolm & Elise

Room Tip: Suggest try deluxe rooms. This year they were only available on the 3rd floor but I believe there ar...
4 Thank Malcolm H
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel is made up of several buildings with rooms of various sizes and prices linked by
white footpaths edged by well kept gardens. It's a very tranquil setting, the
main bar and pool area can be quite lively on certain evenings if that's what
you're looking for.
The entertainment we saw was of very high quality especially the Latin dancers.
One nice touch is a quiet pool area which really is what it says, good for
relaxing or reading.
The breakfast buffet compared with one of the best we've experienced including
5 star hotels. In fact we also had 3 excellent evening meals, there's a
buffet by the pool or a very good restaurant upstairs overlooking the pool.
Access to the area is very easy by good quality mini buss which run at least
every 10 minutes in all directions cost around £1.30.
Our room was very good for what we paid, very clean and was cleaned every day to a high standard. There was a reasonable option to upgrade but we didn't feel the need
I'll save my last compliment to the excellent staff who provided just the right
amount of friendliness and attention. They are clearly all very well trained by
the hotel's owner Pora who introduced himself at our first breakfast AND
remembered our names during our stay.
We will definitely return.

4 Thank peterrenfrew
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Have just returned from a 10 day break at the lovely Monta Verde Hotel...We had been to this area E years ago at a different hotel and used to frequent the Monta Verde Deck restaurant for lunch due to the superior quality food so we were keen to try out the accommodation on our next visit...we were not disappointed...from the moment we arrived we were made to feel like part of a lovely little family...service is second to none,we booked a deluxe room and we're not unhappy,beautifully decorated and spacious,the staff from manager to bar to cleaning were second to none....food in the Deck restaurant was amazing,on par with any other restaurant we tried if not better.....thank you Nasif for my beautiful napkin rose and for looking after us....very special.The bar staff are amazing,Fatih I will love you always,you are a star...Thank you Bora,the owner,for taking time every day to ask how our holiday was...this is why I love Turkey so much,especially this area....so relaxed and friendly....thanks to Erdem and Esra for service and attention to detail and the lovely send off....cant rave about this place enough,if I had to have a gripe all I would say is music not loud enough or current enough....turn it up guys and let's partayyyyyy!!

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank BuntingP
Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Have just returned from a weeks break in Turkey and as a first timer was a little wary of what to expect.
People who had told me all their bad stories have obviously been staying the the wrong areas!!
The Monte Verde villas are situated in a quiet but very beautiful area with Hisoranu a ten minute walk away.
From the second we arrived we were made to feel at home...the place really feels like a little family with guests and staff all mingling well...have never been on holiday where we got waved off in the taxi on the last day by all our new friends :o)
The food included in our half board option was gorgeous with a really friendly chef serving so that I didnt over indulge like I would have on an all inc deal!!!The bar staff were friendly, cheeky and very welcoming and we always ended up having a blast at the pool bar.The bar houses an excellent selection of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks.
The Tukish bath spa package is worth the £25 too....so so good.
I'm definatly returning next year and I urge people to give it a try...I don't think the bad reviews are justified!!
thank you so much for a wonderful stay xx

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Lisa S
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Very disappointed! I chose this as my destination because of the great reviews on trip advisor! The first room I was given was like trying to sleep in the middle of a school playground and when I asked for a quieter location (I had asked for a quiet room in my booking email) i was moved to the quiet but distinctly substandard accommodation in a separate building - much more peaceful but in desperate need of an update and a deeper clean!
Breakfast was plentiful unless you arrived in the last half an hour - nothing was replenished and the coffee machine was unplugged promptly at 10am and no amount of polite requests got it turned back on again!
The evening meal included in the dinner bed & breakfast I had opted for was very disappointing - a selection of pre-packaged salads such as Russian salad, tomatoes, cucumber, various pastes and the hot choice was chips or rice with some kind of fried breaded item or an indistinguishable meat (which the chef told me was beef) in a tomato sauce; no offer of anything to drink not even a glass of water; desert was a banana and no offer of coffee or the option to request one. The next day I asked for a refund on the dinner option I had paid for in advance!
I would no currently recommend this hotel despite its central location in Ovacik and still have 4 nights in which to hopefully form a better opinion!

Room Tip: Maybe good as a family choice but not as Solo or couple Internet only receivable in reception not g...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank walker1963
Esra K, Guest Relations Manager at Monta Verde Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Alison

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your honest reviews about us on TripAdvisor. Your comments and opinions are important for us to take ourselves one step further each year. We are trying our best service for all of our guests.We are sorry about that you are not pleased with your holıday.

We hope to see you again

Best Regards