“Best holiday ever!”

Milkyway Apart & Hotels
Ranked #37 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 10 August 2013

This was our second time at these apartments, the first time we went (2 years ago) was prior to the hotel and second pool being there. We had the same room as we requested it direct and it is 2 bedroomed with 2 bathrooms. Fantastic. The Altan family looked after us very well and the waitress Tugba has become a lifelong friend. Can't wait to go back. the only problem we had was on our arrival at 10pm 23rd July all of the sun beds were reserved. I couldn't believe this and certainly hadn't experienced it before. This went on for a couple of days so we mentioned it to Ozgun who said it had only just started but she had arranged for a sign to be put up that evening. The problem never occurred again and I think it was down to one particuar group and then everyone else followed suit.There was also one evening where the same group of people stayed up till 4 or 5am, jumping in the pool, loud music etc. and the poor barman Nadim couldnt control them. The hotel has a policy that the doors in the bar are closed at midnight so as not to disturb other residents. every time Nadim closed the doors they opened them1 That was the only night we didnt get any sleep. The rest of the holiday went without incident and there were always many spare sunbeds even if you came to the pool at lunchtime. The water volley ball was organised by my partner at the request of others, all seemed to have fun and as there are 2 pools it was still possibl to have a quiet swim in the alternative pool so not sure what the problem was there? Cleaners came every day, handy man Akif is a star and we will definitely be going back. It is idyllic and for what you pay it is exceptional value or money. Ozgun organised the Quad Bikes, Kaya Village, Dalyan river cruise and scuba diving for us, all a great success and good value for money.

Room Tip: 103 is a double room with 2 bedrooms and bathrooms so ideal if you have teenagers.
2  Thank Sharon W

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We usually stay at the Calbis in Dalyan but left it too late this year to get rooms so ended up in the Milky Way as we were looking for a hotel that offered the same family run small and friendly experience and we weren't disappointed.

We stayed in the hotel part and could not fault it. The rooms were spacious and spotlessly clean with very large balconies over looking the pool where you could enjoy a little G&T watching the sun going down. We favoured the swimming pool in front of the hotel itself and it was perfect. Never an issue with sunbeds and the most people I counted in the pool at anyone time was 11. It was lovely and relaxed and chilled but I appreciate this is all to do with the group of people who happen to be holidaying at the same time as you and we were lucky!

The food at the hotel was exceptional so much so that, rather unusually for us, we only ate out at a restaurant in town on 1 night. You could tell everything was cooked to order from fresh and the variety on offer was just right. We didn't settle our food and drink tab until just before we left and so were slightly concerned what the final bill would be given that we had enjoyed ice creams, drinks, pancakes, cocktails and iced coffees all day all week for four adults without holding back....we were amazed at just how reasonable the total bill was (less than £500). Unlike some hotels that tend to hold you to ransom so far as food and drink prices are concerned, everything was reasonably priced, we were pleasantly surprised.

As is said on all the reviews, the staff are amazing. I had a problem with my contact lenses and the lady on reception (Ozgun?) saved the day no problem at all, she went out and bought solution for me using her own money. Also, Funda(?) the waitress is so lovely and helpful...everything a waitress should be and this is only her first season....you would never know it, she is very professional and attentive and an asset to the hotel.

Beware that you can't settle your bar tab by card without prior notice as we only found out half an hour before the coach was due to pick us up to take us to the airport however, once again the staff were so hopeful and drove us in to town to a cash point in the nick of time and this was without a gun to our heads! Nothing was a problem for them, they are lovely people.

Would definitely recommend the hotel but Hisaronu itself is not for us....too much neon, loud music and reps trying to get you into bars so we probably wouldn't go back but this is what makes the Milky Way a little oasis in the town. It is far enough out of town so you don't have to be a part of that scene if you don't want to but a short Dolmus ride away if you want it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank TheFutchers
Reviewed 8 August 2013

On arrival we were shown to the room we had paid the hotel direct extra to have a upgrade to a 2 bedroom apartment. the room was not what we expected the second bedroom was up a spiral staircase that would never meet any safety regulations in Europe. the ceiling was sloping and our son who is 5ft 11 was bent over to walk around room.
we asked about moving was told a flat no .
The bathroom was dirty and had brown stains on the wall. the shower was very old and tired
The apartment was sparse very basic.
the noise from the mosque was expected but not as loud as it actually was early hour of the morning.
The milky way is no where near anything to get to some sort of life is at least a 10 minute walk.
although the milky way does have its own entertainment its not to every ones taste, we were at the apartment when they had Turkish night this ended up with people being pushed in pool which to some was funny but then it come across as rather loutish the volume of some of the guests carried on in to the night and become rather noisy for those who wished to sleep. maybe young couples would enjoy the atmosphere more.
we have travelled extensively but have never felt this uncomfortable in a hotel/apartment.
I would rate this as a one star.
very poor customer relations due to asking to move rooms.
We had a few drinks from the bar which was pleasant service and the bar was good. He was a very friendly guy and kept apologising for the problem we had with room.
Restaurant had a stale fatty smell about it maybe due to all the fried food.
Defiantly would not go back to this hotel.
We had other friends locally who were staying at the poisedon hotel defiantly for younger guests and some others at the leytur both hotels were cleaner And more of a friendlier atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2013
MilkyWayApartments, Manager at Milkyway Apart & Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment. I Read your comment yesterday and since then i am in shock. I remember you very well. You asked me to upgrade your apartment to 2 bedroom before you arrived and I did not disappoint you and upgraded. After you arrived, you complained about The stairs because your wife could not go upstairs due to her problem with her legs.

But, you could ask for a low floor 2 bedroom apartment when you asked for an upgrade, you didnt. How can you expect me to know about your heath problems if you dont mention? Yes, then you ask us to move you but we were fully booked, all of The 2 bedroom apartments were taken. I had no choice, if I had I would do it for you. And now you are blaming us for your own mistake?? I dont understand how come people can be hard- featured this much? I am very disappointed. You took pictures but i dont see anything wrong or bad or dirty about The room... Apart from the mirror break which is top of The mirror and a children can not reach... By The way, if you would report that mirror or any other problem to The reception, we would fix all on The same day. But instead, you just thank to us for everything while you were leaving... Everyone who stayed with us previously would know how much cleaning is important to us and how important The comfort of our guests. We do maintainance of the rooms every year and would never leave very old sink etc.

We have 90% returning guests every year since 1998. İf our rooms would be dirty and we wouldnt be friendly, i dont think that we would have so many people returning and writing so nice comments about us and our Hotel.

I dont want to be rude to you indeed but i just didnt find your comment fair and please next time when go on holiday just try to be fair and dont blame people for nothing. Thank you.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

The hotel, grounds & staff where very friendly and nothing was too much for them to do you for. Would definately return. Just a pity that a big fat BULLY was staying at the hotel, and bullied an old lady one morning for her making a genuine mistake!!!! Especially when nobody else was around to witness his behaviour!!!! Get some teeth you need them!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LODI50
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Our third visit to the Milky Way apartments and as usual I can not fault the hotel or the Altan family who are the most gracious of hosts. On arrival and departure they greeted us and said good byes like we where not just customers but friends.
Our room was lovely and faced the pool which I had requested and as usual ozgun never fails to let me down. The food at the hotel was of an amazing standard this year and great value for money.
The hotel is a fifteen minute walk to town but this appeals to us as its nice to be away from the hustle and bustle of town.
The only let down this year was the behaviours of some of our fellow countrymen, but no surprises there! And no fault of the hotels! This year we travelled with a group of people we had met the previous year. Yes I was one of the awful people who committed the crime of leaving my towel on the sunbed. (I have subsequently seen a photo of my towel on Facebook on the sun bed I frequented but the biggest shock was one of the complainers was lying on said towel lol)! However after people had taken to complaining to the management about the sunbed situation the management put a sign up at the pool area not to reserve sunbeds. So I think the Altan family deserve credit for tackling the situation instead of ignoring it!
Also I would like to make it clear to previous reviewer rossendale I was witness to his verbal attack on an elderly lady in fact she was left clearly shaken so much so I went and asked her was she ok after he had sworn at her whilst she was on her own. I hadn't spoken to the lady before but was so taken aback by the venom he had spoken to her with I felt someone had to reassure her! I am glad my children where not witness to his potty mouth!
On our last day I did say to my friends I was glad we where leaving as the clientele of customer had went slightly downhill. In fact I witnessed a rather rowdy game of water polo in the pool by the complainers and I would not have wanted my children to hear the language or be in the pool as it was very rowdy. We had a 4 year old in our group who we had all enjoyed watching learn to swim without his arm bands, and no way would I have felt safe watching him in a pool that rowdy! I am all for people having fun on holidays but without intruding on other people.
We will return to the Milky Way as we enjoy the atmosphere of this family run hotel but will definitely time our holidays either before or after the English school holiday rush. The Altan family are the most hospitable hosts we have came across in our travels.

1  Thank emz100
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Have been to Milky Way countless times at different times in the summer and always go back to to hospitality of the Altan family and staff. Comments made by Wilko04 are obsurd he is referring to our family who literally popped to the shops which is only a 20 min walk to come back to find towells and toys dumped on floor. No one feels the place is "their own" as described that's ridiculous we've made many a close friend round the pool who are life friends. Found certain guests unfriendly but who cares Milky Way in my opinion is one of the best family run places to stay for price, hospitality beautiful gardens views and peacefulness. If you want more suggest you jog on down to Green Forest pay an arm and a leg and feel like your at Butlins. There really is no pleasing some moaners !!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Lisalottie
Reviewed 3 August 2013

These are excellent family run apartments. The entire team are friendly & very helpful and you are made to feel part of the family. This is the main problem I have with our stay. Those customers who come back year after year treat the place like home. The sunbed situation was a farce. The “Regulars” kept their towels on the sun loungers 24/7. If they take their towel to the room and you place your towel on “Their” sun Lounger; God forbid! One little old lady not only took my daughters Sun Lounger, she took her towel as well, because someone had taken hers. She could not understand why I was angry that she had taken my daughters towel.
Also the location is not as described. The apartments are actually in Ovacik, a good 30 minute walk from the center of Hisaronou and a good 20 minute bus ride from Olu Deniz.
The rooms are cleaned daily
Food at the restaurant is excellent and reasonably priced. They use a “Tab” system which you pay daily. I would suggest checking your receipts as I was charged again for the safe deposit box & Air conditioning. That said, I paid father cash who didn’t write a receipt, so I was subsequently charged again by the daughter who couldn’t apologise enough for her error. Apart from that I only had 2 ice lollies at about 30p each that shouldn’t have been there.
Turkish night was excellent fun if a little overpriced at £12.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room starting with a 1 as these are semi underground that look very small & dar...