“Now closed”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This restaurant is now closed which is a shame no doubt another will open in its place if one hasn't already . Problem with Yalikavak as it gets more and more popular with Brits but more so Istanbul Turks , the rents for business property's are going through the roof and people are finding it hard to make a living

1  Thank BillyButlin43

Reviewed 30 March 2014

we often eat here when in Yalikavak for several reasons, the full English used to be the only decent on in the town but now several restaurants have improved their morning menu, the chips are not to be missed, no I realise if your abroad then chips aren't a priority but if you want some home comfort then go here for the sausage and chips you wont be disappointed. on special occasions its worth getting the amphora as its outstanding, we have always had friendly service here which makes you want to go back for another visit.

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

We've been here a number times & never disappointed. Can recommend the anfora (??) kebab which is the house special - chicken/beef with dates onion in a tomato sauce served in a clay pot ( plus you get the pot to take home !) Excellent service - we were telling the waiter how hard we were finding it to get limes- he took us out to their secret garden ( you can also eat here) were he picked us loads of fresh limes off the tree! Will return again, again & again !

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We have eaten here 3 times over the last two weeks and I am sat there now enjoying yet another exceptional meal.

Wonderful food, exceptional service and Ibrahim is a genuinely nice guy who will go out of his way for you.

I would particularly recommend it for families with children as well as anyone with food allergies and tolerances. My good friend is gluten intolerant and they specifically went out of their way to make dishes with corn flour.

And will create off the menu if asked as well as cater for children with dressing free pastas and plain burgers etc.

All told fantastic.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

the staff are friendly, funny and very conscious to make your entire meal experience a good one, they cannot do enough for you. They are extremely accommodating, if you have any questions about the restaurant, its food, or the rest of your trip (good places to go, things to see, directions etc...) they will go out of there way to help you. (i was after some pistachios and had missed the market, so the owner took me to the shop to get some.) the food is fantastic, the prices are reasonable and the flavours incredible, everything me and my family (7 of us all together) have eaten there has been amazing, I will be coming here again, and since my family go to Turkey 3 times a year, it will be a restaurant we will visit regularly.