“Fabulous Boutique Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Avantgarde Yalikavak Hotel
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Yalikavak
“Fabulous Boutique Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Due to an unfortunate accident on our yacht my husband ended up in hospital with a cracked hip. I had to find a hotel at short notice.I was recommended this hotel by Aura Yachting ,based in Yalikavak. All the staff were very helpful and concerned about my situation.I was so lucky to have chosen this hotel,not expecting ending up I a hotel for nearly two weeks on my own.I was very pleasantly surprised when I arrived.The room was a suite, entering into the bedroom, then through to a corridor with plenty of wardrobe space on one side and bathroom on the other,then on through to a lounge area with another television,a fridge and coffee/tea making facilities.The view is fantastic overlooking Yalikavak bay. There are lots of sitting out areas,either around the pool,on the beach or on the platform which goes out to sea. There is a bathing platform anchored a short swim away as well.
I managed to fit in a couple of massages which were superb.
Food wise breakfast was a fantastic array of organic food. All sorts of cheeses,dried fruits,meats. Home made jams,fresh orange juice,a choice of eggs however you wanted them cooked.
I would highly recommend this hotel .The staff,the amenities the situation are all the best.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Carole G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

My wife and I traveled from Chicago to Turkey in early Sept. 2012 for a good friends wedding. After the hustle and bustle of Istanbul for 4 days and the big resort scene we stayed at for the wedding in Cesme, we wanted to stay somewhere we could chill out. Once we decided on the Bodrum penisula, We spent alot of time researching properties in Yalikavac and the highest rated places did not seem to be right on the water and were very expensive. We kept coming back to Mejor Costa and we are so happy we did.

At the time there was not a lot of info on the place because it had just opened in late July. So we took a gamble on Mejor Costa and boy did it pay off. We originally booked a garden room and once we got to the hotel we immediately knew we wanted a ocean view. Since the hotel was so new they were probably 25% booked and gave us the upgrade at a great deal. The suite room was modern, clean, and immaculate. Each night we came back to the room we found a nice treat like a bowl of fruit, a cheese plate, etc. The service was perfect. Breakfast (included in price) was traditional Turkish breakfast with lots of options. The grounds are beautiful. The hotel has a nice little beach, pool, and a dock decked out with loungers. Also there was two kayaks free to use and we used them to explore the bay. The resort also boasts a spa and I had to experience a Turkish bath and massage. All I have to say was it was the best massage experience I have ever had. Off the charts good!

This is a by far a 5 star boutique hotel and we were fortunate to have experienced right after it opened because once this place catches on, i would expect the rates will be much higher than we paid.

Some useful notes. Yalikavak is about a 20 minute ride to Bodrum. We had a car, but there is a shuttle that you can take from town to Bodrum. Mejor Costa is a 30 minute walk from the heart of Yalikavak. We did walk it once and the walk itself follows the bay on the water and is a nice walk. I believe you can catch a shuttle near the hotel to get to the heart of Yalikavak or a taxi.

This was a great spot for us and I highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple