“Great rooms, great views, very good.”

Avantgarde Yalikavak Hotel
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Yalikavak
Alnwick, United Kingdom
“Great rooms, great views, very good.”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here at the end of September in a superbly presented balcony room with stunning views across to Yalikavak and the old and new marina's.

It was end of season and we almost had the hotel and the private beach and jetty area to ourselves. The downside was the breakfast was not the buffet service that is normally served (it was served on the weekend when a few Turkish couples stayed and it was excellent).

I think this hotel would be an even better place to stay during the season although we enjoyed having the place to ourselves. If you are looking for a high quality boutique style hotel at a reasonable price within a few minutes drive/dolmus of Yalikavak marina's I would definitely recommend the Avantgarde.

Room Tip: Balcony room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Colin P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Me and my partner chose to stay here for a week at the beginning of September, we were looking for a relatively low key holiday where we could just relax.

Hotel Avantgarde gave us exactly what we were looking for and more;

Location - about a 30 minute walk into the town (you can walk all the way along the coast which is lovely) or you can hop in a taxi that takes about 5-10 minutes and costs around 20 Lira (prices varied)

Area - there are not alot of places near the hotel to eat but this isnt really a problem seeing as its so close to the town, there is also a little shop right next door that will sell everything you need (water etc.)

Room - the rooms were just lovely, we opted for a Deluxe Sea View that was just beautiful, new sheets and towels every day with nice little arangements on your bed (we did ask for a duvet as there was only a blanket in the room) I would reccomend getting a room on the 1st floor as the garden view rooms are right next to the pool and are less peaceful.

Hotel Food - brekfast was always lovely, very Turkish with a selection of cheese and meats (cereal, bread and fruit too if your not into that) we also had lunch and dinner a few times in the hotel and it was absolutly gorgeous! (oddly though they only offer a B&B basis)

Staff - the staff were always very helpful and friendly however most of them hardly spoke a word of English (if they didnt speak it they went to fetch someone who did) we didnt really find this a problem though (plus you are in another country! so not everyone speaks English)

Sunbathing - even in September Turkey was hot! very nice though. there is a tiny little beach (we didnt really go on it as the sand wasnt great) but there is a little pontoon thing that has beds that are just lovely to lounge on. there are also sun loungers on the grass area behind the beach so pleanty of choice!

Yalikavak itself - absolutely lovely place, no rowdy bars, fantastic for a quiet getaway. if you like amazing food, sea front restaurants and lovely little shops to wander around then this is the place for you!

The only negative thing about our trip was the fact that no one knew where the hotel was! I dont know if it was new and therefore unknown but it did make it a bit tricky with taxis, tour buses etc. although I am sure this problem will dissapear over time. (still worth checking your airport pick up knows where to go as you dont want to miss flights! we called ahead to check)

Overall I would deffinately recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a peaceful and relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: There are only 2 floors to the hotel but pay a little extra and get a Sea view room (not a garden vi...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Balyssia
California, Kentucky
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We booked at this hotel at a Turkish friend's recommendation. About a year old, the hotel is stylish, clean and supported by an excellent staff. The hotel is right on the beach, and guests can swim either in the hotel pool or in the sea. The area is in a quiet part of Bodrum, and is protected from winds that come across the sea. The hotel has a pier with very comfortable lounging chairs and umbrellas. The food is excellent and the wait-staff are attentive and always present. I also had a very competent Shiatsu massage. If I return to Bodrum, I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank capadden
Chisinau
Reviewed 7 August 2013

First of all I do not aggree with other contributors that it is an excellent hotel.Hotel is situated 10 minutes far away from Yalikavak center by bus.The beach and the pool is beautiful.The sea is clean.Stuff is very helpful.The rooms are clean and nicely decorated.Breakfast was good.Negative points:Stuff was knocking or trying to enter the room even the “no disturb” light was on.I called the receptionist and warned them but the next day it happened again.They must take attention to privacy more.And food which they prepare was good in general.(Only thing is they were too salty).I observed a couple of times that stuff were discussing loud next to us.But in general I advice you to go to this hotel…

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cojusna
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Due to an unfortunate accident on our yacht my husband ended up in hospital with a cracked hip. I had to find a hotel at short notice.I was recommended this hotel by Aura Yachting ,based in Yalikavak. All the staff were very helpful and concerned about my situation.I was so lucky to have chosen this hotel,not expecting ending up I a hotel for nearly two weeks on my own.I was very pleasantly surprised when I arrived.The room was a suite, entering into the bedroom, then through to a corridor with plenty of wardrobe space on one side and bathroom on the other,then on through to a lounge area with another television,a fridge and coffee/tea making facilities.The view is fantastic overlooking Yalikavak bay. There are lots of sitting out areas,either around the pool,on the beach or on the platform which goes out to sea. There is a bathing platform anchored a short swim away as well.
I managed to fit in a couple of massages which were superb.
Food wise breakfast was a fantastic array of organic food. All sorts of cheeses,dried fruits,meats. Home made jams,fresh orange juice,a choice of eggs however you wanted them cooked.
I would highly recommend this hotel .The staff,the amenities the situation are all the best.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Carole G
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My wife and I traveled from Chicago to Turkey in early Sept. 2012 for a good friends wedding. After the hustle and bustle of Istanbul for 4 days and the big resort scene we stayed at for the wedding in Cesme, we wanted to stay somewhere we could chill out. Once we decided on the Bodrum penisula, We spent alot of time researching properties in Yalikavac and the highest rated places did not seem to be right on the water and were very expensive. We kept coming back to Mejor Costa and we are so happy we did.

At the time there was not a lot of info on the place because it had just opened in late July. So we took a gamble on Mejor Costa and boy did it pay off. We originally booked a garden room and once we got to the hotel we immediately knew we wanted a ocean view. Since the hotel was so new they were probably 25% booked and gave us the upgrade at a great deal. The suite room was modern, clean, and immaculate. Each night we came back to the room we found a nice treat like a bowl of fruit, a cheese plate, etc. The service was perfect. Breakfast (included in price) was traditional Turkish breakfast with lots of options. The grounds are beautiful. The hotel has a nice little beach, pool, and a dock decked out with loungers. Also there was two kayaks free to use and we used them to explore the bay. The resort also boasts a spa and I had to experience a Turkish bath and massage. All I have to say was it was the best massage experience I have ever had. Off the charts good!

This is a by far a 5 star boutique hotel and we were fortunate to have experienced right after it opened because once this place catches on, i would expect the rates will be much higher than we paid.

Some useful notes. Yalikavak is about a 20 minute ride to Bodrum. We had a car, but there is a shuttle that you can take from town to Bodrum. Mejor Costa is a 30 minute walk from the heart of Yalikavak. We did walk it once and the walk itself follows the bay on the water and is a nice walk. I believe you can catch a shuttle near the hotel to get to the heart of Yalikavak or a taxi.

This was a great spot for us and I highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple