“Can think of more than 4 reasons to stay here”

4reasons hotel+bistro
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Yalikavak
United States
“Can think of more than 4 reasons to stay here”
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Great mid-sized boutique hotel. Five minute walk to beach, 15 minutes to town (it's really not that far). Loved the spacious rooms, great restaurant, beautiful pool. Staff were extremely helpful and nice. We rented a car, which I think made the whole trip better. Yalikavak itself is cute with relaxed beaches - definitely good for kids and families. Would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed 18 June 2010

Just returned from a very relaxing week at the 4 Reason....wonderful hotel, great for recharging the batteries and just kicking back
Good bits - the hotel. Well designed, lovely lush gardens & so chilled out. Lie out in the sun by the crystal clear pool, laze in the hammock under the palm trees or if your feeling your inner child, have a go on the trampoline!
Not so good bits - Drinks & food is really overpriced at this hotel. Food is OK but if you can be bothered to walk into to town you can have equally good food for a fraction of the price. Yalikavak is not going to win any prizes for the prettiest town of the year...beautiful from a distance but close up, un-finished, unkempt & the beaches we came across were small & dirty.....hence why we stayed mostly by the pool.
Tips - you don't have to pay for a pricey taxi from the airport to the hotel. I suggest a taxi into Bodrum to the bus station then a mini bus into Yalikavak & from there a taxi or minibus up to the hotel...sounds alot of hassle but its very easy & is about half the price. I've not tried it but you can book a transfer at resorthoppa.com as well.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Izmir
Reviewed 23 May 2010

We've been there for 3 days during April. The reason why I selected this place is for we were looking for a quite getaway from the city. We had a little trouble to find the hotel eventhough we were familiar with the area, however, hearing just the wind and natural noises was priceless. It was a very refreshing holiday for me and for my wife as well. Staff was friendly, the place was very beautiful and breakfeast was very good.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Innsbruck, Austria
Reviewed 18 May 2010

I never write travel reviews, but this boutique is definitly worth mentioning. A stylish but still family oriented hotel where one quickly can feel at home by the Turqish Canadian owners. Previously corporate executives as well, they understand what busy people really need to relax. An incredibly warm and personal approach, delicious food (owners pretend it's mere down to earth but don't be fooled, it's great), attentive and more than friendly staff, combined with an honest approach to all your real needs. Ask for activities in the area, that weird artist who lives in an abonded village, or the latest regatta, you will get full service to your questions and more. A place where I would have loved to stay many more days.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
England
Reviewed 17 August 2009

...many many reasons to stay at this unique and very special place...starting with a splendid breakfast (it can’t get more natural and healthy !), exciting lunch (catered to your daily mood) and very selected gourmet style dinner (you will not find a better dinner menue in Bodrum ! if you love food you stay for dinner, trust me). The staff was unbelievably professional and virtually invisible (not in your face to interrupt precious relaxing time by the pool like other hotel experiences I had around the globe), the moment you look up there is an immediate attention from this well trained team of service providers. Ali and Esra have done an amazing job from the room designs, food/drinks to a rich entertainment program to cater to anyone’s well-being during their stay at 4Reasons. Can’t wait to go back !!! ...sorry, have forgotten to mention the best well tought music selection during anytime of the day !

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
England
Reviewed 3 August 2009

A veritable oasis. Style, service and comfort are the hallmarks of this little gem in southern Turkey. You’ll find the entire staff to be charming and helpful, and keen to make your stay an enjoyable one. The hotel itself is very chic with a wonderful ambience and all the amenities (and more) you’d expect in any first rate boutique hotel. -- Imagine, all this, plus great food. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Doha
Reviewed 30 July 2009

We have stayed in 4reasons hotel+bistro for three nights and liked it. I want to explain why I gave the ratings like this.
Cleanliness: It is really clean, everyday the room is cleaned, the towels are partly changed. The sheets of the bed are changed every three days. The pool, the restaurant is always well maintained.
Location: The hotel is on a hillside looking the sea over the mandalin tree gardens. The environment is peaceful and suitable for relaxing, only the voice of the birds and insects. I gave four because it is not easy to reach hotel by yourself, I mean you really need a transportation to reach Yalikavak. If you have a car no problem at all.
Rooms: Actually the rooms are welldesigned but when it comes to the 4 reasons; one of them is design so they need to upgrade the rooms. The room is well kept but as they have claimed in their website, we were supposed to feel like we are at home; Our answer is NO, we didint.. Very simple, I needed a bit of tissue, many hotels keep a box of tissues, no tissues anywhere, just toilet paper. No toiletteries, no shampoo, moisturizer or conditioner. It is said that guests are bringing their own and they are putting the complimentary shampoos into the trash. I always bring them back to my house to keep them in my bath room, this is a kind of advirtesement. Anybody visiting my house may see the bottles, soaps and ask me about the hotel. This is the way I think. As a summary, bring you shampoo, there is no shampoo in the room! But there is only two boxes of matches, shower cap and cottonbuds. As their concepts are design and quality, there is a lack of quality. This is the year 2009 and please see the pictures, this room really deserves an LCD on the middle counter, just a simple small one! Of course, it is not essential, but we are speaking about the hotel concept. Lastly, we had a problem with our A/C. As we did not complain about it to the management but it was very annoying tring to cool down the room for about 2 hours every night. Not possible to keep the AC on when you are outside because of the energy saving policy of the hotel. As you can seperate the key and keyholder and put the rectangular mirrorcard in to the slot and keep your room cool all the time. But we respect their strategy and be patient about the slow and noisy AC.
Service: The food is extremely delicious. I cannot say a word about it. Try chicken with fig and almond, the desert with the peaches. You will not regret. The breakfast is not too much but satisfying with fresh products. Do not expect to find a great all inclusive hotel buffet but we liked the buffet as it is really delicious. Homemade pastries, fresh orange juice, cheese, olives, fruit salad, cereals. What shall I ask for more? The service is wonderful. Mr. Birol, the chief of the bistro is wonderful, not only he is good at his job but also very talkative which makes you invite him to your table but as he is on duty. He has a good knowlegde about his job. He is great! The manager of the hotel was like a tradesman, he was far away from asking us how did we spend the holiday. I feel like we were buying something from a department store when we were paying during the check-out. Without smiling, polite but like he was unwilling to invite us for the second time. Normally people say, "we would like to see you again". I think they do not want to see us again... But I do not want to decrease the rating I have given for the service just for the manager's unexpected behavior. If he had a little smile on his face, I would not have written any of this negative comments of mine but he changed our thoughts about the hotel in a second just during the check-out. Disappointing, I had read many good things about him before. May be it was a bad day for him...
Value: Actually I would like to pay a little less for this hotel, as it is just room and breakfast. But it is okay.

Lastly, the hotel deserves a 5 star for the serenity, one of its 4 reasons where it gets its name.
But for attitude, for design and quality, there is a bit way to go.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yalikavak
Delta Beach Resort
#1 of 97 in Bodrum City
Mandarin Oriental, Bodrum
Mandarin Oriental, Bodrum
#3 of 18 in Golturkbuku

Been to 4reasons hotel+bistro? Share your experiences!