“Excellent”
Review of Delta Beach Resort

Delta Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Yalikavak
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Me and my girlfriend recently stayed at Delta Beach Resort and had a superb week, all inclusive. We arrived at the hotel at 6 in the morning Turkish time so initially it was a case of getting to the room (we were situated just above the main restaurant, very easy to get to everything and our view from the balcony was decent enough if not spectacular.) Once we had slept we then sauntered about trying to get our bearings; our room itself was very nice, the shower was big, it was clean and spacious. Perhaps one little negative about the room was the fact that we were provided only with a small blanket rather than bed sheets and these were not that valid for the heat, also the air conditioner was not brilliant so getting to sleep at night was often difficult at first but once you did it was a comfortable snooze.

The rest of the hotel facilities were near enough perfect. There is a choice of 2 different pools, one predominantly frequented by children and another which is a more tranquil pool which myself and my girlfriend opted for most days. Both pools are by a bar so you don't have to go far to refresh yourself with an cold bevarage. There is also a smaller pool with waterslides for a bit of fun. As well as this you have a small strip of sand leading to the sea as well as a myriad of sunbeds just above sea level with ladders leading down to the sea. The setting is lovely.

If you don't fancy drinking and relaxing by the pools or sea area there is a sports cafe located on the second floor that overlooks the resort and this is a very nice place to sit with a Pina Colada and just chill.

As for the food, it is very nice indeed. I was a bit sceptical beforehand about the 'all inclusive' nature, never having been on an all inclusive holiday before but it was well worth it - you are entitled to unlimited drinks both alcoholic and soft, this also includes hot drinks such as delicious coffee, tea and hot chocolate. The food in the main restaurant varied from day to day so it did not become monotonous, it is a buffet style with soup (different every day) chicken, lamb, fish, steak, that alternate then salads, cheeses, chips, potatoes and much more. There was a plethora of desserts - something for everyone and if you didn't fancy something gooey you could tuck into some fruit.

As well as the main buffet restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, there is also 3 other restaurants in the resort which I think is an excellent alternative and something different for a change for a few nights. My girlfriend and I went to all 3 - a seafood restaurant, an Ottoman (Turkish) restaurant and on the last night an Italian restaurant. All 3 was superb and served 5 courses amidst a backdrop of beautiful scenery. In these restaurants there is less of a hussle and bussle of the main buffet one and you feel as though you are in a very high class restaurant with excellent service.

Perhaps the most outstanding feature of this resort is the staff. They are very friendly, make you feel at home and look after you well, from the pool bar staff to the restaurant waiters. We also enjoyed the good-humoured shows on every night and for those with children, the mini disco will keep them well enterained.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of going to Turkey who enjoys relaxing, eating, drinking, having a good time and being well taken care of. We will certainly think about going back here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Simon B

Reviewed 4 June 2012

We spent an week all inclusive at the Delta Beach and were so impressed we are planning to return next year (if not this year).

Our room was just above the beach and was one of the largest I have stayed in, it was also mainly constructed of wood and as such it kept us cool and there was little need for the air conditioning, although when it did get uncomfortable in the room the air conditioning worked a treat!

The food was beautiful and between the main restaurant, beach snack bar and the A la carte restaurants (2 free with all inclusive and only 5 euros each after this) we certainly didnt get bored or hungry.

The other main attraction of this resort is the staff, when we arrived everyone was very friendly, but as time went on and we learnt the turkish for thank you and please they got even more eager to please.

Can not wait to go back!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Keith B
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Just literally returned from a weeks holiday at Delta Beach, and we all left with a real sadness in our hearts! Never before have I felt this when leaving a place, and there is definately something very special about Delta Beach. In addition to the beautiful location, great facilities, fabulous accommodation (bungalow room with sea view), amazing food, the most striking thing about this holiday experience for us was the warm and courteous service always received from all staff. We have spent many holidays in many different hotels in many countries, however this service from Delta Beach staff was totally unique. We are 3 friends who went away for a week of relaxation, and we got this plus much much more! From the moment of our check in at reception, we realised the helpfulness of staff was something striking. The management of this hotel have a very 'hands-on' approach and the fact that the general manager takes such an interest in the well-being of guests, as he chats with them around the pool and beach front, says a lot about the management style and intentions. Management - please be very proud of your hotel, the standards you have achieved, the service you provide, but most of all, the staff who provide this for you.

From Sedat and his 'team' at the pool bar - Danny, Russia and 'the boss' - you gave us some great laughs and entertainment especially with your flame juggling!, to staff in the main restaurant who were always so attentive and ensuring guests had a table and were provided with necessary drinks while they enjoy the varied, tasty and great food at every mealtime!, to the animation team - Deniz we love you!, to the professional (and not at all pushy) photography team, the attentive and pleasant staff in the italian, turkish,and fish al la carte restaurants, the amazing bar staff team at the snack bar (particularly Odhran!), to the fantastic and entertaining watersports team (King and Gavin - you are fabulous, and certainly changed our lives for a week!), to the lovely Yousef and his team in the spa - we had an amazing turkish bath package here on day 1 (a definite for the start of your holiday and an experience you will never forget!) and then we also enjoyed massages and other extras as the week went on! The staff in this hotel truly try to ensure that guests are catered for and have a great holiday experience, its just a pity that some guests aren't as respectful and pleasant in return (which unfortunately we saw lots of).

Also thanks and appreciation to our Thomas Cook rep Fatma. Very helpful and again genuine in her intention to truly assist guests to have the best holiday experience possible, and not simply set on 'selling excursions'. We experienced one problem during our stay at the hotel in that our first room was located directly above the disco and we found our heads pulsating in time to the extremely loud music and vibrations through the floor and walls for a number of hours on the first night and a lot of sleep deprivation!!! As soon as we told this to the reception staff and also to Fatma, we were promised a room change and this was sorted for us within half an hour, with the offer of an upgrade to delux accommodation. Therefore if you encounter any difficulties during your time at this hotel, let them know about it and they will be certain to sort it out for you. If they don't know of your difficulties or issues, then they can't help!

Food was of great quality and varied at each mealtime and something different on offer every time, cakes were particularly amazing, and the snack bar at the beach front offering a great alternative to the main restaurant at lunch which was great for us. Pools are lovely and waterslides great fun, but our favourite spot by far was the beachfront jetty, and a lovely breeze was a bonus as the day got very hot.

The hotel is of high standard, very well kept and maintained, staff can't do enough for guests, and all in all an amazing and very enjoyable week away. I have stayed in many hotels and have had great experiences in some of these, but am always keen to try different hotels the next time. This is the fist time that I know for sure that I will without a doubt be returning to Delta Beach on my next holiday - which now might need to be much sooner than anticipated. We are already planning a return trip asap!

Do not believe the very negative reviews about this hotel. I really cannot understand how people can find any fault, and think that these people are simple those who like to complain and find fault in anywhere they go. They would be better staying at home and allowing genuine people to enjoy the luxury and benefits of this fabulous hotel.

Thank you Delta Beach!

Dawn, Amanda & Tasha (Belfast)

Room Tip: Bungalows with sea view are amazing!
7  Thank Honest_Reviewer74
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Stayed here for 7 nights from Monday 7th May - Monday 14th May, from the moment we arrived we knew we had made the right choice. Ckeck in was very simple and quick, as this was a special price offered by Thomas Cook, i was concerned about the quality of room that we would be offered, we were shown to our room by a nice young lad, there was no need to worry, the view was stunning, looking to my right from the balcony, i noticed rooms higher up, i went back to reception to enquire about these. Was told these were deluxe so we upgraded to one. Room 2406. Food was to a 5 star standard and nothing was to much trouble for the waiters. Pool bar was a nice place to sit and have a relaxing drink any time of the day or night. Being offered popcorn in the evening was a bonus, u could also get lovely cakes there in the afternoon. The beach bar was handy at lunchtimes , if you did not want to change out of your swimwear ect, they offered a good selection of hot and cold food. There is a little shop in the hotel which sells all the essentials you may have forgotten to bring with you. There is a spa located in the hotel which we used, the treatments are of a high standad and well worth the money we paid.There are lifts down to the beach if you dont fancy the steps. There was never a problen getting a sunbed anywhere in the hotel. Dont be put off by negative reviews about this hotel as these must have been written by snobs. Nigel & Nicola, Maidstone Kent.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nigel1964
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I recently got back from a holiday at the Delta Beach hotel and let's just say there is no way I will ever be going back there well where to begin well when we got there our safe didn't work so I went down to the lobby to report it to be told it couldn't be fixed till 10 am the next day the next day came and no one had turned up to fix the safe so again I went down to the lobby to report it and was then told it would be fixed this afternoon so having no choice I left my room to use the hotel facilities after the first day I returned to find the safe still not fixed and worse still I was missing spending money which I had hid well going back down to the lobby they accepted no responsibility for the stolen money I then practically demanded my safe be fixed now and in response the porter casually walked upstairs into my room and entered a simple code 123456 and it opened which annoyed me even more as why couldn't the porter I first saw do this which made me feel that the porters and cleaners have got a scam going they pick certain couples saying the safe dosent work and they let the cleaners know who route around for money we werent the only couple this hapened too so not a great start to the holiday well let's get onto the food well it was ok but very repetitive the only thing that was good was the breakfast the other two meals became so predictable and what made things even worse was the other three resturants were shut baring the italian resturant sooo much for choice!!! It made the two sittings I got for free a farce as I really wanted to try the seafood restaurant which was shut!!! Then there is the entertainment well let's just say it was awfull a couple times the entertainers on stage were intoxicated some of the entertainment came across like it was planned 10 minutes before the show and it wasn't funny but sometimes very offensive their take on gay people I found particularly offensive because I have several gay friends there was only one good night and that was the Kenya acrobatics the entertainment was probably the worse thing about this hotel to be fair then you have the facilities well the Turkish bath suppose to be complimentary cost me 150 tl I just felt the entire time I was at the hotel I was being ripped off its a sad state of affairs on a supposedly 5 star hotel you get barraged by people trying to sell you activities when your simply trying to relax on a sun lounger their activities should have had set prices because at first I didn't believe I had to haggle to use facilities on site until someone was given a price that was nearly 50 tl less than what I was quoted that left me furious!! Then there's the transfers to bodrum and back supposedly 5 euros ohhh yeah ths hotel dosent like using its own currency!!!! But when they quoted me in tl it was 45 tl which is far more than 5 euros so again another rip off the only facilitie that I felt i was getting a good deal was the diving the rest was a complete con and when the all inclusive ends at midnight and you have to pay for drinks expect to pay British drink prices for each drink even in bodrum the prices are a complete rip off by the end of the holiday I just wanted to Come home because I was fed up with the hotel and turkey in general I will never go on holiday in turkey again and especially not to that hotel!!!

4  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I have just returned from holiday with my 4 sisters we stayed in the Delta Hotel it was absolutley beautiful, the staff were all amazing. Our rooms were great with sea veiws I have to say we all had a really great holiday and are planning our next, so you will all see us back in the Delta before the end of this season. If you want a really relaxing holiday this is place to go and just relax and let everyone do the work for you love it cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank brendamcmahon495
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I went with colleagues in may 2012 and we really liked it. the villas combined with wood design it's special and the resort is green. There is no beach but we plaid volley on the peer artificial beach.
The rooms are new, large and cozy, worm feeling.

The music by the beach is good, they have soft animation. i'd go back.

1  Thank danielaberbece
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yalikavak
Sirene Luxury Hotel Bodrum
#2 of 13 in Gundogan
Avantgarde Yalikavak Hotel
Avantgarde Yalikavak Hotel
#10 of 36 in Yalikavak

Been to Delta Beach Resort? Share your experiences!