We stayed here for one night as part of the groupon deal. The deal included tickets to Dreamland park which was next door. Overall it was ok. We didnt have good weather which is highly unusual for April in the UAE so that put a bit of a dampner on things.
I ll start with the pros and move on to the cons. The pros were it was easy to find. The drinks were very cheap by Dubai standards at the bar. Finding the Barracuda off license was easily the highlight of our trip. The restaurants food was passable. I liked the space in the appartments and the balcony and view was good.
The cons: The resort is located by the sea but you cannot go in or walk right beside it as it is fenced off. Swimming is not an option there neither. The pool was full of loud and noisy children. Not the hotels fault but it would be nice to have a separate pool for families. The appartments could have been cleaner. I found lots of grubby marks on the walls and around light switches.
We made our own entertainment which was fine. We ended up cancelling going to Dreamland due to the weather. However, our tickets are valid for up to one year so we will go again.
I would recommend this hotel but only as a cheap break away in order to stock up on some alcohol and chill by the pool (if its warm).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome To Barracuda Beach Resort When the heart, body and mind longs for some real fun-filled moments in a cozy confine, close to nature's bounds, 'Barracuda' is the best bet to treat yourself and your family to a whole new experience at leisure. 'Barracuda', is where one can have a rendezvous with nature by the Arabian Sea. Go ahead to party, or enjoy a game of pool or volleyball, not to mention a cool splash while seeing the sun disappear and also enjoy the kids have loads of fun at the toddler's pool. The 'Dreamland Aqua Park', the 'Al Hamra Mall' and the 'Emirates Motorplex' tracks are all at very close proximity too. So, get, set, started to a large serving of wholesome family fun at the 'Barracuda Beach Resort'. Barracuda Resort is situated on the edge of the lagoon that borders Umm Al Quwain, is about 30 Kms from Ras Al Khaimah, towards the North and about 28 Kms from Ajman, towards the South. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Barracuda Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barracuda Beach Hotel Umm Al Quwain
- Barracuda Beach Resort Umm Al Quwain