“Worst. Dinner. Ever.”

Boston Pizza
Ranked #38 of 50 Restaurants in Marana
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I want to start by saying that (#!1) I used to LOVE Boston's and that (#2) I NEVER bother to write restaurant reviews, good or bad. But this visit went sooooooo wrong
So, Chili's or Boston's? I wanted their phenomenal Pizza Burger and they are known around town for having the big, coldest beers, so Boston's it is!
Arrived happy, seated quickly, chipper waitress, fast waters, promised to be back in a minute to grab our drink order. WHAT? NO PIZZA BURGER ANYMORE? Fine, we decide we are going to try the "Dinner and a Movie". And then the wait begins...
We watch our waitress flirting with the busboy as he cleans her tables. And in back while she enters her orders. And all around the restaurant except anywhere near our table. 15 minutes after getting our water and being ignored by our waitress, we ask the busboy to please let her know we are waiting when he comes near. 23 minutes after getting our water, I go to the front and ask for help. They are kind enough to get us a new waitress. 23 minutes exactly? How does he know that? Because we had opted to do the "dinner and a movie" special they offered, checked the times and were now on a schedule.
Our new waitress seems great. She wants to do well and tries hard, but... Wife orders a margarita. I order a Mojito (featured on two pages in their menu). They are OUT OF MINT and can't make Mojitos! I order a beer. The special has a choice of 4 appetizers - Caprese Salad or Artichoke Hearts or Bleu Cheese Chips or Italian Nachos. We order the Bleu Cheese Chips and Caprese Salad. But the are out of MOZZARELLA for the salad so no salad. Mind you "out of mozzarella" and this is a pizza restaurant! So we order the Bleu Cheese Chips and the Artichoke Hearts. OUT OF ARTICHOKE HEARTS! So we end up with Bleu Cheese Chips and Italian chips for our appetizers. Sure they are tasty, but TWO TYPES OF CHIPS is all they can serve us.
The apps came fast and the drinks came fast. But the drinks... The Margarita was served in a pilsner glass. Different. And the huge beer was served in a wet, luke warm glass. This place is known for their freezing glasses, but I get the glass that I think just came out of the dishwasher!
So at the same time we ordered our entrees, we also order our desserts. Were have a choice of five different minis and we both choose the bread pudding. But... wait for it... they are OUT OF BREAD PUDDING!
No more Pizza Burger. Warm Beer. Ignored for 23 minutes by first waitress. Out of Artichoke hearts and mozzarella (at a pizza restaurant). Out of Mojitos and Bread Pudding (all featured items on a slow Saturday). Could it get any worse? HECK YEAH!
Wife's entree is quiet good, but mine... the chicken Milanese at a place that bills itself as an Italian restaurant... the potato chunk on my plate were apparently a frozen product before they were "cooked" because they came out cold and soggy. And I mean COLD. I bit into a few and they were filled with ice cold juiciness. Wish my beer had been that cold! Spinach salad dressing had barely any flavor and the breaded chicken breast was cooked well, but the lemon butter sauce it was supposed to come with. Not there! So it was a dry breaded chicken breast, cold potatoes, boring side salad. I point this out to my waitress and she offers to get me a new side of potatoes, but tells me that mine if her favorite dish and the chicken breast is NEVER served with any sauce or seasoning! She leaves to check with her manager. Comes back to apologize, because apparently it is supposed to come with sauce, but they are OUT OF THE SAUCE for my meal! Then she asks if I still want a new order of potatoes. Not, as one would expect, I would like an entirely new meal! She expects me to keep the plate with the cold potatoes and dry chicken and wait for more frozen potatoes! We say no, just bring us our bill.
(Also, want to point out this a bar/restaurant and though we finished our drinks before we finished our appetizers, we were never asked if we'd like another drink)
(And another point, the Manager never came over once to apologize or offer their condolences.)
So we pay our bill (even leaving an okay tip for the crap experience) and get the heck out of there! Is the torture over? HELL NO!
We were given two "VIP" movie tickets to the theater next door. We made it in time for our movie, but were told these "VIP" tickets were not good for any movies that started before 6pm! Boston's "Dinner and a Movie" special included tickets that could be used on the same freaking day you had dinner... unless you started eating at 4pm!
WORST. DINNER. EVER.

1  Thank Brian C

Reviewed 1 March 2014

While Boston is known for it's pizzas, our party of four opted for fish tacos, sliders and a calzone.
Everyone enjoyed what they orderd. The service was prompt. The drinks were reasonally priced- pint size of draft beer and margaritas were $3.50 each. The fish tacos were baja style and were very good. The portions served were large. Their sports bar was crowded but adjacent to the restaurant section so it was not noisey.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Bad service, and the food was not worth the wait. We sat at the table and waited for 10 minutes before we got served drinks and our food took over an hour, not to mention it's a holiday weekend and we were told they were short staffed. Really?!?!?

1  Thank Daniel J
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Look, I like Boston but pizza in Tucson just sucks. If you have lived any place in America that makes good Pizza, New York, Chicago, the S.F. bay Area, or anywhere with a Round Table, just don't eat Pizza here! I tried the Pizza at Boston about six months ago. There was so much Oregano I almost choaked! Don't buy Pizza in Tucson!

2  Thank cheguaverra
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Me and my husband went in there for dinner and the food was disgusting and the service was the worst.The manager darlene was so rude and she does not know customer service, and then I had a server named tracy and she didnt know anything about the menu it was ridiculous.she never smiled none of them did and then this lady who I believed was the owner was yelling at everyone and scared my kids.This place I wouldnt reccomend it to my worst enemy it wont stay open long and I found hair in my food and darlene told me to take it out that it would be fine.

2  Thank stacey m

Been to Boston Pizza? Share your experiences!