“Not great for a large group”
Review of Dove Mountain Grill - CLOSED

Dove Mountain Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2013

My issue with this restaurant doesn't have anything to do with the food - the food is delicious.

I contacted their events manager a month ahead of the date I needed to reserve a space for 14 people. I was traveling to The Ritz Carlton in Marana, AZ for a business event and needed to find a restaurant to accommodate a large group for dinner. I called their events manager and received confirmation via email that the reservation had been made for the day/time I specified. When my group showed up at the restaurant for dinner, there was no record of the reservation I made. I immediately pulled up the email confirmation I received (signed by the events manager), to which they told me that the events manager was out of the office for eye surgery.

The staff did accommodate our group, though they seemed very reluctant to do so. I didn't understand their reluctance since 1) they clearly dropped the ball and 2) our group was obviously going to be generating a substantial amount of business for the restaurant on a slow Thursday night.

Pretty sure I will not return to this restaurant, and I will certainly not recommend it to others.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

We went for dessert and drinks. Asked the bartender for a menu and he brought it after a while. We asked questions about the menu and he barely answered our question and walked away. When he came back we asked another question about the menu and he gave us a sarcastic answer and walked away without even getting our order again. I have never experienced such rudeness. Needless to say we got up and left and did dessert at Vero Amore where they are much friendlier. We will not be back to Dove Mountain Grill.

1  Thank Lberli
Reviewed 25 November 2012

My family and I have many fond memories at Dove Mountain Grill but, unfortunately the new menu is a bit of a disappointment. We were a party of 9 and only 1 of us enjoyed their meal. Hopefully they'll turn it around. For now we'll probably not be going back any time soon ....

1  Thank dab11822
Reviewed 17 October 2012

The clientele at Dove Mountain are willing to pay for quality, but not until this place hires a manager who knows his/her stuff and can offer good food, good service and consistent service.

1  Thank pamlaz
Reviewed 29 September 2012

When I saw the neon "open" sign I wondered if this was a bad choice for dinner. Couldn't have been more wrong. We had three different meals and they were all great! We then sampled three different desserts and enjoyed those as well. Definitely will be back.

2  Thank cookmon45