“Where are David and Claudette?”
Review of Dove Mountain Grill - CLOSED

Dove Mountain Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Marana, Arizona
“Where are David and Claudette?”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Stopped by for our usual cocktail and early dinner. New bartender -- no cocktail napkin, had to ask for menu, had to ask to order. She wasn't interested in us at all. I liked David and Claudette, they at least said hi and appeared to be interested in our dining experience. Won't be back, the menu was never that stimulating.

• Visited April 2013

“Good food”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

This spot is dependable and comfortable. Food has been consistently enjoyable and favorful. One of the best on Marana or Oro Valley.

• Visited March 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Great food and extensive wine list”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Dove Mountain Grill sits at the entrance of Dove Mountain, home of the Ritz Carlton, The Gallery and Golf Club at Dove Mountain.
Owned by someone who lives in Dove Mountain, he takes a hands-on approach to the day-to-day operations of the restaurant.
The menu has a wide selection, and the wine choices are very good and varied as well.
Suggestion: if you like meatloaf, try it here.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Aki T
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not great for a large group”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

My issue with this restaurant doesn't have anything to do with the food - the food is delicious.

I contacted their events manager a month ahead of the date I needed to reserve a space for 14 people. I was traveling to The Ritz Carlton in Marana, AZ for a business event and needed to find a restaurant to accommodate a large group for dinner. I called their events manager and received confirmation via email that the reservation had been made for the day/time I specified. When my group showed up at the restaurant for dinner, there was no record of the reservation I made. I immediately pulled up the email confirmation I received (signed by the events manager), to which they told me that the events manager was out of the office for eye surgery.

The staff did accommodate our group, though they seemed very reluctant to do so. I didn't understand their reluctance since 1) they clearly dropped the ball and 2) our group was obviously going to be generating a substantial amount of business for the restaurant on a slow Thursday night.

Pretty sure I will not return to this restaurant, and I will certainly not recommend it to others.

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't waste your time”
Reviewed 1 February 2013

We went for dessert and drinks. Asked the bartender for a menu and he brought it after a while. We asked questions about the menu and he barely answered our question and walked away. When he came back we asked another question about the menu and he gave us a sarcastic answer and walked away without even getting our order again. I have never experienced such rudeness. Needless to say we got up and left and did dessert at Vero Amore where they are much friendlier. We will not be back to Dove Mountain Grill.

1 Thank Lberli