“Impeccable service at a slice of Heaven” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain

The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Marana
“Impeccable service at a slice of Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with the most consistently impeccable service. Food and wines -- beyond outstanding. Property and room appointments -- gorgeous. We came for a weekend and were sad to leave. We'll be back.,

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Gailo95

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

This is a great location if you want to have a big corporate meeting or if you want to get away from everything. The other reviewers are correct that there is not much in the way of nice restaurants or amenities close to the hotel, and it will take a 15 minute drive to get to even a convenience store or chain restaurant. That said, it is a great place to have a contained business retreat if you want to keep people on-property, and if you are looking for an isolated getaway in a beautiful location.

The facilities are new, beautiful, and well maintained, and take good advantage of the surrounding scenery. Housekeeping was fine. The food I had while there (all banquet style) was very good by banquet food standards. The servers were all helpful and had good attitudes. Some were less attentive and less polished than I would expect from a Ritz-Carlton (slow on clearing plates or refilling water glasses, for example), but many were truly excellent. The front desk and check-in/check-out was decent, but understaffed.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

This hotel caters to a broad market. Great for families and kids, pool and spa folks, golfers and nature lovers. The location is spectacular but remote. srvice is impeccable. Everyone addressed us as Mr. and Mrs. _______, every request was handled promptly and efficiently, and all the ladies and gentlemen of the Ritz were friendly and helpful, really on their game.

We played golf twice and liked the courses except for the greens. I'm a little surprised that a big PGA Tour event is played on a course with such contrived greens. The condition of the courses was A+. Cayton's restaurant in the clubhouse was very nice for lunch after a round of golf and very enjoyable for dinner on the one occasion we dined there in the evening. Covered outdoor seating with an abundance of fireplaces and other fire features makes for a stunning setting. The food was good and reasonably priced.
The hotel itself, despite lavish pools and beautiful common areas, was disappointing. Our room was smallish with a terrible lounging chair and ottoman that was simply uncomfortable. We are, unfortunately, not comfortable in beds with very firm mattresses. The Ritz's mattresses are very firm and we did not sleep well during our 3 night stay. The balcony, which overlooked the pools, was too small for the small table and 2 chairs on it. So for more than $500/n we didn't sleep well, couldn't sit and read comfortably in the room or enjoy the undersized balcony.
Lastly, dinner in the hotel's upscale restaurant, The Core, was a disappointment as well. The menu was limited, the food was terribly average and outrageously expensive. We usually enjoy a good bottle of wine with dinner. Our private cellar has about 800 bottles in it right now, hence I know the prices of many wines. Some wines on The Core's wine list were marked up 400%. That is simply absurd. It doesn't matter if you are the Ritz, a rip off is a rip off. Charge 250% for your less expensive wines and 150-200% for your better wines. You'll sell more and aggravate fewer guests.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank racar22
San Marcos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Not sure that I can add to anything other reviewers haven't already said...indeed this place is amazing and the service is superb. The welcome (and we arrived at 11:30PM!) and departure felt genuinely warm. The staff are top notch and clearly excellent customer service has been instilled and emphasized, everything has been thought of and is available in anticipation that you may need it. This is the best hotel we have ever stayed at, you have to stay here!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the entry are not as quiet, easily solved by closing the balcony sliding door!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KenyanMK
Curacao
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Service is three star at best. Staff overlooks details from housekeeping , to valets, from bar tenders to gym hygiene, from pool side service to dinner restaurant. Details missed continuously.
Examples:
1) gym: worked out three days in a row. At no time was any of the equipment I used disinfected or water or towel restocked. In fact only cleaning done was trash can was emptied. I had to wipe down machines on my own.
2)housekeeping: had to call to have mini bar in suite restocked. Also cleaners - moved by stuff to random spots in room daily. For example gym shoes were basically hidden under tv, watch was put on foot shelf in bathroom. Etc...
2) dInner place: empty water glasses throughout meal.
Beautiful property . Terrible service. Will not be back. Management does not care.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank colorblind123
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

From top to bottom, everything about this place was well beyond my expectations. I was a guest of my girlfriend at a sales conference, so naturally there were times where she was off at a meeting and I was left on my own to explore my surroundings.

The first morning I went down to Core restaurant and quite honestly I've never experienced a higher level of service. It was almost as if when I thought "oh, I I might need more coffee in..." and someone would appear ready to refill my cup. Everyone was cordial, it didn't seemed like a programmed "greet the guest like..." You could tell there was/is a culture of making all guests feel like they are the #1 priority.

The golf course was immaculate. I'm sure it helps that we were there a week after the pros had a tournament... but still. It was the most difficult course I've played, but equally as beautiful. Even when I did sent my ball sailing into cacti, I had to stop and pause at the beauty of my surroundings.

Our room was nothing short of amazing. Gorgeous view of nature(which I'll try and figure out how to upload from my phone). The bed was luxurious and felt like I was a baby sleeping in my mother's arms. Nice and steamy shower with plenty of room to stretch out. It was great sitting on the balcony reading the paper and having my morning coffee.

All in all, this was THE most relaxing and accommodating place I've been in a long while. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Carrington, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

The resort, spa and golf course are very impressive. The staff is always willing to help with anything you need or want. The staff at the spa go above and beyond to make your time there extra relaxing. I would highly recommend this resort if you are looking for a relaxing vacation away from it all.

Room Tip: Our room was located on the 4th floor overlooking the pool. Great view of the mountains and resort.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lips123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marana
Arizona Inn
Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort
Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa
JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain? Share your experiences!