The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain
US$276
US$256
US$124
ComfortInn
La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$125
Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$57
Best Western Gold Poppy Inn(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$58
US$54
1,514 results
All reviewsgolf coursespa poolflute playerhiking trailspool staffcore restaurantlower poolranger stationkids poolfour seasonsmain restaurantself parksaguaro cactusbeautiful propertyplay golfresort feepool side
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I had never spent much time in the desert. I was initially disappointed when my room faced nothing but the back mountain. Dry, cactus..nothing..or so I thought. Imagine my surprise when I sat there on my balcony, quietly watching...and then the bunnies hopped by. The wood pecker mommy flew by to feed her babies in the Saguaro cactus holes; the road runner ran around the sidewalks; I could see little critters all over the place! I started noticing all the wildlife noises. A fabulous combination of peace and entertainment. Birds, firepits, flute music at sunset, waterslides, geocaching. This is a fantastic hotel! Even the food options are reasonably priced...for a Ritz! And easy access to the bottom of the mountain and inexpensive restaurants.
The best thing about this hotel is that the swimming pools have so many shallow areas, this would be a great hotel for a family. Besides the water slide, there is a fountain shooting out of the cement to play in. Love it. Lounge chairs in the water. Slightly obnoxious music playing around the pool, but doesn't matter.
The staff could have been more attentive; it is rough on the pool guys to also be waiters at the pool restaurant Turquesa....but they look so good in their white shorts and turquoise shirts!
Find Ranger Rick and pet the albino snake, Lollipop.
DO NOT SKIP DRIVING OVER TO KITT PEAK OBSERVATORY!!!!! This is the largest collection of optical telescopes in the world. The evening program is worth double the cost...the guides...Geronimo, Blythe, etc, are fantastic. Rent a car and go!!!! two hour drive and worth it!
Back to the hotel. Typical Ritz rooms, beds, linens, toiletries.
Of all the Ritzs I've been to, this is one I will make sure to visit again...along with all my grandkids. Thank you, Ritz Carlton, for the surprise. Who knew!

Room Tip: Doesn't matter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Pamela1354
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Ritz Carlton Dove Mountain is located in the northern Tucson metro area. It is an isolated property that backs up to a canyon and is very private and secluded. At first you might wonder why Ritz Carlton would build a hotel there, but once you spend a few nights at the property, you will understand why: the serenity, privacy, peace and quiet, coupled with first class accommodations, food and service are the perfect setting to unwind and relax. The sky gets so dark you can literally see thousands of stars at night. Compared to JW Marriott Starr Pass, Westin La Paloma, Loews Ventana Canyon, Westward Look, and El Conquistador, this is by far the best resort (and the most expensive, too). Tip: book your flight into Phoenix and then rent a car, drive from Sky Harbor to the hotel. The flights are cheaper and there are more options. It will take about 1 1/2 hours to reach the hotel from Sky Harbor.

Room Tip: Try to book a casita at the back of the property. Very private and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Steven C
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This is a wonderful hotel with the best service I have experienced. It has several excellent restaurants and room service. Many small details have been addressed in this southwest theme hotel. For example, elevators arrive in less than one minute, you are greeted at the pool with a huge soft towel and a glass of ice water. If you order french toast in the morning the little jar of syrup has been warmed for you. Rooms are large and beautifully decorated. Golf course is difficult and challenging but spectacular in a remote desert with no houses on the course.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2012

It was my husband's 45th Birthday and we enjoyed a wonderful weekend at the Ritz-Carlton. It was amazing! The property is beautiful and fits perfectly into the surrounding desert. Our room was on the first floor, looking towards the pool and we enjoyed our patio so much. We watched the sunset against the mountains while listening to the "Sunset Celebration" which was amazing. We had drinks, played bocce ball, threw horse shoes, enjoyed a dip in the pool after dark, and then had fantastic room service for a late dinner.

The room was great - comfy bed with lots of soft pillows, the bathroom was awesome - deep tub, rain showerhead, and huge. We felt like we had so much privacy. The next morning we enjoyed the near-perfect Sunday Bruch. Wow!!! It was beautiful and so yummy. We spent some more time at the pool and even the Desert Ranger that the hotel employs made my husband an arrow-head during a flint napping demonstration. We still had time for a little nap before checking out. The hotel was able to accommodate both a early check-in and a late check-out giving us almost a full 24 hours of pampering. We came home so relaxed and happy!

We didn't use the spa this time but I've gone to the Ritz-Carlton spa in the past and it's a wonderful spa with a private pool and cabanas, a ladies area, man's area as well as a joined areas for both. A great way to spend the day. We had such a great time we want to go back for our anniversary in August but might have to drop in with our daughter before that! There were so many more things to do, from taking out the hotel bikes, a yoga or cardio class, feeding the desert tortoises and even a mixology drink class that we didn't get to do. But we did what was most important - we reconnected as a couple and truly enjoyed being relaxed together. Thank you Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain for a great weekend!

Room Tip: Tell the front desk what you are looking for - you want quiet, or a feeling of privacy, or easy access to the pool, or perhaps you want a great view. They will do their best to give you the perfect room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Just came back from celebrating our 20th anniversary at the Ritz Carlton in Marana. I had read some not so good reviews and did not know what to expect. Well, I have no idea what those others were thinking, I could not find one thing wrong and everything else was better than right.
Get a canyon room, the view from your balcony is amazing, and it is worth the upgrade. The rooms are decorated beautifully, kind of western/asian, if that is a style.
We played golf on Tortolito and Saguaro, which is what I think the pro's play for the match play. You have to be able to carry washes, it's very challenging but lots of fun. We wanted to eat at Cayton's at the golf course but you needed reservations so we just ate at Ignite in lobby.They had a cowboy singing all the western hits by the fire. I had a sage brush cocktail and the buffalo tacos which were melt-in -your-mouth amazing!! They have a telescope there to view the moon too. The heated salt water pool at the spa just seems to melt all your troubles away. I could go on and on. So much to do. I'm not a hiker but they have a wonderful paved walk around the pool pavillions, and the pools are open 24 hours too.
The best part was the staff, many of them took the time just to have a conversation and make sure I was completely taken care of. Very impressed with the service. In so many ways it's about the details and they do try to give you the attention.
Was it pricey, sure, it's the Ritz, was it worth it? Definately, we are going back for sure.

Room Tip: The canyon room is worth the price of the upgrade and make sure you make your dinner reservations early.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple