“WOW!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Marana
Boston
“WOW!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at the Ritz in June for a long weekend. It was very hot at the time (108F the day we arrived). But it didn't stop us from getting out for a 2 hr guided hillside hike through the saguaro, prickly pear, cholla and ironwood trees. Ranger Rick, our guide supplied by the hotel, was AMAZING. He picked ripe saguaro fruit for us to eat, and tried to coax a tarantula out of it's hole for us to see (due to the heat, we didn't see a lot of wildlife, except lizards and birds). This was the highlight of our trip. His enthusiasm for the flora and fauna was contagious, and we barely noticed the heat as we learned about things we were seeing. In the afternoon we enjoyed the main pool, where Joel made sure we had plenty of cold water and shade. Staff came around to tempt us with little tasty treats (frozen pineapple cubes, frozen ice cream cubes, a shot glass sized frozen margarita...) We also spent one day in a cabana at the spa pool, which was serene and relaxing. Overall, the staff at this hotel are very well trained and we felt they enjoyed their jobs and were happy to attend to us. We dined at all of the restaurants. Our favorite was Cayton's on the golf course -- you'll enjoy watching a fantastic sunset from here if you book your table at the right time. Order the Sonoran burger -- you won't be sorry. We ate breakfast at Core, and it was a fairly typical Ritz buffet breakfast with many options. Dinner at Core didn't live up to expectations -- portions were small and left us wanting more. Dinner at Ignite was delicious and the outdoor seating lovely. The hotel itself is a cavernous dark design, with the focus being on the outdoor spaces while providing shelter from the sun. Our room was very quiet, well appointed, and the bathroom HUGE and modern. Our balcony faced the pool which allowed us to sit out there and enjoy the evening Native American flute solo on the hill. The hotel staff really impressed us by presenting us with a surprise gift to celebrate our special occasion: chocolate covered strawberries, sparkling bottled waters, a bottle of red wine. All we can say is WOW, they really know how to do it right! We wish this hotel was closer to where we live. It is a little gem in the Tucson desert.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GranolaGal
Liam D, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Just a note to thank you for your wonderful post regarding your recent visit to The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain. All of our Ladies and Gentlemen have the passion to create memorable experiences for our guests but after spending two hours with Ranger Rick, his love for the outdoors is indeed contagious and the wonderful way he shares his knowledge and expertise with our guests is truly inspiring even when the temperatures are over 100 degrees.

Joel is another exemplary associate who is always going above and beyond to ensure the expressed and unexpressed wishes of our guests are exceeded.

Thank you again for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back to Dove Mountain in the near future.

Kind regards,

Liam Doyle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
Montreal
Reviewed 12 June 2014

First stay at a Ritz. I was expecting good service. What I got was crazy excellent service, WAY beyond my expectations. I was and still am floored by the quality of service the Ritz Dove Mountain gave my husband and I. We stayed a week, and by the second day, people knew my name (How are you Mrs…?), my itinerary (How was your hike this morning Mrs…?), my preferred drink (Would you like your G&T done like last night Mr…?) and it goes on. By the end of the week I was looking through their brochures to find out where I should go next! I'm sold; I'll be back at a Ritz Carlton. I especially liked all the activities you could do; the Jeep tour, the sunset walk and the amazing star-gazing experience. We tried it all. Finally the buffalo tacos were to die for (chipotle sauce, maple-syrup); I'm still waiting for the recipe that was supposed to be emailed to me…

Room Tip: You may not want to stay on ground level; the desert has all sorts of interesting creatures.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gennieb
Liam D, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guests,

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you and all of our recent guests who have taken the time to share their wonderful comments on TripAdvisor about The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain.

As General Manager, I am so proud and appreciative of our Ladies and Gentlemen who come to work every day and share their passion to create memorable and personalized experiences for our guests.

To our guests who have stayed with us, thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain, thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.. To those guests considering a visit to The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain, we have much to offer and would welcome the opportunity be your hosts whether on vacation or business.

With kind regards,

Liam Doyle
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Beautiful place with excellent service. WOW!!! really can't ask for anything else to make a long story short. The staff was extremely friendly. The location is really nice. Can see beautiful mountains when stepping onto the patio....I would go back there again if i could..

Room Tip: very clean place with UNBELIEVABLE scenery outside..
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Copenhagen Denmark
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I went here on a staycation and loved every minute of our time here! We knew the resort was beautiful, and we were confident we'd get exceptional service. As high as our expectations were, we were still blown away at how amazing we were treated! At lunch, Alice went out of her way to make sure we were happy with everything we ate and drank. When relaxing by the pool, Edgar did a great job of making sure we were having a great time (which we did!). The manager, Richard G. went above and beyond to make sure we had not only a great experience, but the memories to carry home with us when we checked out. We will DEFINITELY be back for another staycation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bi-Coastal
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We booked this as a stop over on the way to El Paso. The hotel was quiet as it was mid-week. The room was comfortable, the bathroom was huge! The lighting in the bathroom is not condusive to a woman wanting to put on make up. The bed was very comfortable and in true Ritz fashion, the staff was top knotch! The waterslide at the pool is a must do, even if your a senior citizen. It is off the beaten path, but that's what makes it such a hidden gem.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We just spent 3 nights at the Ritz at Dove Mountain and it was incredible. Beautiful grounds and setting. Impeccable service,, the staff are so friendly and always anticipating every need you might have. The pools are very nice and clean. And great pool bar and restaurant !! I used the spa and the massage I had from Michelle was the BEST ever !! The food is top notch !! The main restaurant has seating inside and outside . We had the pleasure of being served by Amy for breakfasts. What a fine young lady and she was so observant of our needs as I have a gluten intolerance and she offered many options for me . She is a perfect example of a Ritz employee,, gracious and impeccable service!! So I am no a Ritz customer for life and can't wait to return to watch those spectacular sunsets !!

• Stayed May 2014
USA
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I found this Ritz property to be fabulous and precisely as it promotes itself. It is a location focused on relaxation, natural beauty, and recreation rather that other locations that are designed to have more of an opulent, metropolitan feel. That being said, the facility was beautifully designed with an open air lobby and plenty of outdoor dining areas. The staff, room/bathroom quality, food quality, and level of amenities were all what I would expect from a Ritz property. Due to its rather remote location, I was relieved at the variety of dining options and never found need to leave the property. The poolside staff was excellent; anticipating our needs before we could even ask. My stay was apparently during a brief lull between busy periods, but the staff was plentiful and everyone encountered was as helpful as they were delightful. This vacation was a Girls' Getaway experience, but I would definitely return with my children as the kid friendly activities and amenities would make for a great quick getaway with them. Overall, a very pleasant, relaxing experience!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marana
White Stallion Ranch
JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa
Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa
Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain? Share your experiences!