We stayed at the Ritz in June for a long weekend. It was very hot at the time (108F the day we arrived). But it didn't stop us from getting out for a 2 hr guided hillside hike through the saguaro, prickly pear, cholla and ironwood trees. Ranger Rick, our guide supplied by the hotel, was AMAZING. He picked ripe saguaro fruit for us to eat, and tried to coax a tarantula out of it's hole for us to see (due to the heat, we didn't see a lot of wildlife, except lizards and birds). This was the highlight of our trip. His enthusiasm for the flora and fauna was contagious, and we barely noticed the heat as we learned about things we were seeing. In the afternoon we enjoyed the main pool, where Joel made sure we had plenty of cold water and shade. Staff came around to tempt us with little tasty treats (frozen pineapple cubes, frozen ice cream cubes, a shot glass sized frozen margarita...) We also spent one day in a cabana at the spa pool, which was serene and relaxing. Overall, the staff at this hotel are very well trained and we felt they enjoyed their jobs and were happy to attend to us. We dined at all of the restaurants. Our favorite was Cayton's on the golf course -- you'll enjoy watching a fantastic sunset from here if you book your table at the right time. Order the Sonoran burger -- you won't be sorry. We ate breakfast at Core, and it was a fairly typical Ritz buffet breakfast with many options. Dinner at Core didn't live up to expectations -- portions were small and left us wanting more. Dinner at Ignite was delicious and the outdoor seating lovely. The hotel itself is a cavernous dark design, with the focus being on the outdoor spaces while providing shelter from the sun. Our room was very quiet, well appointed, and the bathroom HUGE and modern. Our balcony faced the pool which allowed us to sit out there and enjoy the evening Native American flute solo on the hill. The hotel staff really impressed us by presenting us with a surprise gift to celebrate our special occasion: chocolate covered strawberries, sparkling bottled waters, a bottle of red wine. All we can say is WOW, they really know how to do it right! We wish this hotel was closer to where we live. It is a little gem in the Tucson desert.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain is Tucson's finest luxury resort, nestled in the high Sonoran Desert against the Tortolita Mountains. Featuring a destination spa, adventure programs that can restore your soul, world class hiking, Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf, indoor and outdoor dining including True American Cuisine at CORE Kitchen and Wine Bar, and richly appointed accommodations in a striking canyon setting, this resort is a place where adventure and a gracious spirit come to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Marriott, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain Hotel Marana
- The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain Marana, Arizona