“Beautiful location and Incredible Customer Service!!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Marana
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here for a week back in April with my husband on a business/vacation trip. We have stayed at several Ritz Carlton's and this surpassed all of them in regards to the level of customer service they provide. The hotel itself is rather secluded but the setting and overall layout is spectacular. If you are an outdoor person, there are so many things to do from golf to hiking to hot air ballooning (we did them all!). The staff at the pool are the most attentive I have ever experienced (but not intrusive). Everyone we encountered throughout the hotel went out of their way to make sure everything we needed was taken care of. The restaurants are excellent although you are slightly limited in terms of the number of placed to eat. The spa is wonderful and there is a great workout area as well with a good variety of classes available. All in all, we loved this resort. The only downside (if there is one) is that you really need to rent a car if you want to explore the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool or mountains. (There are rooms that do face the entrance/parking lot...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,467)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Well done Ritz Carlton!!!! What a lovely property...just stunning!
From the Lobby to the rooms to the pool and restaurants...everything was perfect!
Best jewel of all is the amazing staff. I love the desert and they have preserved the
natural setting beautifully. Best in Tucson by far...and I have stayed in many of them.
I was enchanted!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Met with the family for a fourth of July weekend, from the time we checked in to the time we left the service was impeccable. I have stayed at many hotels from three star to five star and I can truly say this is the best experience I have encounter. If you vacation in the Tucson area you must give this resort a try, you won't be sorry..

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My wife and I met some of our friends at the Ritz for dinner and decided to stay the night due to the great summer rates. All I can say is "Wow." I have stayed at all the other resorts in Tucson and this is by far the nicest. We had dinner and breakfast at Core restaurant (on the premises) and it was superb both times. The staff were very accommodating and brought out a nice treat during our dinner as we were celebrating a special occasion. The grounds, the room and the spa were impeccable. My wife invited her mother to come over and spend the day at the spa just to share the experience. My only complaint is all the fees; parking, valet, resort etc. Room rates should include all these items for hotels at this level. All in all, an outstanding experience and we will be returning.

Room Tip: I prefer the mountain/canyon views to the city views. Rooms near the pool (which is beautiful) may b...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very enjoyable weekend at Dove Mountain. Absolutely could not fault the whole resort. Rooms were very spacious, comfortable and modern. Lovely bathrooms. Food was excellent. Service first class. Special thanks to Nick, think he was the duty manager, he was always in the front lobby greeting guests - very personable and professional guy. Hope to return one day!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the resort for 5 nights in late-May. We enjoyed a Premier Suite with over 1300 square feet of living space and 1.5 baths. From the moment we pulled our car up to valet, we experienced Ritz service. The entire staff always asked if there was anything else they could do for us and were super friendly and remembered our names and what we liked (e.g., a bottle of cold water with the car at valet. Our room looked out on the Mountains south. Our room sat at the apex on the 4th floor of the south wing of the hotel and the middle balcony offered shade throughout the day. It was a mistake leaving the sliding glass door open one night not for the noise because it was very quiet but for the cigarette smoke that got sucked in from a neighbors balcony. The living area featured a sofa as well as dining room table for 6 and a half-bathroom. We had a very comfortable king sized-bed, a huge walk-in closet and marble finished bathroom with separate toilet, shower, and soaking tub. We enjoyed morning swims around 7 when we had the pool area all to ourselves. There is an upper and lower pool the latter including a large water slide . Without kids we spent our time at the upper pool. We would have liked of the upper pool was restricted to adults because on the weekend it became loud and busy. Overall, we loved our stay here and hope to visit again. My wife went to spa and said it was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Westpo
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I am a very loyal Ritz Carlton customer and typically stay 5-7 nights per year at different Ritz Carltons around the world.
Pros :
1. Fantastic Service - I was greeted at check in with a hug and complimentary room upgrade. Poolside service is top notch as well. Hands down, the best poolside service I have ever had.
2. Beautiful Property - The surrounding area is beautiful and pool area is gorgeous.
3. Rooms - Very large and luxurious.
4. Restaurants - Pool food, Ignite and Core are all delicious!
Cons :
1. The only real con to this place is the hideous lobby. I mean hideous. Most Ritz Carltons I have stayed at have fresh flowers adorning the hallways, large crystal chandeliers and elegant furniture. I understand that this place may want to have a "southwest" or "rustic" flair to it's lobby, but for a Ritz, the entrance/lobby area leaves one VERY underwhelmed at first impression.

Room Tip: The suites are worth the extra money. They have lots of extra room, two balconies and many upgraded...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Matthew M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marana
White Stallion Ranch
Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa
10 mi away
El Conquistador Tucson, a Hilton Resort

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain? Share your experiences!