“Cash only Sundays. Really?”
Review of Nicos Mexican Food

Nicos Mexican Food
Ranked #18 of 50 Restaurants in Marana
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

So they decided to make a new rule of cash only Sundays and when we tried to pay for our $12 bill with a $20 bill they said they didn't have change. So they don't accept debit/credit cards on Sunday and can't break a $20 bill. Where is the sense in that? Normally the food is good but the service is usually awful. Can't tell you how the food was tonight because we didn't get any because they were not accepting our money.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

A local utility worker clued me about this place and when I walked in, I knew I was at a Southwest doppelganger of bbq joints scattered in small towns from KC to Texas.
The façade and Formica tables, menu behind the counter, and fill-your-own soda fountain tucked in the corner were all familiar. A closer look at the menu board showed me that I was not just in any taco joint. Chile Relleno tacos, the choices of combo plates, and authentic sides were all a strong sign of good things to come. This is not your little brother’s Taco Bell.
There is no silverware here- plastic spoon and paper wraps are what you get, so load up on the napkins. The green chili sauce comes in a squeeze bottle and one must give some thought to applying just the right amount so as not to overwhelm the paper wrapping. (A hint: multiple, albeit smaller, applications).
This is a place where good food comes served with helpful folks behind the counter and little else. But if you are on the road, a long way from burnt ends, this place fits the bill.