“A great, inexpensive option in Buenos Aires”
Review of Cordoba 860

and 1 more site!
Cordoba 860
Ranked #279 of 446 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Los Angeles, California
“A great, inexpensive option in Buenos Aires”
Reviewed 1 February 2009

From the street, the hotel looked a little bit scary (old exterior, seedy lobby which actually belonged to the other hotel in the same building--the Cordoba 860 lobby is upstairs) and if I had not prepaid the reservation I probably would have looked elsewhere. But once inside, the place was so nice and accomodating it was a great deal for the price. Our room (a "studio") was small, but nice and newly renovated. The hotel is centrally located in the Microcentro area of town, near a lot of popular tourist destinations. Best of all was the staff, who went out of their way to be as helpful as possible. Example: when I got to the room, I realized I didn't have an adapter to use the Argentine electrical outlets. I called the front desk and barely had finished telling them the problem before they responded, "We will be right there." A minute later, the clerk was at my door with a free adapter for my use.

• Stayed January 2009
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Vancouver BC
Reviewed 30 November 2008

My dad had visited BA as a young merchant seaman and always wanted to go back. Now both in their 70's, I travelled there with my parents for 11 nights.

My travel agent had told me about this property, but was not able to book us a room through her wholesaler. I contacted the hotel by email and was able to get a better rate on a larger room. We had the 'Grand Suite' which was a one-bedroom apartment style room. My folks had a double bed in the bedroom, and I had a single bed in the living room, which doubled as the sofa to watch tv. It was a proper bed however, not a pullout sofabed, and was very comfortable for me for the entire stay. I believe it also functioned as a trundle bed so if you had two kids they could be accomodated there comfortably. We had a small kitchen with fridge, coffeemaker, microwave and sink which was useful. The rooms are not really soundproofed, plus they have wood floors so we did occasionally hear people walking upstairs. We didn't really hear any voice sounds or tv though there are a lot of night time creaks in the building!

They provided breakfast everyday, you just had to phone the reception desk and someone came up with cartons of orange juice and a basket of medialunas and rolls with butter, jam and dulce de leche. The housekeeping came every day to make the beds, change the towels and sweep the floors.

The location on Cordoba was very quiet as this hotel occupies the back half of the building. The front half of the building is the Embassy Apart Hotel which are older suites. The entrance to the hotel is shared with the Embassy Apart Hotel, which also has the most obvious sign over the sidewalk. The two hotels share the elevators, stairs and have half the rooms on each floor. It was a little confusing initially but worked out just fine. The elevators are very small - only three good friends could fit in one at a time! If you are on a lower floor, the stairs are the way to go as it can take a while to wait for an elevator. We were on the 4th floor and I used the stairs all the time. They had an internet kiosk in the reception area which was free of charge and available 24 hours.

The front desk staff all spoke English and were very helpful in all cases. This was a very nice place to stay for our trip. The rooms were modern and clean, the location was central and the staff were great. All this for $125 US a night couldn't be beat.

• Liked — Price and location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank Vancouver_girl
La Jolla, CA
Reviewed 1 May 2008

Staid at this hotel during a recent visit to Buenos Aires and found it to be a great value for the money ($105 + tax a night). It was a little hard to find when we first arrived at the address...turns out it shares an entrance with another hotel (Embassy Suites). The rooms were recently renovated and converted into stylish modern lofts with a kitchen, fridge, flat screen TV, and a bar table with stools. Management was warm and friendly and the location very convenient (just blocks away from Florida St, 9 de Julio Ave, and other major attractions). I would recommend it to anyone traveling for business or leisure and looking for a midrange or budget hotel. Book in advance, though...the place seemed to be full the entire week.

• Stayed December 2007