“excellent hotel”

Ranked #2 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Munich, Germany
“excellent hotel”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We stayed at the Miravida for a total of five nights. Two nights in the suite which was very spacious and lovely and three more nights in the courtyard room 6, which is a little on the small side but very well appointed. it also has a nice balcony facing the courtyard. Breakfasts are outstanding - especially after traveling around for two weeks and staying in different hotels throughout the country we couldn't wait to come back to the Miravida for their homemade granola or the poached eggs (on spinach and roasted tomatoes). The wine bar makes for an excellent place to start your evening and chat with other guests. Staff absolutely amazing - we received so much help and advice - great. A beautiful place, can highly recommend.

Room Tip: Room 6 is lovely with the balcony, room 4, the suite, is spacy and comfortable
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
NJ
Reviewed 3 November 2011

My husband and I completed our honeymoon at the Miravida Soho and left feeling relaxed and wonderful. The decor is beautiful and we really enjoyed speaking with Frauke and Cornel and the rest of the staff. A major highlight was learning about Argentine wines and meeting other guests at the wine tasting hosted by Davin. The backyard courtyard is perfect for lounging during a sunny afternoon. The breakfast is hot and tasty. The location is within walking distance of the best spots in Palermo and near the subway. We loved it at the Miravida Soho.

Room Tip: Our room was cosy and clean. Our only comments were that a noisy vent automatically turned on after...
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Our stay at this boutique hotel (6 bedrooms) was a pleasure from beginning to end. What sets it apart from other hotels in the area? The 'hands on' involvement of the owners, the helpfulness of the staff, the room decor and last but not least the scrumptious breakfasts.

The hotel is very well located (in trendy Palermo Soho & within walking distance of the underground). The rooms are fabulous (high ceilings, walnut floors, good quality bed linen & spacious bathroom). The breakfasts were the best we had during our four weeks traveling in Sth America (french toast with maple syrup & fruit...divine). The staff were very well selected - warm, helpful & mature (special thanks to Corina for her work). The owners, Cornel & Frauke, go to great lengths to make your stay here a home from home and deservedly earn 10/10 from me.

Just one suggestion, full length mirrors in the rooms please?!

Room Tip: Request a room to the rear of the hotel.
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed 30 October 2011

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the Miravida before flying north for a bicycling trip near Salta. This is a small, intimate hotel in the trendy Palermo district. Frauke and Cornel, the owners, treat you more like family than guests. It's situated on a quiet street just minutes from exciting shops and restaurants. The staff was very helpful in making restaurant suggestions and in arranging tour reservations and cabs. Rooms are small but nicely appointed. Great breakfasts and wine selections as well...We returned from our bike trip and were excited to share with our new friends Frauke and Cornel our adventures and photos!

london
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I can only reiterate all the positive comments by previous guests. Frauke and all of her staff were the kindest and most helpful my family and I have ever encountered. The cleanliness and elegance of the rooms can not be faulted - admittedly small but very adequate (Courtyard 2 & 3 ), beds big and v comfortable. Set on a quiet street in Palermo - an attractive part of Buenos AIres. Easy short walk to get onto subway ride to the centre and elsewhere. Plenty of good bars and restaurants in easy walking distance too. I always try to avoid large hotels wherever possible, and hope for a more personal touch. New to Argentina and without the lanuguage skills, we were so grateful for the English spoken, the taxis ordered, the directions and maps and advice given and great breakfasts to set us up each day - all dispensed with smiles.
Thank you - we shall return (and expect to have to book very well in advance).
Deborah & Roy Bailey
Wimbledon
London

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 21 October 2011

We have just moved from Sydney to Buenos Aires with an unplanned stopover in Cordoba for 3 months while my employer was sorting out Work permits etc. While hanging around in Cordoba I had a call from an old friend who was on business in Bolivia and would make the effort to be in Buenos Aires for a weekend if we could manage to join him . He was flying in from Bolivia so I thought it was only polite that we could make it from Cordoba !
I immediately got online and started searching to find a place to stay. I'm a frequent visitor to trip Advisor and therefore that was my first stop . I couldn’t help noticing the Miravida Soho. I'm not a fan of big hotels ( too many business trips in soulless chain hotels ) and therefore this small house with only 6 rooms was the choice for me , especially after I noticed they have an in house wine bar !

I wrote back and forward with Cornel (The owner) and he was extremely helpful and explained everything I needed to know to make our booking . I was amazed at how quickly he responded , this is not normal in Argentina ;). Saying that, I have later found out this is due to German efficiency ! We ended up booking a suite and stayed there for 4 nights , 2 with our friend and 2 by ourselves . My wife and I and our 4 week old baby. Cornel and his wife Frauke made their selves known and were extremely kind ,we felt like we were part of the family. The Miravida does tend to force the home feeling upon you . We sat many an evening in the sofa area at reception sipping on some lovely wines that were chosen by the Miravida staff. Most of the wines are from smaller vineyards around Argentina, most likely you wouldn’t come across them otherwise, so an added bonus for me.

As we sat one day , I was explaining our moving situation to Frauke and the fact that we still had 1 week left before we could move to the company apartment. She spoke to Cornel and they immediately came up with a plan to solve our problems . We stayed for another 6 nights in loft rooms 5 and 6 and enjoyed every minute of our stay.
From check in to check out I couldn’t find a fault, even with the breakfast, it was perfect ! . The hotel is exactly as it is on the web page and the owners and staff are very rare to find. If you can get a booking here then don´t hesitate to think it over ....

Kevin , Laura and Karen

Room Tip: We stayed in the suite and loft rooms 5 & 6. 5 and 6 are facing the courtyard and away from the...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Between New York and Philly
Reviewed 19 October 2011

My wife and I spent 3 delightful nights at the Miravida, a marvelous little hotel in the heart of Palermo Soho. A great location and an oasis of calm and sophistication in a bustling city, we enjoyed every minute of our stay, from the coziness of our room to the delicious breakfasts and wonderful wine selection in the wine bar to the warmth and helpfulness of the staff. Great tips on what to see and fabulous restaurant recommendations from owner Frauke (Don Julio for steaks and Social Paraiso for nouvelle cusine are musts!). Thank you, thank you. We'll be back!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple