“The place to be !”

Miravida Soho Hotel & Wine Bar
Ranked #4 of 442 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 16 November 2013

A very nice small hotel, only 6 rooms, but very well kept. The owners are at your service in a very large sence! They will help you with everything you need and give you very good advice and information about all you need to know to make your stay in this very nice and quiet neigbourhood the best ever. if we ever have the opportunity to go back to Buenos Aires, we will not even look at another place to stay, de just go ther again .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,045)

Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

We were fortunate enough to spend an entire week at Hotel Mira Vida and it was exceptional. The facility itself was meticulously renovated with great care given to every element and finish. The overall feeling is one of comfort and charm. From reception, to the breakfast and wine area, to the room - all areas are equally enjoyable. The location is excellently suited to both site seeing and shopping and of course dining. But with all the accolades for the hotel and the location, the highlight is the staff. Each of the staff made us feel very special and welcomed. From Jim, who was responsible for the initial renovation, to Felipé and Julie who cared for us every morning at breakfast, to Christie who imparted much wisdom regarding wine and wine pairings at her wine tasting - not to be missed if your lucky enough to have one scheduled during your stay. Roberto and Lucas were there to answer any questions during the late evening hours. It felt like leaving friends when we had to go. We are looking forward to a return visit sometime - hopefully soon!

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I travelled to BA by myself in October and found the Miravida Soho to be exactly the hotel I was looking for.

The location is great for many reasons and is close enough to some great restaurants and neighbourhoods, but it is also tucked away from the noisy streets. I walked most places but also used the subway, which I found to be quite efficient and very cheap.

The wines were great and different from what I usually experience and the wine tasting night was one of the most enjoyable nights of my stay.

Whatmakes this small hotel unique, though, are the staff. Everyone I met was delightful company and very helpful. As a solo traveller it made a huge difference and if I had one regret, it is that I didn't draw on their experience more often.

There are a few very minor flaws with the rooms but at no time did they affect the overall experience.

I would recommend the hotel to singles and couples and recommend that other hotels send their staff to Miravida Soho to see how it should be done.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Danielle P
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We cannot wait to return to BA to stay at this hotel. The staff was fantastic, we hated to leave. Felt like we were family! My husband and I stayed five nights and were totally comfortable in the suite (rm #1). We looked forward to our breakfasts each morning (which were delicious!), mingling with the other guests and setting out in the totally safe neighborhood that the hotel is located in. If we had any questions or concerns Nadia or Phillipe were quick to answer, they had lots of great recommendations. We could get taxis quickly or walk a few minutes to the subway. There were plenty of excellent restaurants and shops in the neighborhood. One of the evenings the staff had a wine tasting, which included delicious Argentine wines, empanadas and a cheese platter. Quite nice. Just an all around good choice in a great city!

Room Tip: While our room (#1) was lovely, we did hear a bit of street noise, but not much. I would pick this r...
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Miravida is a boutique hotel located in Palermo soho. The area is very safe and easy to walk around, access to lots of great restaurants in walking distance, and we found it easy to get taxis outside the restaurant.

Now that being said, we really enjoyed this place. It feels "homey" crossed with a modern W hotel design aesthetic. We were in room 2 which doesn't have a terrace, but it does have a little balcony, great doors, and a chair which I opened and enjoyed a glass of wine and used my computer. This room is internal to the courtyard, so it was really nice and quiet. It's not a huge expansive room, but I found it just right.

The breakfast was great. This was the only hotel that had eggs included in the price, so I had fantastic poached eggs and country potatoes with lattes each morning. Perfection.
In the evenings, we found ourselves downstairs chatting with other guests or the staff sampling tasty wines.

Now to the best part, the staff. Each person we encountered was lovely. Felipe was the master navigator and helped us get oriented to the city. Gabriel was a gem who worked at the wine bar in the evenings and was genuinely fun to chat with. Jim, the Canadian owner, was also very helpful and shares his experiences of being an expat in Argentina, which gives fascinating insight to the country.

Overall, a wonderful place that I will recommend to family and friends and I will stay again if I go back to Argentina.

2  Thank cdrennan
Reviewed 29 October 2013

When you get right down to it, the most important thing about a hotel is the staff. The staff here was among the most knowledgable and helpful we have ever encountered. We never would have learned as much about BA or done as much without their advice. Yes, the hotel is charming. The breakfasts are good. And it's in a lovely area. But when you get right down it, it's the staff that makes this place special.

Room Tip: The Terrace room and the Suite are the two nicest.
Reviewed 28 October 2013

LOVED my experience. I am going to try to go back in a few months.

Service, wine, ambiance, coziness, laughs, new friends, amazing, awesome owner Frauke. I spent hours in the wine bar with fellow guests and felt like I was at my own dinner party. This awesome feeling of being around worldly travelers, lovely wines, cheeses, beautiful setting, staff who care - the co-mingling of all of those great variables. I can't really explain what makes this place so special, but I'll let you experience. For me, the experience I had each night was what I will always treasure, and it is why I love Miravida Soho. I was in a suite and thought it was lovely, and the bed was peaceful. The breakfast was included in the rate and was good.

I will not need to look anywhere else upon my next trip to BA. Can't wait!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo