“My Favorite Stay Anywhere”

Miravida Soho Hotel & Wine Bar
Ranked #2 of 445 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Istanbul, Turkey
“My Favorite Stay Anywhere”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

With six rooms and a truly caring "family", the Mira Vida has become my favorite hotel in the world. I stayed 5 nights and even before I arrived, I was sent helpful hints about what to do and see while in Buenos Aires. The owner, Frauke along with Nadia, Felipe and Pamela were always available for help about food and sights. I had a truly informative wine tasting and pairing with Christie; another night, I had a great time talking with Gabriel and other guests. I cannot say enough except that the Mira Vida is one reason I will return to Buenos Aires.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights in January 2014.
Could not praise this terrific hotel enough.
Staff were amazingly helpful, friendly and obliging.
Great location, close to restaurants and shopping in Palermo Soho. Would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Loft room was excellent-had a lovely patio.

Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed 4 February 2014

After a harrowing experience in Uruguay my husband and I arrived at this wonderful hotel looking forward to a calm and relaxing evening before travelling home.All of our travel documents had beed stolen and I was relying on my memory for the name of the hotel we had reserved in B.A. Unfortunately, my memory isn't as good as I thought it to be and we arrived only to find out that we did not have a reservation . The owner and staff kindly listened to our tale of adventure and tried to assist us in finding the hotel we were meant to stay at but to no avail. As luck would have it, during our conversation a room became available and we were able spend an enchanting evening at Mira Vida.
It is difficult to find an oasis of calmness and tranquilty in most big cities. Mira Vida offers just that. Frauke (the owner ) and her staff are so warm and welcoming that you feel you have simply arrived at friend's home. The hotel is wonderfully decorated and has the most inviting garden in which you can sit and sip wine (the hotel has an amzing little wine bar). In the morning you can enjoy a 5 star breakfast outside or in the quaint resaurant. Our room was beautifully furnished with high quality linens with a view of the interior garden and very quiet.
Frauke helped us with dinner reservations and we truly enjoyed a sumptous dinner as a result.
We will return to BA and most definetly will stay at the Mira Vida.
I would like to thank Frauke, Nadia , Gabriel and all of the other staff for making our stay in BA so wonderful!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at Miravida Soho on our honeymoon. What a great experience it was! The hotel itself is an old building with lots of historic charm - sturdy dark wood staircases and original paneling. The staff is friendly and helpful, giving advice about Buenos Aires and making reservations for local dinners and outings when we needed. We also did a private wine tasting in their wine bar, and learned a lot from our instructor Christina. The room was spacious (we stayed in loft #6) and had a nice view over the back courtyard. The neighborhood was an added bonus, walking around Palermo provided lots of opportunities for shopping, dining, drinking, seeing the colorful culture of Buenos Aires, and nightlife. Staying here gets you much closer to the pulse of the city than staying downtown or in Recoleta. We loved chatting with Felipe and the gang at Miravida...they took great care of us. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We loved Loft #6 - high ceilings and airy feel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at Miravida Soho for four days that spanned the New Year's holiday season. Miravida Soho is not a pretentious boutique hotel. Rather, it is a sterling property in a great location staffed by the most accomodating and gracious hosts.

We were welcomed like family in the best possible way by the accomodating hosts at Miravida Soho. We started our mornings with carefully prepared breakfasts (oh, that egg, spinach, and sun dried tomato dish!); received suggestions, directions, and facilitated travel for our days' outings; enjoyed tastes of wine from and tours of the wine cellar by knowledgeable and enthusiastic sommeliers; and shared stimulating conversation in the cozy courtyard with our hosts and other guests as the evening ended.

The accommodations were charming: crisp linens and premium bath products in our room. We loved our tiny balcony, which, in January, was framed by blooming vines.

Even the location was a dream in a safe, vibrant, and walkable part of the city.

This comment must include many thanks and good wishes to our new friends at Miravida and a hearty recommendation for other travelers to try this marvelous hotel!

1 Thank vasugarcookie
Rockland, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

We have travelled across the world and this was by far one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at. It truly felt like our home in BA. The rooms felt homey, the beds were extremely comfortable, the wine bar was excellent and the customer service was outstanding. A big thank you to Felipe, Nadia, Jim, Frauke, Gabriel, Robert and all the staff. The staff and owners had excellent suggestions, were always there to help out, and introduced us to some amazing wines. This charming boutique hotel is also located in a great neighbourhood near many excellent restaurants and little shops. Muchas Gracias!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jason B
new york
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Having travelled extensively, I have never been to a hotel were I was made to feel so welcome and so much part of a family. Great location; impeccably clean; BRILLIANT staff who never tired of my endless questions both before I arrived and during my stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo