“The one & only place to stay in Buenos Aires”

Miravida Soho Hotel & Wine Bar
Ranked #2 of 451 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Sonoma, California
“The one & only place to stay in Buenos Aires”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We have more free miles than we ever can use them. Business and vacation-trips take us around the World. We´ve seen more corporate hotels than we ever wanted. They are all the same. Boring over time. We want real people that give us support and advice during our stays. We are tired of standard answers. And because of that we highly recommend the Miravida Soho and its highly talented staff. Privately owned and run the crew makes you feel like you are part of a family, their service is prestine, creative breakfasts, superb wines, beautyfull rooms. A place with a heart and a character....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Marcus M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I just got back from my two week birthday trip in Argentina. The last week was spent at the wonderful Miravida SoHo Hotel and Wine Bar. Where do I begin? The staff is without question outstanding. I mainly interacted with Nadia, Pamela, Christy and Felipe however, all of the employees (the guys at the desk overnight, the housekeeper and the chef, who made the most delicious breakfast each day) are all great. The owners, Frauke and Cornel obviously have a knack for selecting talented employees. They really go above and beyond to ensure that you not only enjoy your stay at Miravida but also enjoy your stay in Buenos Aires. Nadia arranged my dinner reservations for the week and her recommendations were spot on and I always had fabulous tables with 5 star service.

Prior to arriving in Buenos Aires, Nadia emailed me several pages of recommendations so I could plan my itinerary ahead of my arrival. This was such a huge help since I am a planner and I like to know my day to day schedule. Felipe gave me a very insightful history of Mate and shared the traditional drink with me. Christy went out of her way to make sure I was okay after a bad experience at a nearby restaurant on my first night (I chose this place not Nadia  ) and when I was feeling a little sick after over-indulging in a very rich, incredibly delicious meal (I’d willingly get sick again if I could indulge in that exact meal…lol). Pamela has such a warm welcoming spirit. She ensured that my billing was seamless, sending my invoices via PayPal and in USD which is awesome.

I have to go back to the breakfast, which is included in your rate. You have the option to choose from 5 or so different entrees which are prepared fresh. The chef is truly gifted. Everything was perfectly seasoned and came out of the kitchen hot. I stayed at several different hotels during my time in Buenos Aires and Frauke has the cream of the crop at Miravida.

On to the hotel. My first night was spent in Room 1 which is a suite and is painted in a rich blue hue that I loved. As mentioned in a previous post, it faces the street so there was quite a bit of noise but for one night it didn’t bother me that much. I moved to Room 3 which is located in the back of the hotel and is very quiet which worked perfectly for me. It’s small but for one person it’s perfect (at right near the elevator). The hotel has the look of a renovated Savannah Georgia mansion with modern chic decor. The wood floors were beautiful and nicely polished. The rooms keys are heavy but I like that they are reminiscent of the late 19th and early 20th century. The weight is to remind you to leave them at the front desk when you leave for the day. Trust me, you won’t forget . Miravida has lots of character. The Palermo SoHo neighborhood is very hip and trendy. Walking distance to restaurant, wonderful bakeries and fantastic shopping.

The wine tasting is something you should plan on participating in during your stay. It’s a nice way to taste the wine available for purchase and also mingle with other guests at the hotel. Christy does a nice job hosting and teaching. The Wi-Fi connection was the best out of all of the hotels I stayed during my time in Argentina.

The staff is speaks English if your Spanish is rusty or in my case practically non-existent. This hotel is ranked number #1 on Trip Advisor for a reason. They have earned their place at the top. Impeccable attention to detail and an experience you’ll remember for a lifetime.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the back. They are very quiet. However, try Room 1 if you want more space and don...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank jadab97
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were lucky to have chosen Miravida for our stay. The location was as good as it gets in Buenos Aires, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and the rooms and common areas were comfortable, clean and nicely decorated. Since the hotel is quite small, you get a very personalized experience and we genuinely felt the employees cared that we enjoyed our stay in the city.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed at Miravida Soho for three nights during a recent trip to Argentina. Hands down, this was one of the most comfortable/intimate locations that we have ever stayed. With only six rooms, the service was unparalleled. Someone from the hotel staff is there 24 hours a day to assist with your needs. Felipe, Robert and Christie, in particular, were extremely helpful/fun and provided us with great suggestions for meals, sight-seeing and shopping. The location in Palermo Soho is extremely convenient with hundreds of bars/restaraunts/stores a short walk away and just a 10 minute walk to the nearest Subte station. Also, make sure to take advantage of Miravida's wine tasting events. Christie does a fantastic job and is extremely knowledgeable on the subject. For the price and location, this is an unbeatable option for your stay in Buenos Aires.

1 Thank Mike S
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

For our honeymoon we did a tour of a few countries in South America, and the Miravida Soho in Buenos Aires was an excellent way to start the trip. After a long flight from Australia the relaxed atmosphere and exceptional staff were just what we needed to adjust to South American Time.

We stayed in the Suite, which was our second choice after the Terrace Loft but the rooms get booked out quite far in advance, so make sure you get in early. The room was extremely spacious and airy but perhaps a little sparse in terms of furniture, and as the hotel fronts right onto a small park and a fairly busy street there was some street noise, so if that bothers you it might be best to choose a room which faces onto the courtyard instead of the street. However I am a very light sleeper and it wasn't a problem for me.

As others have rightly said, the staff were amazingly friendly and helpful, and perhaps the main draw of this hotel. They were more than happy to organise tours, recommend restaurants, and book shows for us while we were there - a boon if your Spanish is a bit rusty. They even arranged a few things for us in advance for when we returned to Buenos Aires at the end of our holiday, even though we weren't staying with them again.

More than just a hotel, staying at the Miravida was an experience, and one that we would not have missed out on.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard at the back are a bit quieter if street noise bothers you
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tom P
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here December 26-30, 2013. Yes, the hotel is in a perfect location and the rooms are spacious and charming, but it was the staff that made our first stay in Buenos Aires truly outstanding. They really did go out of their way to make recommendations on restaurants and activities, helped us get around the sprawling city without incident (and had taxis waiting when requested), and even taught us how to make and drink the traditional mate. The breakfast each morning was prepared to order, and although the menu was small, the food was outstanding. They even put together a wine tasting for hotel guests one evening and introduced us to some new Argentinean wines we wouldn't have discovered on our own. The next time I travel to Buenos Aires, I will absolutely be returning to Miravida Soho!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle F
dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Miravida so very much. All of the other reviewers are correct - the staff are the gem of this establishment. They are friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. Their attention to detail was impeccable from start (sent a 40 plus page document with recommendations) to finish (having a taxi already ordered for us for the airport at the correct time). The location in Palermo Soho is amazing and within walking distance of many restaurants. The room was clean, well designed, and homey. Homemade breakfast every morning was tasty, and a great chance to ask the staff about the city. The wine tasting was fantastic - definitely set aside time for this.

What else can I say? PERFECTO.