“Comfortable, Stylish, and Friendly hotel in a great neighborhood!”

Miravida Soho Hotel & Wine Bar
Ranked #3 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I spent 5 nights here with my wife and we could not have been happier. All of the staff goes out of their way to make sure you have a perfect stay.

Both the old owner, James, and the new owner Cornel are really nice guys who made sure we had reservations when we needed them, a recommendation when we wanted one, and a glass of wine in between. Supported by Nigel and the rest of the staff, this place can't be beat in its price range. The room was clean, stylish and comfortable. We'd go back !

Reviewed 28 July 2010

We had the warmest reception at the Miravida Soho and the most helpful advice and consideration from new owner Cornel, past owner James and all staff at the Miravida Soho. They all went out of their way to ensure our short stay in Buenos Aires achieved maximum satisfaction. The location is fantastic and has wonderful restaurants within walking distance. We were keen to go to a milonga and experience non-touristy tango and the Miravida investigated options for us which resulted in a great night of dancing in a nearby milonga hall. The hotel itself is newly painted and very clean. The breakfasts are sensational!

Reviewed 27 July 2010

We spent three great nights at the Miravida. James and his staff took care of all of our needs, from dinner and sightseeing recommendations to making reservations for dinner and a tango show in advance of our arrival. Situated on a quiet side street, the hotel is around the corner from myriad restaurants, bars and shops. Be sure to have a few glasses of wine before heading out for the evening at the wine bar and catch up on all things Buenos Aires with other guests and the hotel staff. This is a small boutique hotel so if you're looking for a really big room and lots of amenities then you may want to try a larger name-brand hotel. Also, cab drivers didn't seem to be familiar with the hotel or the street (Darregueyra) so be sure to have some idea of the larger cross-streets around or have a map handy.

Reviewed 15 July 2010

I heard that SOHO Palermo was the most fun area of Buenos Aires. My friends were right. When I return to Buenos Aires, I'll spend a few days in SOHO before heading on to Mendoza and rural areas.

Most importantly, I'll definitely stay at this hotel. The price was amazing (although all prices are great in South America). Incredible room in a renovated old building. The staff members were great. They didn't even charge for a great breakfast and wine. Maybe I appreciated their great restaurant recommendations.

It's always risky getting a hotel that is not a brand name. But this worked out really well.

Reviewed 12 July 2010

I have been to Soho several times but this June I stayed at Miravida Soho Hotel for the first time. After reading a lot of reviews I had high expectations. And I was not let down at all. The Miravida is best in class at all aspects. Staff is more than helpful, answering all my questions of things to see and do. My room was beautiful, the bathroom was large with bidet and a great shower. The neighborhood is fantastic, you definitely the best local wine for a reasonable price.

All in all James, the manager, has created a wonderful small hotel. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2010

In all technicalities (cleanliness, good bathrooms, comfy beds, location) etc Miravida Soho gets full points but something stops me from raving about it. We stayed twice during our trip around South America and the second time was definitely better...maybe because our room was better (top floor loft room with balcony). In fairness, our second trip was probably better because the first time we stayed it was easter long weekend and nothing in the area was open...the second time all the bars/cafes/restaurants were happening and the area had a much better vibe. Ill start with the bad news (there isnt much) there are VERY noisy buses outside which can hamper sleeping, especially if youre suffering from jetlag! it is also missing a certain something, in want of a better word, a 'vibe'. BUT it is spotless, the rooms are lovely, the staff are even lovelier and the location is great, especially for exploring the palermo area. Ask the staff (especially the helpful and very pleasant nigel) for tips on bars, restaurants...they are happy to help and knowlegable. Also the breakfasts are great - my boyfriend who previously said he didnt understand why anyone would order muesli when you could get bacon and eggs is now a convert!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ali_g_Sydney
Reviewed 5 July 2010

I was very excited about my stay at Miravida Soho. I had heard good things and read great reviews. Perhaps management or ownership has changed, but this place was a bit of a wreck.

It's located directly across the street from an open, small concrete park covered in bird poop that serves 24-hours per day as a homeless hangout and sleeping area. We arrived at the hotel at 9 pm. The staff was quite friendly. We got upstairs to find a very small room - too small. In addition, it had no shampoo in the dispenser and we needed a shower. I don't want to sound petty, but if the housekeeper doesn't notice an empty clear shampoo dispenser, what's on her checklist? It had cheap soap, no minibar, an old small safe and only one functioning lightbulb out of five. Honestly, I've stayed at hostels that paid better attention to their rooms than Miravida Soho did.

The next day we returned at 1700 hours to find our room untouched. I let a surprised staff person know and she recalled the housekeeper (a nice touch, I will say). But with only six rooms, how does one miss a room? And there was no apology at any time.

I had placed my jeans on a shelf at eye level above the safe only to find a half-inch layer of dust on the shelf (and my jeans) when I went to wear them.

There staff was nice. Nigel was extremely helpful about restaurant recommendations (though I take this opportunity to tell him that the city shut down his recommended restaurant Azema on June 22). But his knowledge couldn't overcome the ineptitude of the rest of them - forgetting coffee orders, the room issues mentioned above, a cascade of crashing glasses out of the cupboard that splattered the dining area, etc.

Basically, what I want to impart is that you can do much better in Buenos Aires. In the off-season, five-star hotels cost under $150. I paid $135 for one of their smallest rooms and an attention to detail that showed such disinterest that I was - and remain - extremely disappointed.

12  Thank Philfurst
28belle, Owner at Miravida Soho Hotel & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2010

We pride ourselves for our staff and service and so do nearly all of our guests as 109 excellent reviews on Tripadvisor compared to 3 poor ones show. Are we trying for perfection every day? Yes we do. Do we always succeed? Unfortunately not. A big "mea culpa" and apology from this side for a room that had not been cleaned by 1700 hours . Has never happened before will hopefully never happen again. How the maid could miss it beats me as much as the writer of the review. Sorry that the guest didn't see the full bottle of shampoo that stood on top of the dispenser, that broke the day before. Old, small safe? The safes were bought 2 years ago when the hotel opened and are standard to type in a personal number. Sorry that we don't change them every year. I believe there is hardly anybody in BA that has more knowledge about restaurants and places to go to than Nigel. That he didn't know that this particular restaurant was closed down the week before by the city is certainly unfortunate but I doubt that he can be blamed for it.

It becomes a bit mysterious if not bizarre if the writer finds "a half-inch layer of dust" on his jeans and sees or hears "cascades of crashing glasses" that non of the staff or other guests heard or saw.

There is hardly any guest that doesn't rave about our location in Palermo Soho and we love it too. But is there anything we can do about homeless people on benches in a public spot (that never ever bothered any of our guests) or birds that poop on walkways? Unfortunately one will find that even in front of a Four Seasons or Marriott in many places of the world.

I really regret that the writer's stay was disappointing and if he would have said a word to Nigel, Jim or myself we definitely would have tried everything to better things and would have apologized on the spot. A "fair review"? Maybe readers should look at the majority of the other reviews regarding the Miravida Soho.