“No request is too big or small.”
Review of The Glu Hotel

The Glu Hotel
Ranked #6 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 1 February 2012

This hotel is clean, modern and well located. A great spot for a trip in buenos aires but beyond that I don't know if I've ever experienced anything like the people that work here... They are so nice and go way over the top to help you in any way during your stay. They booked us ferries to Uruguay, made excellent dinner recommendations, booked me a last minute (great) spa session to get a much needed wax and pedicure before hitting the beaches after a european winter, brought us fresh waters, beer. Really... You call down and ask a question to try and do something yourself and they instantly take it off your plate, handle it for you and free you to enjoy your stay.

There are newer reviews for The Glu Hotel

Reviewed 1 February 2012

We have been traveling for almost a year now and to stand out amongst the crowd is saying something. This hotel does just that and they do it first and foremost with customer service. We really enjoyed our stay here and sadly got a little homesick after our last morning. We will be back!

Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed here for a week and loved it. The location can't be beat. Easy walk to the hippest restaurants, shops, and bars of Palermo Soho and Palermo Hollywood, and a short cab ride to most everywhere else you'll want to go in the city. The staff is amazing. I happened to celebrate my birthday during my stay, and although I never said a word about it to the staff, they sent up a surprise to my room and had birthday cake waiting for me when I came down to breakfast. I'm guessing they saw my birthdate on my passport. That's the kind of attention you'll get from them. Also, we were afraid that we would miss the NFL game that week, but the hotel staff not only found a bar that was showing the game, but the bar was only blocks from the hotel. Finally, the hotel itself is very modern and immaculately clean.

3  Thank customized
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We stayed 5 nights at the Glu Hotel in Buenos Aires in August 2011. Although its entrance was not very attractive, the lobby area was comfortable. We received a warm welcome upon check-in. The room was spacious, well-designed, clean and cozy. I especially liked its pleasant aroma. The hotel is not close to subway, but restaurants are within walking distance. I think the breakfast could be improved by providing more selection. The staff were very responsive, polite and helpful. We were very pleased with their recommendations on dining and sightseeing. Special thanks to Sol who was so nice and sweet. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Glu!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Suewinhk
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I selected the Glu based on the fantastic reviews on trip advisor and it was the best decision. This was our second trip to Buenos Aires, and we had stayed at the Mine Boutique Hotel on a previous visit, which was wonderful (and I have reviewed it). BUT, after having stayed at the Glu, I cannot imagine staying at another property. I have found our new home in Buenos Aires.

The Glu gets everything right from the time you make your reservation (Johanna was so helpful and was there to greet us when we arrived). The responsiveness of the entire team and the willingness to help with everything from restaurant reservations to any item that is needed is remarkable. We stayed in the Glu Suite, which was simply fantastc! The room is really large (and larger than so many apartments in New York...where we live). It is beautifully designed with a sleeping area, living room, kitchen, plenty of closet space, great sized bathroom (with L'Occitane products) and the most amazing terrace (all for this suite). The terrace has a day bed, two chairs and a table. It was an absolute treat to enjoy our morning coffee and evening wines on this terrace.

The bed is super comfortable (I had the best sleep) and the soundproofing of the room is fantastic. The Glu Suite does face the front of the hotel (street side), but we had absolutely no problems with the sound. In fact, we loved facing this side as it made us feel so much more part of Buenos Aires and the neighborhood. There is a soccer club in front of the hotel and every evening with wine on our balcony we would see various teams practicing soccer.

The place where the Glu just emerges as a gem of a property, beyond its amazing rooms and facility, is the service. The staff is simply exceptional. I cannot say enough about Aixa. She was absolutely a delight to get to know during our stay and so willing to help with anything. The entire team of the hotel gets to know your name while you are there and always greet when you come and go. It was wonderful to return at night and have Diego greet us and ask us about our day and evening. Each member of the team shows genuine interest.

The Glu is family-owned and the owners are on site almost every day to make sure everything is going off smoothly. There is a buffet breakfast every morning, which was perfect for us (cereals, yogurt, juices, breads/croissants, cold cuts, cheese, fruits, and great coffee any way you want it). If you are looking for eggs or a hot breakfast you will need to step out, but there are so many places within a block of the Glu if you so desire.

The courtyard is also a lovely place to just sit back in the morning or in the evening as is the rooftop (which has a jacuzzi). All rooms have free wi-fi as well. Last, the location of the Glu is simply the best. It is in Palermo Soho, which I think is the best neighborhood to stay in Buenos Aires...much more fun then Recoleta! The hotel is in a perfect spot that allows you to enjoy everything in Palermo Soho as well as walk over to Palermo Hollywood. Downtown, Recoleta, the port area and San Telmo are all a taxi ride, but it is extremely easy to get one (and the ride is very reasonable).

Bottom line --- don't look beyond the Glu. Five star properties need to learn about service from this boutique wonder.

2  Thank barca212
Reviewed 25 January 2012

If you like small hotels, and I do, this one is for you. The Glu is located in the very trendy, very artsy neighborhood of Palermo Soho (and how do Argentines ever come up with the names of their neighborhoods I'll never know). It's a tiny little property, sandwiched between the venue for an alternative theater and a larger residential building.

The place looks brand new, well appointed and very large rooms. It's got everything you'd want to make your life easier (flat screen tv, powerful WiFi, A/C). And then, there's the service. Unbelievably good. Not only was the staff responsive to my every need, they made an extra effort to anticipate what I'd need and took action. It would be difficult to describe how good, how friendly, or how helpful the concierges were, from booking a taxi (easy task) to finding the perfect restaurant for dinner within walking distance (I asked for new Argentinian cuisines-difficult task), they excelled all around.

If I had to find something amiss, I'd say that the breakfast buffet was on the small side. All the food was fresh and the coffee was excellent, but they really could use a little more variety. One more thing, Palermo Soho is not close to Buenos Aires' downtown and Recoleta, not that it bothered me at all, but getting down there and back is not easy.

Room Tip: If available, ask for a room in the back.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Great experience! Booked last minute from Dec 31 - Jan 3, 2012. Nice location - Palermo Soho is funky and fun - good cafes and design stores, great for wandering and people watching. Hotel was clean and nice and boutique cool - great courtyard. But by far and away the best thing was the staff. The receptionists and concierges were AMAZING! Helped us book many parts of the rest of our stay with huge success. Made the trip incredibly easy. Normally, I don't like to get a bunch of help from concierges, preferring instead to learn the city on my own. But they were amazing and only enriched the experience. Recommend strongly. And recommend you tip the staff well too - they deserve it!!!

Room Tip: Rooms that open onto the back courtyard = quieter and have a more pleasant balcony
1  Thank PaulfromCanada1