“The GLU is what others have said.....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Glu Hotel

The Glu Hotel
Ranked #3 of 450 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Chicago, IL
“The GLU is what others have said.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was looking for something different than my usual haunts when in Buenos Aires, and I turned to the advice of Trip Advisor. The reviews uniformly spoke of a "boutique" experience and impeccable service. I just completed a few days there, and found everything to be exactly as stated by my travel allies. I am an American with good Spanish, but it was enjoyable to talk about things in English. It is family owned and operated, and they do a good job. The room was terrific, the location perfect. I really did enjoy my stay before moving on to the work part of my trip. Berta, Carolina, and Diego have new employees carved from same molds as themselves, and Ignacio and Josefina will only add to the competence of this fine staff.
Do yourself a favor and stay here next time. I will. Thank You, Trip Advisor.
Jack Staton, USA

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Turkish first
Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Small and intimate. Can be too intimate if you are used to your space and staying in bigger hotels. The ladies were great and so was the guy who looks after the place at night. I think the breakfast could be a lot better. I found the choice too limited. My room was big but not as light or airy. It looks much nicer in the photos than in the flesh. It is close to lots of shops, restaurants and bars. An easy walking distance. I loved the homely service but I thought it was expensive. I was thinking of giving it two stars (I'm giving it three) but the two ladies (I've forgotten their names) were so helpful with telling where to go and what to do. Their service was amazing and from the heart!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank kkn889
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

A welcome haven for Americans who are language challenged and totally unfamiliar with wildly fluctuating monetary system. The hotel is well designed "cutting edge modern" with very nice public areas on he first floor and 11 or 12 guest rooms. The neighborhood is very upscale with a multitude of very good restaurants within walking distance. There was a place for breakfast just 50 feet from the front door. The assistance we got on places to eat, money exchange, tourist attractions was very accurate and helpful. I will return there on my next visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank indbob
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I stayed for a total of 7 nights at this incredible little boutique hotel in the wonderful Palermo Soho neighborhood. From the moment that we arrived, the staff at the hotel made us feel at home and comfortable. Everyone went out of their way to help us with restaurant reservations, directions, sight seeing suggestions, airport transfers, etc. We actually split up our stay at the Glu with a short trip to Patagonia, and the hotel staff went so far as to help us coordinate transfers, etc with our hotel in Patagonia! When I gave them my flight information to Patagonia so that they could arrange the airport transfers, Carolina verified the flights and found out that the itinerary provided by Orbitz listed the wrong arrival airport in Buenos Aires! Had she not checked our transfer would have been waiting at the wrong airport and we would have been very frustrated and wasted a lot of time on our vacation. It was so thoughtful of her to check and that is just one example of all the ways that the Glu goes above and beyond to look after its guests. Although the location is impeccable, the staff at the hotel is truly its biggest asset--warm, personable and truly friendly. We can't thank everyone at the Glu enough for their incredible hospitality. If we are ever so lucky to return to Buenos Aires, we would not stay anywhere else!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Villanova, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

One of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. Generous sized rooms, beautifully appointed and the best service we have ever had at a hotel. Great location in BA in Palermo SOHO. Restaurants, bars, shopping, easy access to the city and fun. Everyone was so helpful,.. Patricia, Carolina, Diego, Berta.... They made our stay great. Gave us recommendations on restaurants, shopping, sites and made us feel like we were part of their family. We would go back to BA just to stay at the Glu!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeff G
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I never write reviews, but I knew I had to make the time after staying at the Glu.

For starters, it's a family owned hotel, which I loved. Carolina and Patricia made me feel right at home from day one. They were always attentive to my needs and very patient with my inability to speak Spanish. They spoke English very well! They were also well informed and went out of their way to ensure I knew my way around BA. They made all of my dinner reservations, booked my tours, arranged taxi service, etc.

They were even accommodating after my stay ended with them. I started my trip in BA with the Glu and then traveled to other areas of Argentina. On my last day, I had a 10 hour layover BACK in BA and didn't know what to do with my luggage. They let me leave it at their hotel, which was really nice. I was able to walk around Palermo-Soho, eat, shop, etc, and they even arranged for my taxi to the airport later that night.

You cannot get this type of personal and genuine service at other hotels. This hotel is also situated in the BEST neighborhood of BA. You MUST stay here if you come to BA. I don't think you could have a more well-rounded and better experience unless you stayed at the Glu!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gina B
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

We recently stayed at the Glu Boutique Hotel prior to a cruise. Our stay was shortened by a 24 hour delay on arrival due to a medical emergency on our flight. We had arranged with the hotel for a car service to pick us up and this plan changed multiple times. The hotel staff was highly responsive and always courteous. We arrived tired and frustrated from the trip but found this hotel to be an oasis. The neighborhood was pleasant and safe, with many restaurants and shops. The hotel arranged an excellent city tour for us and called taxis on several occasions. The room was spacious and had a balcony. The staff arranged a return taxi from the cruise port and secured our luggage while we spent the day at the San Telmo fair. They then arranged for a taxi to the airport. It was a pleasure to stay at the Glu Hotel and we greatly appreciate all the help we got from Carolina, Patricia and Diego. We look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple