“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #3 of 451 Hotels in Buenos Aires
New Hampshire, USA
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2010

My husband & I stayed here for 2 nights at the start of our trip to Argentina, and had a wonderful stay. The location in Palermo Soho is great -- just a couple of a blocks away from shops & restaurants. The staff was very attentive & helpful. The room was quite spacious, very clean, & comfortable; the decor was modern, and the shower had excellent water pressure. Overall, a fantastic place to stay in BsAs!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2010

We stayed in the Glu for four nights as part of our honeymoon. It was simply fantastic!
The staff are all exceptionally helpful and friendly, they booked our dinner in La Cabrera, reconfirmed flights and helped organise a night at a Tango show for us.
The room was spacious and spotless and it was our favourite hotel on our travels - probably my favourite hotel I've ever stayed in!
Stay here if you're visiting Buenos Aires (beautiful city, by the way) - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

My Wife and I began our honeymoon at the Glu Hotel a few weeks ago and spent 7 nights there. We were so pleased with how great the staff was, we decided we had to write our very first review on TripAdvisor about the Glu Hotel. The hotel is a small botique hotel with only about a dozen rooms so the Glue Hotel really shines at the various personal touches and the staff really goes above and beyond to make sure you enjoy all aspects of your stay. The neighborhood it is located in, Palermo, does appear a bit rundown in comparison to other areas of B.A. like the Recoleta but Palermo was very safe and the amounts of shopping, restaurants, and relatively short distances to other parts of the city more than made up for that.
Although all of the staff was outstanding, we especially want to thank Maria, Johanna, and Lilian, for making our honeymoon truly special. We will definitely come back to stay when we get the opportunity!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

I have been to Bs As many times, stayed at many different Palermo hotels, and this was my second time at The Glu. I think I can safely say they are probably the best in the area.

Location-wise it's in a perfect spot, steps away from good bars (Congo, and Kika), good restaurants (Social Paraiso, La Cabrera, Cluny) and shopping. Service is truly excellent, and as previously mentioned, the very early check-ins never fail to impress me.

The rooms are huge, tastefully decorated, with wooden floors, underfloor heating, balcony and bar area. Bed is comfortable, area is quiet (although on one night we had noise from the bar next door - which seemed to be dealt with after complaining with reception). TV channel selection is good, and wi-fi was always very fast (and free). Staff are polite, helpful, but never intrusive. Breakfast is simple but delicious and fuss-free. Minibar prices are very reasonable. Never got to try the jacuzzi or sauna, but the pictures look good!

All in all, this hotel has everything you need and more. They are slightly more expensive than others in the area, but definitely worth it. If this is your first trip to Buenos Aires, I wouldn't recommend you to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank rafkam
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2010

I cannot possibly say wnough good things about the staff at The Glu. Of course the location is great and the rooms are modern, clean and comfortable. The amentities are great (especially love their breakfast) and the boutique qualities of the hotel were fabulous. Maria and the staff at the front desk were beyond perfection. They made dinner reservations for us, gave us great directions and even called our airline everyday to hunt down our lost luggage. When they found out we were on our honeymoon, we came home from dinner to champagne and candles in our room. To top it all off, I left my favorite necklace in the safe and a week after we got back home Maria orchestrated to have it shipped to me (in NYC) and was in constant communication about getting it back to me. Never have I stayed at a hotel where I wanted to be friends with the entire staff!

1 Thank breecohn
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2010

From the great staff to the rooms and general atmosphere of the hotel, I was in love. If you rate this hotel anything less than excellent then you are absolutely crazy. The location was fantastic and every night the staff would recommend amazing restaurants to eat in near Palermo Soho. I am a traveler who usually spends hardly any time in my hotel but every night I looked forward to coming back to this hotel. It is modern and chic and kept in immaculate condition. I would not stay anywhere else while in BA.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Sarah1790
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

My wife and I recently went to Buenos Aires for vacation and stayed in two hotels, the Sheraton Park Tower and the Glu. While the Park Tower was a great hotel and we stayed in a suite, our stay at the Glu was much more memorable.

One, as mentioned in all the reviews, the staff was great. Because it is a small, boutique hotel, you are noticed every time you enter or leave and you are greeted by name and offered a coffee. They do a fabulous job of booking meals, taxis, trips, whatever. One of the great things is that they give you custom maps of the local area. One has all the restaurants and bars, one has all the stores. Why all hotels don't do this is beyond me. Breakfast is very european, with pastries, flat meats, coffee, and juice, but it was all you will need when you see the serving portions in the restaurants.

We had a standard room and it was great. Sleek, modern, and comfortable. The shower design is almost too modern as you always get water on the floor, but the rain showerhead can't be beat. Good robes, towels, glasses, and L'Occitane toiletries. They even had a very drinkable Malbec for around 10 dollars in the minibar. Such a deal.

Hotel is within walking distance of dozens of good restaurants. I can highly advise going to La Cabera for steaks........huge portions, great food, and compared to US prices, very cheap. Best to go early as they don't take reservations late and there is always a line out the door. Best of all, it's only a block and half from the Glu. Do not go to Estilo Criollo near the plaza..........worst meal of our whole trip.

Overall, if you like modern boutique hotels, the Glu is for you. If you are a business traveler that needs 24 hour business services, room service and bellmen at your beck and call, you probably won't like it. The area around it is kind of like Soho in NY in that there are dozens of cool shops, bars, and lots to do. All in all, the staff is so nice it's like visiting relatives that just happen to own a cool hotel in a cool neighborhood.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple