“Good B & B for exploring Buenos Aires”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buenos Aires
El Edificio de los Pavos Reales
Ranked #53 of 274 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Good B & B for exploring Buenos Aires”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stayed three nights with Kevin (Diego was away on business) and certainly agree with other comments in that Kevin is a delightful host with considerable knowledge about Buenos Aires.
We stayed in the patio room with a comfortable bed,plenty of hanging space for clothes and a Hollywood style bathroom with mirrors galore! The room opened onto an internal roofless patio and ventilation was by way of louver doors and an air conditioner which was fine by us. The breakfasts were delicious with the addition of fresh and warmed Danish pastries.

The B & B was on the first floor but there was a lift which was a great help for those of us with heavy cases. The B & B was filled with antiques and had been lovingly decorated. The subway was only a comfortable walk as were many restaurants and cafes and a supermarket directly opposite and there was a small fridge in the dining room for the use of guests.

We arrived on Sunday afternoon and Kevin suggested that we visit the San Telmo markets (selling clothes, china, antiques etc) which was great fun for a wander walking along about six blocks. There are also lots of little cafes along the way.

The only reason we did not give it 5 stars was that there was a lack of servicing of our room during our stay.

Room Tip: We had the patio room which was very quiet and certainly adequate for the stay.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

I stayed in the 2 room suite with a friend during a week long visit in Buenos Aires. The apt was lovely, and Kevin & Diego were wonderful hosts. The subway was very close, and taxis were easy to come by. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Toowoomba, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

On arrival I was blown away by the timeless elegance of the century old apartment. It had been tastefully decorated in keeping with the period architecture and I immediately felt at home. It was a relaxing escape from the hustle of urban Buenos Aires. Coming back to the apartment was like stepping into yesteryear with an assortment of Art Nouveau antiques and architecture. There was a modest collection of books to flick through which was a nice touch.
Kevin and Diego were great hosts who were available to give advice on things to see and eat in Buenos Aires. Kevin was a wealth of information and did not hesitate to give advice and suggestions. The breakfast was more than enough and I appreciated the efforts Kevin went to set the table every morning. It was the little touches that made the biggest impact. The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were clean and spacious. The urban noise was drowned out by a double door/ double glazing set up. The balcony was accessible and gave a great view of the busy street below. The available WIFI had a strong signal. On leaving, Kevin made arrangements for our taxi pick-up and helped us with our baggage. It was such a great stay I recommended El Edificio de los Pavos Reales to my parents.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Our stay at this B&B was wonderful. I was visiting Buenos Aires from the US, in order to meet and travel with my daughter and her travel partner, who'd been traveling around South America for four months. As soon as we got to the B&B, it felt really comfortable, and Kevin was so extremely nice and helpful. Once we determined that our rooms were available beyond the two nights that we'd reserved, we decided to stay there and extend our time in Bs As for a week. I'm so glad we did! The place became a very comfortable home base and we thoroughly enjoyed the accommodations, the neighborhood, and the great conversations with and support from Kevin as we planned our days.

We were using the two front rooms that look out on the main street, Rivadavia. Every morning there was a perfect breakfast waiting for us, and afterwards we would sit at the table and talk with Kevin about our plans and whatever else came up. He was very helpful, with great ideas and practical advice.

I felt as though we received great value at El Edificio, and the beauty of the building and the apartment made it really special.

In addition to having a great location in many ways, Kevin and Diego were so gracious in accommodating us as our plans evolved. We bought bus tickets to Mendoza but then found out the bus drivers were on strike. Our plans needed to change as we ended up flying to Mendoza a day later. The hospitality of Kevin and Diego was amazing. We stayed an extra night and then we were able to leave our luggage on site till late in the day, and Kevin made sure we got in a cab to the airport in time to make our flight.

I can't think of any way in which the space and the service could be improved. El Edificio de los Pavos Reales was a perfect home base for sampling and savoring Buenos Aires.

Thank you so much, Kevin and Diego, for making our visit so very special!

Room Tip: The two front rooms are connected and worked well for us. I was very impressed to see how the rooms...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

Honestly, if I was planning on returning to Buenos Aires in the near future, I would not write a review for fear of giving away this gem. The apartment is great to look at. We had the smaller bedroom facing the courtyard and were happy with it. It's super clean and has every thing you need. Privacy might be an issue if you are, uh, a young couple, maybe. Walls are not soundproof and it's nice to leave the shutters open for an evening breeze. Having said that, besides we have nothing but praise. Which is owed 100 percent to the host, Kevin. From the lovingly set breakfast table to his excellent advice to where to go and what to do when in BA, you could tell he takes his job serious and he is a perfectionist. He can draw a map out of his head including subway-stops and which way to exit into the street. He knows where you can drink Rosé, see tango, get the best steak, even have a vegetarian meal. His knowledge about this town is encyclopedic. Forget the travel-guide, go stay at this place and you will have a great time in Buenos Aires.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

I stayed at this place in November last year. It’s my first time staying at a B&B Inn, my reason being that I wanted to get a “feel” of this lovely city and mingle with the locals. Well, I wasn’t disappointed! Right from the email exchanges and reservations, Kevin and Diego were always very helpful. This is a beautiful B&B Inn with plenty of character and history. On my first day Kevin let me stay in the front suite and then following day and for the rest of my 6 night stay I was in the Patio Room. I love its spacious bathroom with lots of mirrors (love the shower head!), the bedroom has closets on both walls with a lot of space to store your belongings. Every morning Kevin would sit with us during breakfast and help us with our itinerary for that day i.e, giving directions (taking the Subte to go to El Tigre, por ejemplo), reservations (at the Tango Porteño), the weather (it rained in some of those days, he lent me an umbrella: you don’t get that staying in hotels). For breakfast I enjoyed the pastries, warm and fresh baked from the bake shop and the fresh brewed coffee. I am not much of a breakfast person (or a foodie), especially so when I travel, but I fell in love with the alfajores and dulce de leche (that’s another story).

The place is located on Ave. Rivadavia which is a close proximity to everything. Across the street you will find a grocery store Carrefour (you can buy your bottled water, candies, toiletries, even souvenirs). A couple of blocks away is the Damblee restaurant (there are mixed reviews here but it was a good experience for me; I loved the Portuguese sardinas that I ordered; there’s a pizza place in front of this restaurant that one might try though); a few more blocks is the Café las Violetas (if you like Café Tortoni, you might like it here too). And along the stretch of Ave. Rivadavia are numerous hole-in-the-wall little restaurants and mini stores of various kinds if you are daring and adventurous enough to go there. There’s a bank with an ATM right at the corner. The Subte (subway) is just two blocks away and from there you can go just about anywhere (Plaza de Mayo, Callao, or Retiro). There’s a fitness center on the ground floor of the El Pavo building (different owner), so don’t think you’d be missing your exercise routine too!

To sum it all, I really enjoyed my stay at El Edificio de Pavos Reales! Kevin and Diego are wonderful hosts and you will feel right at home. If you want to have amazing memories of a beautiful and intriguing city and its people, you may want to begin your journey here.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

When you're leaving home for 2 weeks you really look for a great, friendly, clean, safe place to call home for those 2 weeks and this place is it! Kevin really made sure that we were comfortable and had all the information we needed to tackle all that there was to see and do in Buenos Aires and beyond.

Anyone can pick a hotel based on the big name hotel chains out there but, choosing El Edificio de los Pavos Reales is a smarter decision.

You won't be disappointed staying here.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple