“Best pasta around period!”
Review of Salgado Alimentos

Salgado Alimentos
Ranked #164 of 5,396 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Argentinian, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Excellent food, very good service. Many varations of pasta al dente and delicioso! I have the ravioli with chicken and curry sauce, the agnolis de cordero (pasta with grilled lamb inside in a cream sauce), or many other wonderful innovative pasta dishes.

If it weren't so small and the outdoor tables weren't so close to the street, I would give it 5 stars, in the lovely Villa Crespo section off BA

Reviewed 21 September 2011

As many have said already: This is a very simple and small restaurant. And for me that is one of the highlights of the place, not fancy, but very interesting, feels like you are at your grandmother´s kitchen or something!
Food is just unbelievable! Very very very good italian dishes.
Villa Crespo is a nice to place to go for a walk, not many tourists around... And you can even have fun buying at the outlets, so it is also a good choice for shopping (better prices then Florida for sure!)
I would definitely go back at this small gem once Im back in Bs As!

Reviewed 18 August 2011

A place really very simple, you may believe that the address was wrong. The food, however, is wonderful. Ravioli of roast beef with mushrooms, homemade meatballs, sorrentinos negros (a round-shaped pasta) stuffed with salmon and shrimp, all very tasty. The prices are unbelievable. Believe me, sit and have a great meal.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

I eat only reasonable. I recomend it only if you are very near

Reviewed 3 March 2011

One of our friends from Patagonia that used to live in Buenos Aires, told us to come here if we were looking for great pasta in a VERY local setting, not fancy, but original and real. We stopped on our last night in BA before heading home and what a treat we had that night. No English spoken anywhere in sight, no tourist to be found, and a line to get in even at 10:30pm. We showed up thinking we had a reservation that was made earlier by our previous hotel in Chile. I firmly believe that we were supposed to have one, but our names were not on a list, so we hung out and within 20 minutes we had a great table in the mix of the locals.

Fortunately, my wife and I had traveled enough to Italy to understand what we wanted from the menu and being that the prices looked great, we decided to order whatever we wanted. The Italian special appetizer was yummy, as was the fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil. Very fresh, along with sumptuous baked focaccia that soaked up the aromatic olive oil. Then to a home made Ravioli with a pancetta and cream that knocked us both off our feet and a home made Agnolotti stuffed with steak that rocked! Huge portions, so we couldn't finish, but had desert, coffee and a bottle of wine, all for $50.00. Our wait staff was always looking out for us and made certain that we felt comfortable during our meal.

Not fancy, original, great service, unique atmosphere.....A true gem!