“An excellent choice”

Ranked #103 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
“An excellent choice”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I must say, I was just so amazed by this hotel. I travelled with my dog and I was more than happy that I could take him with me. The room was great, one of the most comfortable beds I ever slept in and a NESPRESSO coffee machine!!!! Great service, lovely staff, really nice breakfast and perfect location. I can highly recommend this hotel and I will definitly be back very soon!!!!! Thank you

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Wdaniela

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Laguna Beach, California, United States
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Although uber modern, which I don't favour, the hotel was a good business choice, well located, has a peaceful gym on the roof, a busy decent sort of weird Japanese restaurant on the ground floor. The staff were good. I had an excellent massage there that was organized in pretty record time.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I genuinely enjoyed my stay at Vitrum. I stayed for 7 days while on business in Buenos Aires. I was originally staying at the Novotel in the more business oriented district, but after realizing there was not much going on there, I relocated to the Novotel for its great location in Palermo.

The staff here are WONDERFUL. Anything the hotel did not have, was definitely made up for by the very friendly and knowledgable staff.

The rooms are spacious. I had a deal through a website, so I thought that at the rate I had, it was good. I don't think I would have agreed if I paid the posted rate I've seen on the website. The room was generally clean when I came in. I basically had a junior suite which consisted of a bedroom, a living room/kitchenette, bath, and shower.

The kitchenette was nice but I was surprised there was no free coffee or tea... you have to pay for the capsule. However, there are plates, etc. and a mini fridge so you can buy some food and heat it up or store it if need be.

The restaurant downstairs thinks more of itself than I think it actually is. They serve sushi, and to be honest, not great sushi. I live in NYC though where you can find AMAZING sushi for much cheaper. The breakfast spread is decent - fruit, some bread and deli cuts, coffee, tea, and pastries (croissaints, sweet breads, etc.). It's served from 7-11 AM, which works.

The spa was OK. I wish the hotel had a pool, but the jacuzzi is helpful. Also not mentioned is that on the top of the roof they have an open area where you can grill and drink - I would have loved this if I was here with friends.

Overall, a GREAT location with alot of great restaurants nearby and a short walk to Palermo Soho. Beware... it gets very loud at night with the locals out and about very late into the night. It was a bit hard to sleep...

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank IlonaKJ
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We stayed here with 2 children in Sep 2012.The hotel is maybe better for couples, but the staff was very child friendly, and the rooms were so big that the children could sleep in their own " room".Pluss: large rooms (beds in 2 "rooms"),big bathroom,well cleaned, late breakfast with fresh smoothy and cooked egg the way you like it,friendly staff,free Wi-Fii,good location,near to a lot of restaurant.Minus: Internet was slow in one part of bedroom,swimming pool was closed, a bit expencive to be Argentina but worth it.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Los Altos, California
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We stayed at four small hotels in Palermo (Duque, Magnolia, Mine, Vitrum) and all had helpful, friendly, well-trained staffs EXCEPT for the Vitrum. At check-out we witnessed the manager in a confrontation with another guest. She did not handle it skillfully, so perhaps she sets the tone.
On the good side, the rooms are large and bright and attractive – if you like the trendy, modern look. We didn't try the sushi restaurant. The breakfasts were not as good as what we experienced elsewhere. I'd definitely recommend the other hotels over this one -- especially the Duque and the Magnolia.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
vitrumhotel, Director de Recepción at Hotel Vitrum, responded to this review, 2 March 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts on our hotel and services. First of all I would like to apologize on behalf of Vitrum staff staff for the experience let us know in this review.
We just wanted to let you know that we are truly sorry if you felt offended by any of the points you’re telling us about in your review. All of our guests are really important to us and their comfort and safety are always our top priorities.
anywhere
Reviewed 20 November 2012

stayed one night here. Hotel is situated in Palermo, 10 minute walk of plaza serano. Friendly staff. Room consisted of 2 floors: one sitting area with TV and kitchenette downstairs and bedroom with bathroom upstairs. All nicely decorated in modern minimalistic style. Hotel lobby is adjacent to a sushi restaurant of the same hotel. Breakfast in the morning is good. Free wireless. Because of the location the rooms are somewhat pricey,

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Excellent English-speaking staff. A grand room. Nice neighborhood. Sushi in the hotel restaurant. We booked a room here because we heard 3 other travelers rave about this hotel. We were very pleased.

PS - I am a New Yorker, and the hotel served the best cheesecake I have had outside of New York. I believe it was ricotta based.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple