“great stake house”

Cuisines: Argentinian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Palermo
Description: Campobravo es una marca consolidada dentro de la gastronomía argentina, y día a día satisface las necesidades del mercado local e internacional.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

good meat, good service, croudy and fun....I loved. I had lunch last week at lunch time with my son, we had skirt stake, empanadas, rugula salad with cherry tomatos, chorizo mariposa, two villa Vicencio waters, tira de asado ...all for 45 dollars...the service was regular, but the food was very good....I always visit Campo Bravo every time I stop by in Baires....good ...very good grill!!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed at Be Hollywood one block away for 5 nights and had one lunch and two dinners here. Varied menu (in English) and perfectly cooked meat (not too well done as often seems to be the case in Argentina). Busy, but not overly stressed. Only 4 of 5 because of too loud and annoying music one night.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I went with a friend per my boss' recommendation and I thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The Provoletta with rucula and crispy bacon is a must! We ordered that as a starter with a relatively inexpensive bottle of red wine and finished off with the Ojo de Bife Steaks which were cooked perfectly. The steaks don't come with sides unless you order them and they're pretty pricey compared to other spots in the area. they also charge for cubiertos (or place settings) like a lot of fancy places in Buenos Aires which really gets to me since, being form the states I'm not really used to that. Other than the bill it was a great meal tho, will definitely go back on most of my pay days!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

After walking around the neighbourhood, we chose Campo Bravo as it was the busiest restaurant on the strip. The waitress was good and recommended us not to go with the ribs (asado) and choose the steak instead. We were happy with the recommendation, the serving was generous and tasty although slightly overcooked (we ordered rare). The morcilla was also one of the best we had on the trip (and quite different to the black pudding we're used to from the UK).

Overall, we were happy with the meal and thought it was pretty good value at around USD55 for two awesome steaks a bottle of wine and beer.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

My wife and I were convinced to come and eat at Campo Bravo by our hotel staff for New Years eve for a special 3 course dinner with all the wine and champagne thrown in. We duly paid about five times more than we had for any other meal for the duration of our time in Buenos Aires.

First up the restaurant denied that the hotel had made a reservation (after we had been waiting for the pickup from the hotel for 20 mins), then when they eventually decided that we had in fact got a reservation, they promised a pickup would arrive in ten minutes. Forty minutes later the restaurant manager turns up, doesn't apologise for the delay, but announces that he is in fact 'the manager'. This means that all is forgotten and he is in fact ACE!

We get to the restaurant where we have a nice table next to a traffic cone on the main road. The first course was actually pretty good - langoustine brochettes with jamon. We had some good wine, but given we had paid for drinks all night up until midnight, the race was on to even get close to getting our money's worth.

Round two - medium rare steaks turned up, well done/burnt. Served with a round pile of potato and apple cold mix. Not good, not good at all. Still with more red wine, we carried on. It was just a shame they had ruined what could have been a great bit of meat. Choose the way to go, either burnt ends, or a nice tender steak, not burnt lump!

Finally, the dessert, ice cream with a raspberry in middle. Tasty, but not exactly awesome. The area came alive at midnight with some dancing, but apart from having a really nice waiter, the sad feeling of getting ripped off, not apologised to and eating overcooked steak was a tricky sensation to overcome!