“It was OK”

Ranked #231 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Abilene
“It was OK”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The Good: 1. Clean, my room was very clean which I really appreciated.
2. Good location. It was only half a block off of 9 de Julio and a few blocks from Florida.
3. The breakfast. It was definitely an Argentine breakfast so mostly medialunas and stuff to put on them.... but the medialunas were really, really good.

The Mediocre:
1. The staff - Some were really good, others were not so helpful. One of my friends I was traveling with called the front desk to say they were having trouble with the internet (see below). The reply was "its working fine for me." (There were different wifi routers on different floors.) Another time I went to the front door (someone from the front desk has to buzz you in.) The kid working the front desk was on the opposite side of the room and slowly wandered across while texting... which wasn't that big of deal... but sort of indicative of the service.

The Not Great
1. It was noisy. I could clearly hear people talking in another room.
2. The room couldn't be darkened... The metal blinds had holes in it (that's the way there are made) and only sheer curtains... So when the sun came up it was pretty bright.
3. The internet. It was really spotty... and very frustrating. It some of the wireless routers I think needed to be reset...

I can't comment on cost. Over all it was ok... but had some frustrating things to it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank als03c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dublin, Irlanda
Reviewed 23 September 2013

It's a nice hotel. Staff are great and they are very kind and they really want to help you. My room was nice too, very quietly and cleanly. However, despites of the food flavor, I didn’t think that it was too many options at breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ncaltabiano
Barbados
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I was put up here on a business trip so can't comment on the cost. Its adequate for a short stay. The free Wifi was good. The breakfast could do with some improvement. Latinos are fussy about their coffee and this one gets a failing grade. They also need to provide a fruit juice as against the koolaid-like fruit drink. Having siad that the staff were very helpful (I changed to a quieter room. Phone calls were made on my behalf when my airport ride failed to materialise) and its in a good safe central location with plenty places to eat nearby.

Room Tip: Try to get a room not overlooking the road which is pretty busy
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2013

The staff are so friendly and I found the location to be quite central. Teatro Colon and Florida Street is just minutes away by foot. The breakfast was good too. They had typical Argentine breakfast foods of breads, sweet croissants, tarts, but also cereal, fruit, yogurt, ham, and cheese. It's a quiet location too for good sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We stayed on 4 separate occasions during,a 4 week stay in Argentina. Exceptional 3 star hotel in a great location just off 9 July and by the Obelisk. Great check-in, free wifi, and a good breakfast at a great rate makes this a very reasonable hotel.

For some reasons had the best nights sleep e ery time we stayed here. If you are looking for a convenient location, opposite the theatre, walking to Florida Street and Recoleta, this is a great little hotel.

Room Tip: Choose rooms with numbers ending 04 or 05 for best wifi connection,
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Denver, CO
Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Viasui with our tour group at the beginning and then at the end of our visit. The hotel was a decent value and I would stay there again if I had a need to be in the area, but I would choose another part of the city if given the option.

The rooms were standard fare - compact yet not cramped. The bathroom had plenty of room for one person and was clean. A safe was provided for our valuables. We had air conditioning which was lovely (I live in an arid environment).

The front desk provided good service an offered help when we needed it. They also exchange money once per week at a fair rate which was helpful before we left for Patagonia. One note - keep US dollars as they can be spent everywhere in Argentina and Chile - in fact it is preferred in both countries and discounts are offered. We did not know this so we exchanged all of our dollars which was fine too.

What I did not enjoy was the location in the Microcenter but that is partially because I could care less about shopping - I like to eat. The Avenida de Florida was nearby as was the Casa Rosada so we could walk to both. Non-touristy cafe were either non-existent or difficult to find and the only reason we found a non-touristy restaurant in the area was because of our tour leader, an Argentinian.

I did not feel quite content outside the hotel to be honest. I am a frequent visitor to large cities, mostly in the US, and am usually not concerned if by myself. Normally I find that people are overly cautious in their safety reviews, but I would not go by myself at night and would be cautious about side streets during the day. Our Argentinian tour leader was approached twice and asked for all of her money during the daytime when walking near the hotel. To be fair, the perpetrators only said they had weapons (never showed them) and she got away with her money so you can decide for yourself.

• Stayed December 2012
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 December 2012

We were forced to stay here as part of a tour and were very glad we booked another hotel for the extra days we had in BA. The staff were very unfriendly and were really grumpy. The elevator brokedown a couple times while we were in it. Our room had a strange odor. The breakfast was very basic. The neighborhood was very sketchy. It is centrally located which is good and they will buy your US dollars at a good rate. If you do have a choice of where to stay I would skip this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple