“Charming boutique hotel”
Review of Blue Soho Hotel

Blue Soho Hotel
Ranked #390 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I stayed only one night on transfer to the airport and I really struck gold with this charming boutique hotel!! The staff are lovely and their communication was excellent - I had travel problems and didn't reach the hotel until 04:30am but they waited up for me and responded immediately to my emails. Nothing was too much trouble for them (and I pestered them a lot as was worried about arriving so late at night on my own in BA). Finally, the price - I had a concern as the price was significantly less than other hotels nearby but i needn't have worried. My room was beautiful and the breakfast was great. This hotel is a little gem, ooodles of charm and character. I'll definitely stay there again next time in in BA and I'll be bringing my boyfriend
To Anahi especially... a huge thank you!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 November 2012

For those looking for a place at Palermo, Blue Soho is exactly in the middle of the action. Excellent location! However, pictures at the website are quite better than reality.
We were in several friends staying in different rooms. Some of them were happy about their rooms. Unfortunatley, it wasn´t my case. My room looked old, poorly kept, with mold walls and stains along the bathtub. The half wall of the bathroom gives a bad impression and the bathtub outside doesn´t look good either.
There was only a small window, overlooking the hallway. No lights, no air, no privacy. Fortunatly, it wasn´t noisy.
Breakfast was equally poor. On my last day, I had to leave the hotel around 7:30AM, as I had an early flight. Breakfast wasn´t ready yet, and the guy at the front desk (there was always only one person responsible for everything) wasn´t kind enough to offer me something to drink or eat, before checking out.
I left the hotel in fasting and went walking to another hotel in the neighborhood, where I met other friends who were going together to the airport. At their hotel they were having a nice breakfast, where they could order fresh juices, eggs, etc. Big difference, for very few extra dollars!
Almost forgot to say that I had to call the front desk more than once to open the safe. Go figure! They had to come over and open it with a passpartout. I felt very unsafe and sttoped using it.
I booked the room 6 months in advance and asked for the classic room upon my reservation, because I thought it looked nice on th epictures. My friends booked their rooms after mw and didn´t ask for any specific room. They were upgraded to the executive rooms when checking in. We payed the same rate. Lucky them!

Room Tip: Apparently the rooms upstairs with balconies are better. Ask for one like that.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Charming hotel in a great location. I stayed here for one night in between my trip to Posadas and Mendoza and fell so in love with the neighborhood that I changed hotels for my last week in Buenos Aires just so I could stay in Palermo. Customer service was great and there was always someone available who spoke English. The rooms are a bit small but very charming and lovely. It's not exactly quiet but I'm not terribly noise sensitive. My only two cons were there weren't a lot of plugs and the safe was entirely too small. I couldn't fit my laptop in it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2012

if you're looking to stay in palermo, blue soho hotel is centrally located. the rooms, however, have paper thin walls and the hotel itself is very echoey. it's not the kind of place where you can relax and get a good nights sleep. the staff is particularly unhelpful there. one of the receptionist in particular gave me directions to a place using the SUBTE assuring me that the subte workers were not on strike, despite the information i had received. to my dismay, after walking 9 blocks to the subway, it turned out that it was in fact closed for another 2 days. save your money an go elsewhere!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2012

in the hearth of poshy Palermo, great renovation for this boutique hotel, the guys and girls at reception offer an awesome service, but beds are afwul and cleaning services is definitely not the best

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2012

The beds were uncomfortable. The hotel is *very* noisy. The rooms are small, nicely decorated, but more of a loft than a hotel room.

The excellent location and friendly service may make up for that, but it depends on your preferences.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

We were lucky that we bought a cheaper room but obtained a superior one.

We stayed in the Urban Room. Other reviews can be true about dirtiness or messy rooms in terms of TV and cables etc.

In our stay, the hotel served us amazingly, the room had no TV, which was a favour for us. Urban room is quite confortable and beautiful.

The breakfast was very simple but tasteful. The unique problem we had was about the bed. In spite of being really confortable and having a great quality of linen, there were two single beds attached by a fitted sheet making it a double bed (fake).

Even with this minor prob, I do recommend Blue Soho and specially the Urban Room!

• Stayed: February 2012