“GREAT argentine food experience!”
Review of Calden del Soho

Calden del Soho
Ranked #14 of 4,942 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Palermo
“GREAT argentine food experience!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

AMAZING, TASTY, GREAT EXPERIENCE! Mix of local Argentinian food and way of cooking with some different and sophisticated touch!
I am a very open minded person and usually only wait until I get an experience about something to judge, though a friend had highly recommended this place to me... When you travel a lot you become a bit more exquisite and demanding, so I didnt want to go to the places they recommend in a hotel, which are usually over expensive and crowded.
To be very honest, the experience of eating at Calden was very very good. All the food we had tried was so tasty. First we got some starters and then the owner sent a bit of some other starters for us just to try, (we had not asked for them since we couldn´t decide which ones to get).
The pasta and "Bife de chorizo" were our selection for a main course, and they were simply delicious. A BIG APPLAUSE TO THE CHEF! The dessert was also excellent: We took the pankakes and the tiiramisu.
The most outstanding thing about this place was not only how the food was cooked and how well it tasted, but the atmosphere and the people. The waiter was really nice and the owner was around the place making sure we were all very comfortable. In the end, I think people DO make a difference.
I would totally recommend this to my acquaintances and will definitely go for it when I go back to argentina!

• Visited April 2014

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ready to go back! ”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I am a foodie. I always enjoying trying new places and trying different cuisine. The food here was delicious, the atmosphere was great, service was attentive (which I find rare in Argentina) and the best part the prices were low! If I had more time in Buenos Aires, I would definitely go back.

1 Thank Katy K
Rochester, Minnesota
“Best food in town”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I've relied on trip advisor for so many recommendations and because of our recent experience at Calden del soho, I'm finally writing a review. We ate at a few different expensive steakhouses while in BA, but the steak at Calden del soho was the best! Every aspect was perfect-food was amazing, service was excellent and the prices were very reasonable.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Damon1443
Andorra la Vella Parish, Andorra
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stumbled upon El Calden late one evening. We were looking to eat a light meal. We ordered the arugula salad with parmesan, grilled vegetables, and salmon sorrentino pasta. Everything was delicious. We concluded the meal with a tiramisu, which was really good.

• Visited July 2014
Buenos aries
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I have traveled around the world but this is a great place. Amazing steak at a very good price. Lenten the wine is cheap but excellent quality.

One of the best steaks I have had.

Nice place staff friendly relaxed atmosphere.

I am Irish but have to say Argentina beef is excellent.

Will be back tomorrow if I am able.

1 Thank Todterry14