Tanguero Boutique Hotel
Fierro Hotel Buenos Aires(Buenos Aires)
US$217
US$914
US$755
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Alvear Palace Hotel(Buenos Aires)
US$479
US$196
US$185
US$153
Travelocity
Bulnes Eco Suites(Buenos Aires)
US$157
US$103
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssmall hotelcentral locationflorida avenuethe staff was friendly and helpfulour room was spaciouswithin walking distanceeach morningrecommend this hoteltangoargentinamicrocentrolobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in January and found the hotel excellent. Staff were very helpful especially with wifi access and were pleasant and accommodating of English speakers. We were disappointed that the bar does not operate as a bar - more a decoration - but they referred us to the restaurant/bar across the road (Etre) and it operates like an extension of the hotel. We had a pick up coming and the staff from the Tanguero came and got us from Etre! The hotel rooms are lovely, old-fashioned, huge beds, nice bathrooms and terrific black-out curtains for the morning sun. Breakfast was fresh - they made pancakes for us and fresh fruit salad. The location is great for shopping and access to laundry facilities (if you have a huge bag of washing like we did!) but at night time it was a bit dodgy. Safer to stay inside in the wee hours. None of us was disappointed in this hotel. Would love to go back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Let me start by saying that this hotel is beautiful. The rooms are like suites and are clean and charming. It is centrally located and is a great price for the room that you stay in. We totally fell in love with it once we stepped in the door.That being said, the neighborhood is somewhat deserted at night. Its bustling during the day but I became uncomfortable at night when everyone leaves the area. We prefered a location in Recoleta during our first part of our trip for dining and walking around in the evenings.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We stayed in the Tanuero Boutique Hotel for 3 nights.
Whilst the hotel reception staff did not speak much English (that was our problem not their's) we got by ok.
The quality of the room we had at the back was excellent. It was large, quiet, comfortable and clean.
We had requested a Double and when we arrived it was two singles. We explained and when we came back from a walk the room was sorted - an excellent double (made up from two singles but you could not tell the join from lying in the bed)
Breakfast was basic but good enough.
Excellent Italian restaurant (Brocolinni) around the corner (speaks English), an excellent Steak restaurant along the road and a cafe at the end selling good beer)
All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel
All in all

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I found this hotel by chance, walking around in Bs As looking for ideas for my next visit with relatives (which are rather picky). I walked in to find out information and was dealt with in a profesional still personal manner.
We came back 5 months later and stayed 3 nights. What a pleasant place to be! The building itself is perfectly located, with many attractions and possibilities (like the wonderful Galerías Pacífico) just a couple of blocks away. Everything in this place has been made with care and love for detail, and it doesn't stop on the lift, like in other places with flashy receptions and pale rooms. Quite the opposite, the rooms are cosy, nicely decorated and the tango-atmosphere can be enjoyed.
Breakfast is typical Argentinean affair: coffee, medialunas, marmelade. But then some other things on top that could at least satisfy people that do not want to leave their usual breakfast: tosts, yogurt, cereal, fruits, jam, cheese, some other pastry, etc. Although somewhat limited, the quality is still even better than in most hotels in Argentina, a place where breakfast is usually not THE meal of the day.
Internet worked all over the hotel with the wireless connection.
The only gripe was at the time of checking out, when they experience some inconvenient with their newly installed creditcard validating system and it took a few minutes, but it was just another opportunity to chat with the truly nice people at the reception. From the girl from reservations department, to the receptionist, the bellboys and the cleaning ladies, everybody seems to care that you have a nice time.
Wondeful!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I have to be honest: I only had to go to Tanguero Hotel by accident: due to the Puyehue volcano activity, I had a cancelled flight and couldn't leave Buenos Aires until the next day, and there weren't rooms available at the previous hotel I stayed. So my travel agency booked me this hotel, and I'm sure it would be better if I have stayed there for the whole trip.

It's very well located, very close to the other hotel I was before. However, it's definitely a boutique hotel, absolutely pittoresque with lots of Tango related details. My room was called "Cuartito Azul", after the famous tango from Mario Battistella. Very nice decoration in my room and also by the restaurant and the whole furniture is antique looking, but definitely new.

My whole room experience was excellent and wifi was working perfectly and free of charge. Breakfast isn't great, but I can't complaint. Staff was very attentive and nice. Tanguero Hotel is definitely a great place to stay and I sure recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business