“Be careful with your baggage”

Hotel San Antonio Buenos Aires
Ranked #233 of 446 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Be careful with your baggage”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

The hotel is medium but I believe the personnel have some kind of “business” with the thieves that go around the area. I had lunch there because I believe that the restaurant was a secure place. I was wrong. Without any notice, a man entered the restaurant and took my purse. When I began to scream the personnel wasn’t helpful or kind at all. They said they didn’t see anybody and ask me to pay the lunch!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank JulieBA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Province of La Spezia, Italy
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel on a business trip and as a single traveller was given a single room which despite being only a few dollars cheaper than the doubles was basically a cupboard with a tiny, uncomfortable single bed, barely enough room to put my suitcase down and no chair, table or desk - completely unsuitable for a place which bills itself as a business hotel. The room was very stuffy with air conditioning that didn't work properly and walls that were so paper thin that I was woken up several times on the couple of nights I stayed by the couple next door using the bathroom (I could actually hear them peeing right by my head, while the plumbing was incredibly loud). I had what were two of the worst nights' sleep I have ever had while on a very busy work schedule. Also they say they have a restaurant which was important to me as a single female traveller but as it turns out in the evening they only offer one dish so if you don't like that you are out of options. I asked to change room on the first day, I was prepared to pay for a double, and was told it was full that night so I would have to wait till the next day. When the next day came they then told me they had given away all the doubles. So clearly they wanted to keep me in a single which otherwise they might not sell, making me feel frankly like a second class guest although per person I was paying more than anyone else in the hotel. I checked out as soon as possible, then to add insult to injury they completely messed up the payment, the card number for which had already been submitted by my company to their agency, refused to recognise the booking receipt I had for that, and took the money off my personal credit card which I had given as a guarantee for services without my permission. When I challenged that they were extremely rude, it caused me great problems and took a lot of time out of my business trip just sorting that out. They actually accused me of possibly having fabricated the receipt for the payment on my computer, despite the fact that it was sent in an email from the travel staff at my company, which is a large global corporation. I actually couldn't believe that the staff could behave so arrogantly and with such discourteousness.

I am not a fussy traveller and I have stayed in all sorts of places on my travels and never felt moved to write such a commentary. And I should note that I did see a double room and it was better size-wise, though still not worth the money. If you are a single traveller, avoid like the plague - you will be stuck in what is essentially a utilities closet and forgotten about. To sum up, awful room, worse service and I wouldn't return if you paid me. There are much better options for similar money around.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank happytraveller501
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Great if not lavish hotel. Martin at the front desk is a true gentleman!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 29 July 2011

hotel staff was very friendly and the hotel itself was very well located, walking distance from Calle Florida and Galerias Pacífico. Good bedrooms, nice breakfast included.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank ThiSardenberg
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 6 January 2011

I stayed here about 4 times 2 years prior (2009). Apparently that was shortly after their renovation. It was marvelous and I loved it (minus the callous, rude reception staff). Having now returned it's filthy! The walls are peeling, extremely dirty, and in extremely desperate need of re-painting throughout. Deep cleaning (even semi-deep!) is entirely ignored. The moulding in the bathrooms is black and rotting out, separating from the walls. The towells have holes and stains and are haggard and thin. The entire hotel has a perpetual cloud of bleach stench. The bathtub that was painted (yes, painted!) is about 15% peeled off.

The "breakfast" was offensive with undrinkable coffee and cold, dead "croissants" that appeared to have been extracted from the deep freeze from months prior. I'd really like to see them try to swallow their own food... what little they had to offer! The restaurant was likewise completely tattered, in absence of any measure of upkeep since I was here last. Some of the the same disgruntled reception staff is still here... with no improvement in their surly, crass dispassion for life and comfort/ service unto their guests.

Also, they do construction work (hammering) during the siesta (12-3pm) so good luck taking a rest! (not to mention the endless hydraulic/ elevator equip. sound behind the walls relentlessly. This place is no longer plush. It's tired and grossly neglected. There are other hotels in BsAs that are a much better value. Choose this for it's location only if this is where you really need to be.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Adamizer
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 December 2010

Three of us were late arriving at about 01.00am. Although we had two rooms reserved, we were offered only one. We insisted that we must have two rooms as per the original booking. The duty manager left us for about ten minutes and upon his return said that we could now have two rooms. I was on the eighth floor in a very large room. As usual, I check the bed for cleanliness and was horrified to find pubic hairs on the sheets. Inspection of the large bathroom revealed more hair on used soap and part used shampoo & shower gel. As I had been on a mountaineering trip, I decided to unpack my sleeping bag slept on the floor. One week later, our guide stayed here and copied my complaint to them. They were "non committal."

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank therankinfile
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Great location close to the city center and Puerto Madero Area.
Quiet rooms, due to have only 4 rooms on each floor.
Only the breakfast that should be improved, perhaps with fresh fruits or some more options.
Good conditions on the room and bathroom. Everything very clean and Ok.

Stayed September 2010, travelled solo