“This hotel has tiny rooms, is older and rather noisy”

Hotel San Antonio Buenos Aires
Ranked #226 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Vancouver, BC, Canada
“This hotel has tiny rooms, is older and rather noisy”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I stayed here from May 2 - May 5, 2013 as part of a tour. Some people were sharing rooms, whilst in my case I had my own. When I entered the room I was shocked at just how small it was. I had great trouble laying down my suit cases, let alone opening them up. Once I did open them up I had to jump over them to try and find the floor!

On top of that there was an adjoining door to the next room. You could literally hear the people in the other room talking. In addition, the room next to me has the bathroom right next to my bed. Every time the toilet was flushed in the room next to mine, the shower used or the faucets turned on, it would make a loud noise. I had ear plugs too whilst I slept though that did still not make much of a difference.

Breakfast was OK here; nothing special. The location is very good though and the staff seemed helpful at the front desk.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I traveled with an tour operator through South America and Buenos Aires was the last station on our trip, booked by the agency. Very charming place inside, nice service, clean rooms, although
very small, good breakfast, very good service - good and safe location to go out in the evening, to visit the Puerto Madero, the Plaza de Mayo etc.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank schicc
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2013 via mobile

Great location for a safe way to explore the city. My room was small but ok the breakfast was ok

I enjoyed the bars on the streets near by where you can people watch

Easy walking distance to lots of the sights

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank DKBNZTRAVELLER
London, Canada
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We stayed four nights at this hotel and have no complaints. The staff was friendly and the breakfast offered decent selection of eggs, toast, juice, etc. The room was a bit small but clean, bright, modern, and very comfortable. The location was great as you can walk to major tourist attractions such as the Casa Rosada, Florida Street, etc.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dpmf
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 16 April 2012

The hotel is medium but I believe the personnel have some kind of “business” with the thieves that go around the area. I had lunch there because I believe that the restaurant was a secure place. I was wrong. Without any notice, a man entered the restaurant and took my purse. When I began to scream the personnel wasn’t helpful or kind at all. They said they didn’t see anybody and ask me to pay the lunch!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank JulieBA
Province of La Spezia, Italy
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel on a business trip and as a single traveller was given a single room which despite being only a few dollars cheaper than the doubles was basically a cupboard with a tiny, uncomfortable single bed, barely enough room to put my suitcase down and no chair, table or desk - completely unsuitable for a place which bills itself as a business hotel. The room was very stuffy with air conditioning that didn't work properly and walls that were so paper thin that I was woken up several times on the couple of nights I stayed by the couple next door using the bathroom (I could actually hear them peeing right by my head, while the plumbing was incredibly loud). I had what were two of the worst nights' sleep I have ever had while on a very busy work schedule. Also they say they have a restaurant which was important to me as a single female traveller but as it turns out in the evening they only offer one dish so if you don't like that you are out of options. I asked to change room on the first day, I was prepared to pay for a double, and was told it was full that night so I would have to wait till the next day. When the next day came they then told me they had given away all the doubles. So clearly they wanted to keep me in a single which otherwise they might not sell, making me feel frankly like a second class guest although per person I was paying more than anyone else in the hotel. I checked out as soon as possible, then to add insult to injury they completely messed up the payment, the card number for which had already been submitted by my company to their agency, refused to recognise the booking receipt I had for that, and took the money off my personal credit card which I had given as a guarantee for services without my permission. When I challenged that they were extremely rude, it caused me great problems and took a lot of time out of my business trip just sorting that out. They actually accused me of possibly having fabricated the receipt for the payment on my computer, despite the fact that it was sent in an email from the travel staff at my company, which is a large global corporation. I actually couldn't believe that the staff could behave so arrogantly and with such discourteousness.

I am not a fussy traveller and I have stayed in all sorts of places on my travels and never felt moved to write such a commentary. And I should note that I did see a double room and it was better size-wise, though still not worth the money. If you are a single traveller, avoid like the plague - you will be stuck in what is essentially a utilities closet and forgotten about. To sum up, awful room, worse service and I wouldn't return if you paid me. There are much better options for similar money around.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank happytraveller501
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Great if not lavish hotel. Martin at the front desk is a true gentleman!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo