All reviews leather jacket the main bus terminal serviced daily night shift tienda leon safe location workout room great hotel helpful in every way giving directions breakfast was included beautiful neighborhood plaza san martin nice amenities rooftop patio three rooms great advice
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We spent just a couple of nights at this hotel. We found it a great value--breakfast was pretty generous and varied, the rooms were in excellent state and the hotel is located in a very quiet corner of the center of Buenos Aires. It's a short walk to the main attractions and historical downtown core. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: January 2019
Gustavo A, Gerente at Carles Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Sebastian, thank you very much for your valuable comment, we are glad that you liked the hotel, enjoyed our varied breakfast and that you could take advantage of our privileged location; as you say our hotel is strategically located near several tourist attractions and the downtown area, but not as near as to feel the crowds and the busy atmosphere that you could get in there.
Thank you for choosing us, looking forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

General manager

Reviewed 12 January 2019 via mobile

What a pleasant comforting surprise after a three week spoiling cruise to continue with perfect comfort; including cleanliness, neat decor, nice size room, best shower, tasty fresh breakfast, best location and friendly staff.
Did I mention already the word PERFECT?

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay, we are glad it was so positive and that you consider us perfect for what you needed in Buenos Aires! It was a pleasure for us making you feel comfortable and well attended while you enjoyed your last days of what it seems to have been an excellent vacation!
Thank you for choosing us, looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 12 January 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights during my stay in Buenos Aires. The hotel is well located in Retiro. It was walkable to a range of different bars, restaurants and shopping.

The room was on the smaller side but comfortable and well serviced daily. All of the employees were very cheery and welcoming.

Breakfast has a good cold selection, smaller hot one.

Like another reviewer says. The WiFi dips a little bow and then. It’s didn’t stop me using it for whatever I needed, was just sometimes a little slower loading.

I would recommend and stay again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Gustavo A, Manager at Carles Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2019

Dear valued guest, thank you for writing a review about your stay at Carles Hotel, glad you liked the location and specially that you felt well attended by our staff, it is our main goal to make you fell at home while you enjoy visitng Buenos Aires.
I am very sorry about the wifi issue. As I answered on the other comment you mention of some days ago, we had a particular issue on these first days of January with the internet network that required days of the technician trying different things to solve it until we could finally fix the problem. Now the wifi is working Ok with the good speed of always and without the sudden dips. I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and for us not being able to fix it quickly during your stay.
Hope you had an excellent time here in Buenos Aires, looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit!

Reviewed 10 January 2019

I truly appreciated the location of the Carles. The room was clean and quiet, large TV, only one english speaking channel (if you care about such things). Breakfast was included and was perfectly fine. Staff was very kind and attentive. I could easily see myself living in this neighborhood in Buenos Aires. Lot's of things close by to see and do. It was a wonderful stay and would come back again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear valued guest, on behalf of all the staff here at Carles Hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay, and for granting us the perfect score! Glad you liked the Hotel and the neighborhood, as you say we are really close to several tourist locations and trendy restaurants and bars.
Thank you for choosing us, looking forward to accommodating you on your next visit!
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 January 2019 via mobile

If you’re only looking for a nice room then this is the place for you. Lovely, comfortable rooms, with a teapot to boil water for instant coffee in the morning. They also have a mini refrigerator in the room and you can purchase water etc from the fridge, although it might be free. They have coke and a couple beers in the fridge along with sparkling water. They do provide a bottle of water for free. I don’t see the charges for the other items but I figure they are not free, but maybe? The service is excellent and they are giving us a late check out as we have a late flight out tomorrow. The rooms look like the photos but feel even nicer when you see in person. The bathrooms are upscale with bathrobes etc. Good location too. We stayed for 2 nights after a cruise and it’s only 1 1/2 miles from the port. They charged us $15 to bring us 1.5 miles which was price gauging but we had no other choice. There’s a lady outside, the port terminal, that hails the taxis and tells you the price. The line was pretty quick. Otherwise taxis are plentiful and cheap. My one BIG complaint is the WiFi is terrible on the 9th floor in room 901. It works better if I hold the phone outside the door. I advised the front desk it’s a real issue. They need more WiFi extenders/bridges or whatever up here to make it better. Only one of us could be on WiFi at a time, and even then it shut down sporadically. The WiFi in the lobby works so I know it’s the set up. If they fixed that everything is nearly perfect. I suggest asking for a lower floor and maybe you’ll get better WiFi. They said they would move us to another room, but too much of a hassle for 2 days. But I’m paying extra for regular international internet as the WiFi is so bad. An extra $20 per day. They have no English channels, but it’s not a big deal for us.

Dear Sonja,

Thank you vey much for taking the time to write such a detailed and valuable review of your stay at Carles Hotel, glad you found the room and the strategic location near terminals of different transportation means including the cruise terminal. I have to apologize for the wifi issue, unfortunately you were at the hotel at the days that the wifi had serious issues and we had to change the router. Probably the receptionist couldn't help you explaining the problem because even the technician couldn't be precise of what was happening and it was not until we bought a new router and replaced the previous one that he could verify that that was the problem. Now our wifi has gone back to the high speed and quality connection that our guests have always mentioned as a hotel strength. Again we are very sorry for the inconveniences this may have caused, hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again so you can enjoy our powerful wifi working normaly.
Hope you spent some excellent days in Buenos Aires!
Kind regards