“Best steak I ever had”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Palermo
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Honestly, I have had a lot of good steak in Argentina and I wasnt even expecting this much as I thought it was just a touristy spot to eat another good steak in Buenos Aires.... I was tought better! The waiters are attentive and give good recomendations, allthough tend to bring you too much. We had half (400g!!!) of the lomo and half of the Ojo de bife and both were cooked perfectly and melting in our mouths. It was amazing. They bring you a lot of small condiments with it and also refill them if you want. But dont waste your appetite on them. My second visit I made it to desert which was also not bad. But its all about the steaks. The list is so long, there are many reasons to go back. Nice interior. I think you can reserve during the week but not on the weekend, so go early or late, otherwise expect to cue.
Yes, its a bit more expensive than other parillas in Buenos Aires but if I pay 180 pesos for a 400g steak, I cannot really complain.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,036)

Reviewed 25 July 2014

There are much better restaurants in Buenos Aires. Like Sucre and Tomo I, I made the reservation here based on its place on the San Pelligrino list. La Cabrera does not deserve to be on there.

First -- terrible reservations and service. We made our reservation at the original restaurant down the street. Our flight arrived in Buenos Aires later than scheduled, so we asked the Park Hyatt to please call the restaurant to see if we could move our reservation back. The concierge told us that La Cabrera said it was fine and that they would be holding our table. When we got there (we arrived at La Cabrera Norte), they told us that our reservation was at the original restaurant, so we went there. At La Cabrera, the host outside very rudely told us that they had cancelled our table (um, hello, Park Hyatt JUST called!) and that we should try La Cabrera Norte. So back we went up the street to try back there again.

We ordered pork shoulder and a good quality steak. They were both served extremely, extremely overdone. I'm talking rubbery pork and grey inside meat. The sides were meh/okay, but many of them seemed like they came from a can. We told our waiter that the meat was overdone -- It was inedible! He apologizes and looks regretful, but he does not comp anything. Instead, he gives us a book about the restaurant. Why would he think we want a book about a restaurant famous for its meat that served us terrible meat?! Sigh. Don't waste your money here.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We went here for lunch; the service was informed and friendly, the food was delicious and same for the wine. One of the most atmospheric restaurants I've been to, any where. Totally recommend La Cabrera Norte. Couple of observations: don't order too much, as the helpings are enormous, and the waiter will offer a wide range of complimentary side dishes (pickled garlic, mashed potato, sweet corn, various relishes, a green salad...). My friend and I ordered a half portion of the most perfectly cooked steak (medium rare) with a salad of Tomatoes, Hearts of Palm and avocado - we asked for a doggy bag & will have it in a sandwich before heading to the Teatro Colon for the opera tonight!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We had an absolutely amazing meal at La Cabrera Norte. I'd recommend booking a table on their website well in advance to ensure you get a table. The atmosphere was really cool with all kinds of fun and funky antiques all around and the food was absolutely amazing. They started us off with a salad course, very fresh and clean. Then on to the meat. so. much. meat. and really good! My husband really enjoyed his milanesa steak as it was the best he had all over argentina. We also got this ridiculous dessert that was a crepe with dolce de lecce and ice cream. YUM.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

There is no question that La Cabrera Norte, like La Cabrera right up the street, is touristy. But, it is also great fun. The décor is unique and the wait staff attentive. The menu is extensive and the portions are enormous - was too large to finish even when you are sharing with others. The entrees come with a variety of small side dishes. Our beef was cooked perfectly and we enjoyed it immensely, along with the wine. However, the highlight of the meal was the provoleta - the grilled provolone appetizer. Don't miss it - it's absolutely delicious!!

2  Thank SeeingTheWordFromORD