“A Perfect Stay, a Perfect Place!!!”
Review of Casa Calma Hotel

Casa Calma Hotel
Ranked #4 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 11 May 2010

I stayed with my Wife for 3 days at this Friendly, Charmy, Nice hotel.- It has a Perfect Location, Lovely Service, everyone in the Staff is after you, trying to serve you, and to make you feel like you are at your Home.-
You have to see how rooms are, plenty of Spàce and very , very neat decorated.-
I really suggested this place to have a wonderfull stay as I did!!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 May 2010

My wife and I stayed here for our first 2 nights in Buenos Aires after reading TA reviews and finding a great price online.

The rooms are massive (Wellness Premium), fresh, clean and nicely set out. The addition of the Jacuzzi and sauna were a nice touch, as was the fresh jug of juice each day.

Location wise Casa Calma is "Downtown Buenos Aires" and we found it perfect for walking up to San Telmo (superb Sunday market), down to the harbour area, Puerto Madero and over to Recoleta to stroll in the parks and cemetery.

That said, the street where Casa Calma is located, Suipacha, is narrow and exceptionally busy.... which does unfortunately make it very loud when trying to sleep, likewise when you step out the front door..... it's far from "relaxing". (Maybe the rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter).

We enjoyed our stay here but decided to stay elsewhere after returning to BA at the end of our trip.

Staff were nice and the breakfast was good. If you need to be in the Suipacha area then it's a good hotel but pack your earplugs, there are over 13m people in BA.... and a fair few of them commute down Suipacha!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank v0lc0m
Reviewed 15 April 2010

When our taxi stopped in front of CasaCalma my wife and I said to the taxi driver...'you are at the wrong address'. The street this hotel is on is so crowded and polluted that a hotel reputed to be health oriented could not be on this street.
The staff were young and poorly trained.
The breakfast shrank each day, the room though spacious, as my wife said, was decorated for the pleasure of the owner and not the guests. The chair next to the bed was so uncomfortable it was torture to sit in it for any length of time.
Most of the services and accommodations were not genuine, comfortable or fit the original description.
On the return to Buenos Aires we stayed in another hotel that was half the price and perfect for everything.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
CasaCalmaWellness, Manager at Casa Calma Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2010

I am manger for CasaCalma Wellness Hotel, I would like to let you know that it would have been great if you would let us know your comments the date that happened and no 6 moths later. That way I am sure, we would have solved them in time. And hopefully, your experience would have been better.
CasaCalma is located in downtown, usually in big citys as Buenos Aires, downtown its a crowded place. That’s why we have in all windows double glaze that does the most hermetic environments. Also our building is wrapped with plants that act like filters and contribute to the thermal balance, collaborating with the saving of energy and the sonorous pollution.
Regarding breakfast, all products are homemade and organic, we try to change small details and some products every day, so guests that stay for many nights are not obligated to eat the same food every day. I am sorry you did not like it, if you would as let us know what were your breakfast preferences, we would have been happy to prepare them specially for you.
Regarding the room and its decoration, people have different tastes, so you can like it or not. The owners of the hotel, are people who travel a lot and stayed at very good hotels around the globe. They took everything they liked and tried to give a nice experience to their guests at CasaCalma. I am truly sorry you did not like it.
As you can see in most of the other comments, the thing people like most of the hotel is the STAFF, the decoration of the rooms and the fact that we are an eco-friendly hotel

Reviewed 12 April 2010

I have been to Buenos Aires many times and always make a point of staying somewhere different. There is a good choice of quality boutique hotels in the city these days. Without a doubt, Casa Calma is top of my list. Everything about it was fantastic. The staff are brilliant, so friendly, which you don't always get in BsAs. They even helped arrange for me to take mý pregnant wife to hospital when she had a bit of a scare on a Saturday night. The beds re so comfy I didn't want to ever get up. The rooms are really lovely and the little touches and attention to detail are befitting of a far more expensive hotel. Location is great if you want to be central and although I prefer Palermo as an area, I will in future stay at Casa Calma and get a taxi.

Wonderful place and I can't thank the staff enough for everything they did for us.

Reviewed 29 March 2010

My husband and I stayed there for a few nights and LOVED it. At first we were a little skeptical because it is right in the heart of the bustling downtown area. He is a light sleeper and was afraid he would be up all night with the traffic. I don't know what kind of fantastic windows they have but you couldn't even hear someone honking a horn outside from the lobby. Our room on the 9th floor was completely silent, immaculate, and large. The bed was SO comfortable too. They have free internet downstairs and the front desk goes out of the way to help you have the best stay imaginable. It was raining on the day we left and the front desk person was outside in the pouring rain holding an umbrella over my husband's head! Plus, It is so centrally located, that you can walk to the train station, subway, the port, the best shopping, and ALL of the major sights like Recoleta, Plaza de Mayo, etc. We only took two taxi rides the whole time we were there. It was literally the perfect stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2010

It was awesome!!
The hotel is perfect, very clean, organized and very beautiful.
The staff are helpful and friendly.

Before coming to the hotel I asked the staff to make some changes to my room (add some candles, flowers, rose petals..) and a lot of other things to make a perfect moment to propose my girlfriend.. they did it all and in a very beautiful way!!

For sure I will come back and I highly recommend it

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2010

We stayed here for six nights at the start of our 3 week honeymoon in Argentina. The hotel is located in Microcentro/Retiro very close to Plaza San Martin. We walked to many places - Recoleta, San Telmo, Puerto Madero. We had a Wellness Premium room. The hotel faces onto a fairly busy street (Suipacha) but there was really not much noise. There are only 2 rooms per floor so it was lovely and quiet. We arrived early in the day on a long flight from Paris but our room was available to us. Staff are very very helpful and really nice and friendly. Our room was fantastic. The bed was huge. Great pillows. Really comfy and had the best sleeps of the entire trip!. The room was a great place to crash at the end of a long day walking around the city - really spacious. There was a large jacuzzi (big enough for two) and a small sauna (1person). Breakie was served in the room each morning at no extra charge. We had room service one night and the food was good. There is a daily turndown service and infused mineral water (different flavour each day) was left in the room. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple