“Lovely decor, pretty and unpretentious boutique hotel”

Hotel boutique BONITO Buenos Aires
Ranked #23 of 256 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 March 2011

This hotel is exactly what it says it is - carefully and thoughtfully decorated, a hidden gem. The rooms were lovely (I slept in two different ones) especially the one with the massive shower. The staff were incredibly helpful and gave us advice on where to eat, as well as organising a good rate for taxis. I only have two minor points - poor coffee (not made in a proper coffee machine) in the morning, a big disappointment in a city of coffee drinkers, and slightly scrappy finishing on the walls around the jacuzzi bath. For this price I would have expected everything to be perfect. However, these are tiny points and I would recommend this place to anyone wanting a bit of old style glamour.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel boutique BONITO Buenos Aires

Reviewed 27 February 2011

Amazing hotel in walking distance from many of the main sights.
A little tricky to find from the street/for the taxi drivers.
Lovely atmosphere and spaceous clean rooms, all unique, and with aircon. Very helpful staff. Excellent breakfast including freshly squeezed orange juice.

A place with real sharm.
Will recommend this place to my friends, and definitly stay here again next time I come to town.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 7 February 2011

I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. I loved the artwork and room layout in #305 - Carmen “Raya” Alonso. There is safe, refrigerator, TV, microwave-oven and everything you could possible need. Beware of the noise coming from the cars outside it can be a problem for some light sleeper. The hotel arranged pick up from and to airport was flawless and very, very convenient.

The cleaning service was okay. - The first day my bathroom was not cleaned at all and the waste bins were full because I got an early check-in. The owner acknowledged that the room wasn’t ready.

The location in Montserratt was good. It felt safe and was quiet without too many tourists. I would recommend taking a cab at night time. Within walking distance to tourist-attractions, Feria San Telmo, the Centre, subway stops, restaurants, cafes.

The breakfast was perfect. The juices were even hand squeezed from mandarins! The staff was friendly and helpful especially Natali. I love how Natali help me with the directions, tips, restaurants, etc. I didn’t get lost in BA because of her.

All in all a really amazing experience. I will stay again at Bonito next time I'm in Buenos Aires. My trip to BA was great, thank you Natali and Bonito!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 January 2011

We really enjoyed our stay in this charming hotel. We loved the pleasant room with its beautiful decoration and comfortable bath-tub, refrigerator, TV, microwave-oven and everything you could possible need. In this big city it was great to have a quiet, homely place to rest. The bed was on a “second floor”, so one of us could sleep while the other was reading or on the Internet.
The location in Montserratt was good. It felt safe and was quiet without too many tourists. Within walking distance to great shops, tourist-attractions, downtown B.A., subway stops, restaurants, cafes.
The breakfast was perfect. The juices were even hand squeezed from mandarins! The staff was friendly and helpful.
W strongly recommend this hotel where we spent three weeks! We will be back next year!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2011

This hotel may be a good choice for a student or young couple looking for an alternative to a hostel, but it's not for a middle-aged couple like me and my wife who expect some basic level of comfort. Yes, the staff is nice, and all features they advertise are there, but:
- the room is designed with two levels, with "bedroom" located on a balcony accessible by a narrow staircase; going to a bathroom at night is an adventure;
- there is no closet or any place to hang up your clothes, so we had to live out of suitcases placed on the floor (on the main level, not near the bed)
- the hotel is located in the residential area that is supposedly "improving" - but for now there is a lot of trash on the streets, and you definitely don't want to walk there after dark.
- the nearest street where there are any services for tourists (say a place to have a cup of coffee) is 10-15 minutes away, so every time you have to walk through unpleasant neighborhood with uneven pavement.
- when we asked our hostess to recommend a tango show to visit, she arranged a visit to their "default" place that was cheap in more than one sense - 500 people eating dinner in a huge crammed restaurant with waiters going back and forth while dancers do something on a stage far away that's hard to see. Most of the crowd were 20-somethings and they seemed to like it anyway...

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2011

We found it to be a very nice hotel and the staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were different and very pleasant eg. the artwork, room layout. I would stay there again.
We arrived late at night and were greeted warmly. The breakfast was yummy and ther was plenty to eat.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2010

After having read all the great Bonito reviews on TripAdvisor, I was pretty confident that we would be staying in a really great boutique hotel. The moment of truth, though, was truly disappointing. It all started in the airport taxi that had to drive 5 times around the block before spotting the hotel - there are no signs whatsoever that Bonito is in the building where it actually is. This hotel is definitely NOT located in San Telmo, but rather is a very strange neighborhood on the other side of Av. 9 de Julio. The walking distance to the city center is not too big, but the streets and buildings around do not give one a safe feeling, especially not in the evening.

Our room had a very original design, and so did the hotel lobby and the breakfast area.

The cleaning service was a bit disappointing too - the second day our bathroom was not cleaned at all and the waste bins were full. The only thing the cleaning lady did was make our bed.

Breakfast was good, but nothing special. We actually had a feeling we were left hungry.

The staff were very friendly and tried to help with their advice but often gave the wrong tips. We were for example encouraged to go walking to the Boca area, although this is not really safe.

Having said all this, I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple