“Great small boutique hotel”

Hotel Boutique Raco de Buenos Aires
Ranked #161 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I truly enjoyed my short stay at this hotel. The best asset of the hotel is the staff, friendly and helpful.

Nicely decorated rooms. The only thing I wasn’t crazy about, was the fact that my room did not have a window. There is natural light provided by big glass front door, which lead to a communal patio.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone…

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank MariuszKluzniak
Julyro, Manager at Hotel Boutique Raco de Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you very much for your review, we appreciate the time and effort you put into it. Lovely words!

We would like to let our guests know a little bit more about the hotel’s architecture.

The mansion where Racó de Buenos Aires was born, was built in 1904, and has been selected as part of the city’s heritage. We have worked hard to maintain the original structure of the house, while at the same time, giving it the modern twist it needed; just enough to fuse the antique with the contemporary.
The old wooden doors, high ceilings, original floors, and transom windows you may find in each room, are what makes this hotel special. The design and decoration is different in every room, in order to satisfy all of our guests’ preferences. Quality matresses, chic bathrooms, air conditioned/heated areas, and a very peaceful good night sleep, is what ensures comfort and tranquility at our hotel. Racó de Buenos Aires, being a family-run hotel, guarantees your privacy and safety.
You may also choose between a room which faces the street, or one in a more secluded area. Either way, we will try to make sure you have a pleasant stay, providing you with all the help and recommendations we are able to, as well as equipping your room with everything you require.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Buenos Aires is fast becoming one of our favourite cities in the world, and in that city this is our favourite place to stay! We spent the last night of our honeymoon in Raco's 'honeymoon suite' - which was the most beautiful room either of us had ever stayed in. Its high ceilings and elegant décor made for a luxurious feel which was enhanced by the large and beautifully done-out bathroom.

The staff all spoke brilliant English and were incredibly helpful - on site 24 hours a day, offering to change currency for us and booking taxi transfers back to the airport. Breakfast was served downstairs (though we could have had it in our room if we wished) and was very tasty indeed.

All in all, we LOVED our stay here and wished it was longer than one night! If we come back to Buenos Aires, we wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite is amazing but beware, walls are surprisingly thin and so you can hear everything fr...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We had an excellent experience staying at this hotel. Our room was very comfortable, quiet and we enjoyed the antique yet modern decor.

All the staff were extremely helpful in planning our time in Buenos Aires. Always available to give us detailed instructions of public transit, calling taxis, making dinner reservations, making tango show reservations and giving their suggestions of which sights to see. The staff really went above and beyond and made our trip much more convenient.

The location is a little out of the way, but easily accessible by subway, bus and taxi. In my opinion, the costs saved by staying a little out of the main tourist area was well worth it as this was a fantastic boutique hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This was the first place I went in BA at the beginning of 3 months of study abroad in Argentina and the staff and hotel at Hotel Boutique Racó exceeded my expectations. First, I ended up having a problem with my flight and they helped me change my reservation and even threw in breakfast even though my original reservation didn't include it. They also helped me arrange a reasonably priced taxi from the airport. I can't express how fantastic this was given that I ended up having to spend an entire day in the airport in Houston and was completely exhausted and flustered by the time I arrived in BA. The taxi diver was very friendly and told me all about the attractions we were driving by as we drove from the airport. Once I arrived at the hotel, Virginia got me set up in a cozy room on the ground floor right next to the pretty courtyard and then made some recommendations about where to go for lunch nearby. Later in the day, they exchanged my money at a reasonable rate and walked me through a bunch of different attractions that might interest me and where they were located on the map. Unfortunately it was raining so I didn't do much site-seeing in those first two days, but they set me up well for the rest of my time in BA. The room was quiet even though I went to bed quite early by Argentine standards for a Saturday night, and I had a great breakfast the next morning. I was truly sorry to only be staying one night and will definitely stay there again if I need a hotel in BA.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My fiance & I spent a total of 11 nights at Hotel Raco and we loved it. We had the 'loft-style' room right at the back of the building and it was nice and quiet. The only issue was the heater died on the first night and we were freezing, but then we asked for a portable heater and it was fine.
The hotel is clean, greatly located (we walked to Palermo & back a couple times, easy subway ride/short taxi ride elsewhere). The staff were fantastic and very helpful.
The only suggestions we have for the hotel is: the bathroom can do with more racks/hooks and if it's possible the change the bathroom door to sliding door, it'd be much more accessible.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed at Raco with my fiance on our trip around Argentina. The staff at this place went the extra mile at every opportunity. The rooms are immaculate. Clean, with every possible amenity. Breakfast in the courtyard was amazing, one morning the power went out on the street. The staff still managed to pull something together for us. At night, Julian set up a wine tasting for us. He had many different wines, and at the the end of the tasting sent us up to the room with a left over bottle. He also recommended a tango show and booked it for us and arranged our transportation to and from the venue.

You can go to a major hotel chain and be a faceless patron. Or, you can go to Raco and be treated like family.

We really loved this place and would head back in a second.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed at hotel raco a couple of weeks ago and found the neighbourhood to be very nice. It's easy to get to different areas of buenos aires using the metro and it doesn't take much time at all. The staff in the hotel namely Julian, Natalia and Virginie are REALLY nice people who anticipated our every need e.g by booking us taxis when required. When my husband was sick they genuinely cared and brought us anything that we might need. The rooms are nothing short of gorgeous with all mod cons. I highly recommend this hotel as the service and hospitality we received was fantastic!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple