“Staff went above and beyond to accommodate & assist us!”

Hotel Boutique Raco de Buenos Aires
Ranked #161 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We could not have picked a better hotel in Buenos Aires. Every morning when we woke up and came downstairs ready to start our day, the staff helped us make our daily itinerary, along with maps and their personal recommendations. They told us what transportation would take us to each spot we decided to check out and called taxis whenever we needed them. All along they helped us in this way with a HUGE smile and a real sense that they were happy to do it. On our last night (we stayed 6), they moved in to the honeymoon suite, which was absolutely stunning. It was a great detail and was greatly appreciated.

The hotel was built in the early 1900s and is truly stunning and in great condition. The location is great. It is not right in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Buenos Aires, but everything you would want to see is a quick metro or cab ride away. One of the main metro stations is very close by. One of the best parts of the location is its proximity to Las Violetas, a historic cafe that is right around the corner. We ate breakfast here almost every morning before starting our day and it was both beautiful and delicious.

Before leaving Argentina, we went on a few short trips to other cities by plane. During those trips we didn't want to lug our huge baggage around, so we bought smaller carry on bags. We planned to leave those larger bags with a friend of a friend who lives in Buenos Aires, but the hotel staff insisted that we just keep them there instead. it was super convenient and a really amazing gesture that they did not have to offer.

Julian and his staff really made our trip to Buenos Aires so comfortable and convenient. I highly recommended this hotel and will absolutely be staying there whenever we travel back to Buenos Aires in the future!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NicoleSanchez05
There are newer reviews for Hotel Boutique Raco de Buenos Aires

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had a great stay, a stay that lasted a little longer than expected due to bad weather unexpectedly canceling our ferry to Colonia and us having to come back and stay another night, for which the staff was more than accommodating. The hotel is very nice, has tons of character, has a really down basement with lots of art, music, and is a great place to hang out and have some wine. The rooms are all traditional, very well kept and true to the original house. The location of the hotel is indeed in a quite neighborhood and more residential part of BA, so keep that in mind, but it is a very short walk to the Subway and is very accessible to the rest of the city. It seems more of an authentic stay at Boutique Raco because you're in a neighborhood and not at the Hilton or Sheraton in Puerto Madero which could be anywhere in the world with it's shiny new developments and shopping centers you already know. Almagro (the neighborhood the hotel is in or boders) is very nice, safe, and has some nice dining options nearby. Oh, and random, but the bathrooms are all re-done and the showers are great! Nice, hot, and serious water pressure! I'm a sucker for these simpler things.

Lastly, the staff is great. Everyone we dealt with was super helpful and willing to answer our multiple questions about both the city, food, transportation, etc. We ended up talking to them more than we normally would since we were stuck in BA and unable to continue our trip, but they helped us a ton, calling the ferry terminals for us, calling us multiple taxis, dealing with our travel issues in Spanish for us non-native Spanish speakers, and so on. Really nice place, great people, and we couldn't have been happier. Thanks!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Julyro, Director Comercial at Hotel Boutique Raco de Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate your kind words and we are glad that you enjoyed your time here.
For our future guests, we would like to recommend the following:

If you book directly with us, you will get a better deal, as well as breakfast included.

In case of a reservation made through an online travel agency (such as Expedia, Booking), we can offer you several breakfast alternatives, at different prices. (If you compare our breakfast with the same options served at any café, you will realize our prices are actually much cheaper).

Your direct booking is also more convenient because of the next:

• We may arrange transfers from and to the airport, which avoids any complications at your arrival.
• We can help you organize your schedule, different tours around the city, as well as booking restaurants, shows, ferry tickets, football matches, polo, etc.
• You will be able to let us know of any preferences you might have regarding the rooms, for instance, type of bed, quietness, whether or not you want it to face the street or have a balcony, amenities, etc., in addition to any special requirements concerning your diet (whether you are vegetarian, lactose intolerant, diabetic, celiac).
• We may also assist you when it comes to exchanging money, giving you information about weather forecasts, festivals, etc.

All in all, we assure you the assistance will be much better if we are able to contact you directly and exchange emails or phone calls.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I truly enjoyed my short stay at this hotel. The best asset of the hotel is the staff, friendly and helpful.

Nicely decorated rooms. The only thing I wasn’t crazy about, was the fact that my room did not have a window. There is natural light provided by big glass front door, which lead to a communal patio.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone…

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank MariuszKluzniak
Julyro, Manager at Hotel Boutique Raco de Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you very much for your review, we appreciate the time and effort you put into it. Lovely words!

We would like to let our guests know a little bit more about the hotel’s architecture.

The mansion where Racó de Buenos Aires was born, was built in 1904, and has been selected as part of the city’s heritage. We have worked hard to maintain the original structure of the house, while at the same time, giving it the modern twist it needed; just enough to fuse the antique with the contemporary.
The old wooden doors, high ceilings, original floors, and transom windows you may find in each room, are what makes this hotel special. The design and decoration is different in every room, in order to satisfy all of our guests’ preferences. Quality matresses, chic bathrooms, air conditioned/heated areas, and a very peaceful good night sleep, is what ensures comfort and tranquility at our hotel. Racó de Buenos Aires, being a family-run hotel, guarantees your privacy and safety.
You may also choose between a room which faces the street, or one in a more secluded area. Either way, we will try to make sure you have a pleasant stay, providing you with all the help and recommendations we are able to, as well as equipping your room with everything you require.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Buenos Aires is fast becoming one of our favourite cities in the world, and in that city this is our favourite place to stay! We spent the last night of our honeymoon in Raco's 'honeymoon suite' - which was the most beautiful room either of us had ever stayed in. Its high ceilings and elegant décor made for a luxurious feel which was enhanced by the large and beautifully done-out bathroom.

The staff all spoke brilliant English and were incredibly helpful - on site 24 hours a day, offering to change currency for us and booking taxi transfers back to the airport. Breakfast was served downstairs (though we could have had it in our room if we wished) and was very tasty indeed.

All in all, we LOVED our stay here and wished it was longer than one night! If we come back to Buenos Aires, we wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite is amazing but beware, walls are surprisingly thin and so you can hear everything fr...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We had an excellent experience staying at this hotel. Our room was very comfortable, quiet and we enjoyed the antique yet modern decor.

All the staff were extremely helpful in planning our time in Buenos Aires. Always available to give us detailed instructions of public transit, calling taxis, making dinner reservations, making tango show reservations and giving their suggestions of which sights to see. The staff really went above and beyond and made our trip much more convenient.

The location is a little out of the way, but easily accessible by subway, bus and taxi. In my opinion, the costs saved by staying a little out of the main tourist area was well worth it as this was a fantastic boutique hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This was the first place I went in BA at the beginning of 3 months of study abroad in Argentina and the staff and hotel at Hotel Boutique Racó exceeded my expectations. First, I ended up having a problem with my flight and they helped me change my reservation and even threw in breakfast even though my original reservation didn't include it. They also helped me arrange a reasonably priced taxi from the airport. I can't express how fantastic this was given that I ended up having to spend an entire day in the airport in Houston and was completely exhausted and flustered by the time I arrived in BA. The taxi diver was very friendly and told me all about the attractions we were driving by as we drove from the airport. Once I arrived at the hotel, Virginia got me set up in a cozy room on the ground floor right next to the pretty courtyard and then made some recommendations about where to go for lunch nearby. Later in the day, they exchanged my money at a reasonable rate and walked me through a bunch of different attractions that might interest me and where they were located on the map. Unfortunately it was raining so I didn't do much site-seeing in those first two days, but they set me up well for the rest of my time in BA. The room was quiet even though I went to bed quite early by Argentine standards for a Saturday night, and I had a great breakfast the next morning. I was truly sorry to only be staying one night and will definitely stay there again if I need a hotel in BA.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My fiance & I spent a total of 11 nights at Hotel Raco and we loved it. We had the 'loft-style' room right at the back of the building and it was nice and quiet. The only issue was the heater died on the first night and we were freezing, but then we asked for a portable heater and it was fine.
The hotel is clean, greatly located (we walked to Palermo & back a couple times, easy subway ride/short taxi ride elsewhere). The staff were fantastic and very helpful.
The only suggestions we have for the hotel is: the bathroom can do with more racks/hooks and if it's possible the change the bathroom door to sliding door, it'd be much more accessible.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple