Hotel Boutique Raco de Buenos Aires
US$303
US$230
Hotels.com
Hilton Buenos Aires(Buenos Aires)
US$177
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
US$163
US$119
  • Breakfast included
Melia Recoleta Plaza(Buenos Aires)
US$340
US$179
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Awwa Suites & Spa(Buenos Aires)
US$147
Hotel Madero(Buenos Aires)
US$204
US$169
  • Pool
Bulnes Eco Suites(Buenos Aires)
US$185
US$136
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslas violetaspope francischarming hotelhome away from homesubtesubwayneighborhoodrivadavia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed here 3 times between trips to Mendoza and Montevideo in late July.

So, let's start with the delightful staff. No matter who was working reception, every single member of staff were completely and utterly wonderful. They don't just speak 'good' English, they speak exceptional English. They supply you with maps, insider information, tips on where to eat and go, and how to get to places. Honestly, they could not do enough for you. They organised transfers for us to and from airports; they exchanged my US dollars to pesos and gave me a rate of 9 pesos to 1 dollar. They let us leave luggage there when we'd checked out. They even put our heating on for us when we'd been out on a particularly cold day and brought us some hot water to our room so that we could have a cup of tea. They were just brilliant!

The location of the hotel is in the residential neighbourhood of Amalgro and is 2 blocks from the nearest Subte (subway) of Castro Barros on Line A. The subway only costs 5 pesos which is around 35 pence or 60 cents, one way. The Subte is also on a very busy avenue of Rivadavia which incidentally is the world's longest avenue! This avenue also has tonnes of shops, banks, supermarkets and lovely restaurants and coffee houses.

The rooms outside of the main building open onto a delightful courtyard with seating available where you can enjoy your breakfast (however, it was the middle of winter so we avoided doing this). Each room is decorated individually and to a very high and impressive standard, without intruding on the original features. The room included: a flat screen TV with some American channels, AC/heater that worked effectively; lots of storage space with plenty of hangers and really comfy beds with plump pillows and cushions. We had to ask for a hairdryer at reception, and there was no safe, fridge or kettle in the room, although I suspect that they had a safe to use at reception. I would have also like a full length mirror, (this is one of my pet peeves in hotel rooms!) there was plenty of wall space to put one up. The free wifi was also excellent, so good that you could even watch Netflix. There was also a mini-laptop in reception for guests to use to check emails etc. The bathroom was nicely furnished but rather small for 2 people to use. This was mainly due to the lack of shelving; perhaps they could consider putting another shelf on the back wall above the toilet and bidet. There was also a lack of hooks and again perhaps an extra 2 hooks on the back of the bathroom door would make all the difference. They may also want to think about being a bit more eco-friendly and suggest that guests hang up their towels if they wish to re-use them and save on the washing - but they will need more hooks for this to make this possible. The shower however, always had hot water and the pressure was good. Although, the shower tray was not the most effective and the water did spill out onto the floor and soaked the bath mat before you even stepped on it.

The room was immaculately clean and every time we returned it felt very cosy and homely. My friend had laundry done for $10 and it was done within the day and hung up in the room - again, excellent service!

The sleep quality was great, although it was out of season, so not sure how noisy it would get in high season, and the only thing that created any noise were other guests shutting their doors loudly. Even the church bells stop chiming at 9pm and resume again at 8am, so you will get a good night's sleep, but to be safe bring ear plugs.

Breakfast wasn't included in the room price but we were able to pay for this and it cost $11/ £6.50/ 90 pesos. The breakfast was nice and simple: toast or croissants, juice, fruit, tea/coffee and jams, marmalades and spreads. However, I think it was rather overpriced for what it was and you can get a much more substantial 'Americano' breakfast at Las Violettas on Rivadavia for 77 pesos.

All in all, this was an excellent stay in Buenos Aires and it was nice to be out of the tourist zones, the area felt very safe, even in the evenings. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Basics100
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Clean rooms and facilites, very friendly staff, very comfortable place to stay. Cheap metro nearby.
I got the hotel to arrange a pickup from the airport as BA is big place, dont forget to tip the staff extra as they are very helpful ;), I Will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff who greet you every morning and night as you return. They are always willing to help and offer tips on how to best enjoy your stay in Buenos Aires. Location is great as it is only a 3 minute walk from the subte (metro) station. The rooms were beautiful and very well kept. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed there 3 for nights during my Buenos Aires trip and everything was amazing! The rooms are so clean and neat, Location is very central. Staff is extremly helpful and they give great insider tips, don't forget to ask for it ;)
I will definitely stay there again on my next trip!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is my second stay at this hotel. It is a small hotel with comfortable rooms and a very helpful staff. It's located in the amalgro neighborhood of Buenos Aires, close to the subway. The rooms open up to a courtyard, which give them an open feel. They have high ceilings and all are furnished in different styles. There are cafés, restaurants and shops in the area. I arranged through the hotel to have a driver pick me up from and bring me to the airport which was very convenient. I am a woman who was traveling alone, though some nights my daughter stayed with me, and I felt safe and comfortable there. If I am lucky enough to visit Buenos Aires again, I would definitely stay at this hotel. I was there for 10 nights two years ago and for 7 nights this trip. In US dollars, this hotel is an excellent value.

• Stayed: May 2014