“Perfect stay, brilliant staff”

Hotel Boutique Raco de Buenos Aires
Ranked #163 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 22 October 2010

We wanted to stay for a couple days in Buenos Aires to see friends and get some rest on our way to Cape Town. We stayed at The Raco for two nights on Sep 24th and 25th. When we left Miami we were coming up with a flu so we were not feeling too well while down there. Well, Julian (the owner) has hired this wonderful staff, The girls are so efficient and sweet. special thank to them, for bringing up hot tea to the room and taking care of us like Ihave never seen in ANY hotel EVER.

Now, about the basics for a hotel: The bed is super comfy, nice soft sheets and pillows, comforter. The rooms are spacious and squeaky clean, the charming property is sitting on a QUIET street in Buenos Aires which is a rare privilege. You can actually rest. The bathrooms are really nice, cool looking and EVERYTHING is in great working condition, flat screen TV's, AC split unit, heat, tastefully designed and renovated, Vanessa or one of the girls will personally serve you breakfast wherever you want, whenever you want , nice croissants pastries, fruit, OJ , coffee, tea....... not a flaw. Superior personalized service in a super comfy quiet room. THAT is what a hotel should be, and Raco has it.

On the location subject, Avenida Rivadavia is somewhat like Santa Fe, there is absolutely everything there, from pharmacy to bank to coffee shops. If one wants to go to loud and trendy spots in the city, Palermo Soho, Hollywood or Recoleta, just have the girls call you a cab, wait comfortably in your room until it arrives, they will advise you personally your cab is ready. Jump on and pay the whole 3 dollars its costs to get anywhere in the city.
Raco de Buenos Aires is absulutely brilliant. Will be back on our way back from Cape Town.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelgeek-guru

Reviewed 16 October 2010

Initially, we had planned to stay in the Raco only for about a week - we ended up staying 2.5 weeks. The rooms are very stylisch yet cozy, the staff is incredibly nice and helpful and the location a good starting pot and very quiet.
We can highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed at Hotel Raco for 4 days in December 2009. We found the hotel on Tripadvisor.com and the hotel lived up to all our expectations. The rooms were charming and clean and the staff very, very friendly. The only minor Con (and not really a Con) was that the doors and windows facing the courtyard and the rooms next door were a thin allowing for noise to pass; that said, there were no real noise.
All in all a highly recommendable hotel and I would definitely stay at Hotel Raco if - when - I go to Buenos Aires again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Sisyfos
Reviewed 27 September 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 6 nights. A wonderful small hotel. In a nice middle class area close to shops, nice cafes and plenty of places to eat. The "A" subway is an 8 minute walk from the hotel and a 15 minute ride from BA's city center. The staff of this very clean and nice hotel was excepitonal. Answering with great detail any questions about sights and recommendations.

We would stay here anytime. A great 4 star hotel at a 3 star price.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2010

This boutique hotel, under the able and friendly management/ownership of Julian and Vanessa, is a great find. All of the reviews are true and the rating is hard-earned. In addition to the exceptional management is a tremendously helpful staff that goes above and beyond standard 'hotel service.' They always went out of their way to make my visit -- and my time in Buenos Aires -- comfortable and enjoyable. The entire staff is great and answered every and any question I asked. I will be sure to stay here again when next in Buenos Aires. Thanks also to Celeste, Julietta, and Ingrid.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 8 September 2010

This is a lovely little colonial era boutique hotel in a bustling residential area with very easy access to downtown via cab or Subte which is just a few minutes walk away. From the moment we arrived at Hotel Raco, we felt right at home. Julian and the girls were always willing to help make our stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. The rooms are tastefully decorated with interesting art on the walls, a far cry rom the generic hotels I stay in when traveling on business. Each of the rooms is different which adds to the appeal.

Breakfast in the salon was always great which also has interesting art displayed. The staff were always helpful when it came to choosing restaurants and tours to take and are happy to arrange for you.

We have a lot of great memories of our trip to Argentina and Hotel Raco is definitely one them.

Thanks again!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2010

Without a doubt this beautiful hotel was the true highlight of my stay in BA. I stayed for a week and just loved everything about it. My room was large and spacious with a superbly comfortable king size bed, top quality bedding with and plenty of storage space. Most importantly the lighting was good, with excellent bedside lights for reading.
The superb comfort and attention to every detail made my stay just perfect. The first two days of my stay in BA saw the temperatures drop to -1C. That's cold!! but my room was quickly warmed with a very efficient split heating system. The owners of this very special hotel, Julian and Vanessa, are the best hosts you could have. Maybe I shouldn't divulge this on TripAdvisor, but they spoiled me totally with breakfast in bed everyday - sheer luxury, and such a delicious breakfast! Nothing was too much trouble. All of the staff were friendly and attentive and always ready with information about what to do and how to find out of the way places. Julian was just masterful in dealing with taxi bookings, (and taxi drivers!) making reservations and all manner of things. This is my home away from home in Buenos Aires. I will be back, and soon!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo