“A smart choice 10 min away from Palermo Soho!”

Hotel Boutique Raco de Buenos Aires
Ranked #156 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 13 February 2011

When we first arrived to Buenos Aires we stayed in a nice boutique hotel in Palermo Soho. Palermo is the hotspot of Buenos Aires City , fun, but it can get very noisy. If you were planning to get a good night sleep, certainly not the right place to be! Next step: finding a good hotel, close to Palermo but quiet enough to be able to have a rest if needed. This is how we found Raco de Buenos Aires.

Staff was great! couldn't be more helpful; gave us plenty of maps and useful tips on how to get around. Vanesa and Julian, the lovely owners and the front desk staff were so kind they made us feel at home even though we were thousands of miles away.

The room was airy, spacious, clean and tastefully decorated. The beds were huge, and comfortable. We finally had our so much needed sleep!

Best part, price is half as much of what a room like that would cost in Palermo Soho or Recoleta!! location is ideal since the subway is only 2 and a half blocks away and it’s really cheap, a taxi to almost anywhere is never more than 8 USD (to Palermo it’s about 4 USD) and only 15 min away.

There are plenty of different restaurants in the area where locals go to (with local prices too!), so if you don’t like to be surrounded by tourists all the time just like us, then this place is perfect. Thank you Raco for making our vacation unforgettable. We will definitely stay with you again when we come back (which we will).

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 February 2011

My husband and I spent a week at this hotel in Buenos Aires. We had a wonderful time, and the very best part of our vacation were the people we met here. The staff is so helpful. They could not have been nicer or more generous with their time. Each recommendation they gave us was fantastic!! We got to know Paula and Camille at the front desk the most.

They gave us restaurants to go to, directions, places to see and things to do, even a Tango Club we asked about. These girls are so sweet and pleasant. We really got to know them in a very short time and enjoyed being with them very much.

This boutique hotel is beautiful inside. It is immaculate and looks exactly like the photos on the website.

I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel. The added bonus for us was the central location. It is near the subway and equidistant to places we went.

We travel often and have been from Europe to Antarctica and in between, and I can truly say that this hotel is one of the warmest and most accommodating we have experienced.

Debbie and Ralph Lima

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2011

The staff at this hotel are absolutely fabulous. We stayed for a week while I was pregnant and the staff went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure I was comfortable. The decor and rooms are also wonderful.

The only slightly negative is the location, which we saw as mostly positive. It is in a non-touristy residential neighborhood, which means that it is a subway or taxi ride to almost anywhere you want to visit. However, this also means that you are less hassled by folk who want to get something from tourists. It is easy to find neighborhood restaurants and taxis.

We will stay here on our next visit to BA!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2011

This hotel is a hidden gem. Very good price, excellent service, great location (quiet, close to subway and very safe) and clean. I would go back anytime, and greatly recommend it.
Thanks to Julian, the owner, his wife and all the staff who were always ready to help us with a smile and make our stay the most pleasant.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2011

I would like my words to be as eloquent as how I felt when I stayed there; but my first language is French and my english-writing not as excellent as I would like it to be to describe it to you my fellow travelers.

I was travelling to Argentina with a friend and our first stop was around Mendoza for a week and then, Buenos Aires for another week. We had booked Raco for various reasons which turned out to be beyond our expectations.

First of all, many thanks to Julian and his wife to make us feel at home and the amazing staff always keen to help and all in all magnificently generous. I remember all of you not all your names but I clearly remember each and everyone's face and I thank you all so very much individually, you rock!

Let me put this matter of factly; excellent quality/price ratio (you won't find it anywhere else), location is super central, close to everything BUT more importantly QUIET to sleep and magical when you hear the bells ringing from a church near by! All the staff speak very good english, breakfast included, 4 minutes walk to the subway (yes very secure), very clean, bathrooms are renovated in contemporary fashion, close to bakeries, parillas or fun restos if you don't feel like doing anything for the evening, you can have very good oven pizza delivered to your door (seriously 40 pesos.....10 bucks for 2 people and soooo good), TV cable, you can have wine tasting there and Julian is very generous with the cheese portions and wine quality for an extremely reasonable price...not to mention the good conversation!

But for me, most of all, as we were two girls traveling, VERY SECURE. You leave your key when you leave the hotel and ring in when you come back...anytime of the day or night, someone is there to greet you at the main door when you ring. And not just anyone, always a member of the staff genuinely nice, intelligent and well spoken!

If you want a spot not so expensive and where you get more than your money's worth, this is the place...all I can say is WOW!

Thank you so very much Julian and all the staff to make our stay more than memorable!

If I hit Buenos again, I will definetly come back to your unique charming hotel.

Nathalie

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nathou_9
Reviewed 29 January 2011

You can read all of the other reviews for the hotel, area etc. They are all on point and my comments would only be redundant. What sets the hotel, meaning Julian, aside is how you handle adversity. We arrived at the hotel late in the afternoon on December 27th. Celeste met us at the front desk and was terrific in getting us settled in and telling us about the sites, restaurants etc. We spent the next day sightseeing and returned to the hotel in the afternoon hot and tired (it was around 95F that day) and were greeted with a sign at the front door that there was no electric which meant no lights, air conditioning and running water. Not the hotels fault as there was a black out in the whole area. Not knowing when and if the electric would be restored my wife and I made a decision to change hotels. We received a call the next day that the power was restored but since we already moved it was our decision to stay at the new hotel. We did not want to take the chance that the electric may go out again. Since we made our reservations though Travelocity we had prepaid in full a few months previously. When we returned home we contacted Julian and asked if he could reimburse us for the one night that the hotel did not have power and that we would pay for the other nights since it was our choice not to return. We were pleasantly surprised to find out that Julian had sent us a refund for the entire four day stay. It is rare today to be treated in this manner - thank you to Julian and all his staff.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our two week stay at Raco de Buenos Aires. The hotel staff was personable and professional, and very helpful in assisting us in making reservations for day trips. They really made us feel comfortable and welcome from the very beginning of our stay. We were very happy with our room, which was immaculate and had a wall of shelves for placing all of our belongings. We would often choose to have a lighter snack at dinner time, instead of going out to eat. The staff always accommodated us by giving us a wine opener (for our bottle of excellent Mendoza wine) and small plates for our snacks.
We loved the location, which is in the neighborhood of Almagro. It was away from the tourist areas of Palermo and San Telmo, and so we got to experience a real Porteño barrio and all of it's rhythms and routines. There are many local restaurants and bakeries (especially yummy!) and grocery stores nearby and the metro and bus lines are within 2-3 blocks of the hotel. We actually took the #8 bus line from the airport, and it dropped us off 2 blocks away from the hotel for only 2 pesos each!
We would definitely choose to stay at Raco again on our next trip to Buenos Aires!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple