“Good service, great food, awesome location”
Review of La Retirada - CLOSED

La Retirada
Price range: US$15 - US$22
Cuisines: Argentinian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Palermo
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Have been to this resto twice already, friday and saturday to be specific (taking into account another comment from a reviewer) and both the food and service have been excellent. The resto is located in a quiet street, just a few steps off the buzz from the important intersections on Palermo Soho neighbourhood. Not only the beef is of excellent quality, cooked to perfection but the wine to. We were suggested by our Colombian waiter, Trumpeter which was a perfect combination for the food we ordered, dessert included. Although we went on a friday during the busiest days in december, the place was not crowded. Having arrived closed to 10 pm, we left passed 1 am and had a complimentary glass of champagne to celebrate our wonderful dinner.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

This is the second time I take foreign friends to eat at La Retirada. Both times, I had very good comments about it. The best of the place (if the weather is nice) is definitely... the backyard. You will find well spaced tables surrounded with vegetation that create a nice environment. Now, in regards to the food... I've tried most of the dishes. In my opinion the best are the ones of the clay oven (the "vacio" and the lamb) and the traditional rib eye. I wouldn't recommend the lamb chops as the relation price/quality is not best it could be. Finally, in regards to the wines... there are quite a good number of options at reasonable prices... I personally recommend the "Fond de Cave" or "Trumpeter", both excellent wines at very competitive prices.
PS: I have never tried desserts as I usually end full of meat, just a cup of "Chachamay" (digestive) tea.
IMPORTANT: Everytime I've been to La Retirada, has been during the week, never on weekends. I want to make this comment as usually the service in restaurants vary quite much during weekends.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

This was a great little restaurant away from the crowded places in Palermo. Nice steaks - the entrecote or the skirt steak with grilled vegetables was good. They have a good wine list and amazing dessert. Service was very attentive.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

A fantastic restaurant which I stumbled across by accident - best accident so far in BA - steak tenderloin was beautiful!

Reviewed 5 September 2012

We had dinner here on our last night in BA and it was our favorite! The service and atmosphere were wonderful. They have an outside courtyard that is just fabulous for outside dining on a pleasant evening. Their interior dining is nice as well. The service was perfect. At all the restaurants in BA, the srevice if very laid back, which we found to be delightful. We loved being able to dine and not be rushed The worst thing is have a nice dinner and bottle of wine and having to rushed in and out. This was perfect! We had a grilled cheese appetizer which I hope to replicate at home! Or entree was the stuffed steak and it was cooked perfectly and tasted delicious as well as our dessert. As far as the price, I didn't find it high for such a nice restaurant. They do post their menu outside, so just check it out before going in so you are not surprised. Would definitely make this a stop on a trip to BA!