“Nice room good location but surly service from the night receptionist”

Eurobuilding Hotel Boutique Buenos Aires
Ranked #19 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 19 December 2012

What a shame to have to write something negative about this beautiful hotel. Great location and beautiful room were unfortunately at least partially spoiled by an extremely surly night reception guy. No smile no warmth and indeed quite rude on at least two occasions. When asked which water was complimentary in the room, he replied the water in the bathroom. But there were no water bottles in the bathroom. When asked again he repeated again the water in the bathroom. I had to physically take the water bottles from near the window down to check if they were the complimentary water bottles. Then I asked him to make a brief call for me in Spanish as I don't speak Spanish. His reply was no do it yourself from your room. When asked how much that would cost he said in quite a rude voice "50 cents or something like that". The day receptionist (also male) was much more polite and helpful but my recommendation would be to steer clear of this hotel until the current night reptionist as at December 19 2012 is replaced. This is of course unless you happen to speak Spanish.

Room Tip: All rooms appear satisfactory.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Eurobuilding Hotel Boutique Buenos Aires

Reviewed 18 December 2012

My true rating of this hotel would be good rather than average or v good.
Far to big and clunky to be considered a boutique property, but the front desk staff were fantastic and the rooms very nice. Location us very convenient for reaching several districts with ease and there is a small neighbourhood of excellent bistros and bars just round he corner. I left my phone charger behind and the hotel quickly found it and secured it for my return to the city.
Rooms were very nice, super comfy and nice bathrooms. Only downside was tat on the 1st floor they were a little nosy.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Stayed four (4) nights during a holiday weekend (Thursday through Monday) in late November. The entire reception staff bent over backwards to ensure that we had an enjoyable visit, especially, Jesica. Our room was clean and quiet. For our purposes, the hotel was conveniently located. Close to Subte station. Wifi worked. Breakfast was ample. Felt safe. Rooftop pool area a plus. The hotel left a good impression and I would not hesitate to recommend it to a friend. Only negative points being that the sidewalk on the block of the hotel was littered with trash and one night I saw an elderly woman sleeping on the sidewalk nearby.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room near the elevator on the 6th Floor and had no problem with interior or exterior...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tricia47
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I stayed one night here while visiting Buenos Aires. I arrived a little after 10am after flying all night. I knew the check in time was not until 3 so I was prepared to wait. Sure enough, no rooms were available. I asked if there was a place to freshen up and change as I wanted to start sightseeing. The bathroom on the first floor is tiny and certainly not a place for someone wanting to change (and as I found out later the stalls are see through). The receptionist offered the bathroom up in the "spa" and said it was much larger. I made my way upstairs and it was nothing like a spa. It was a long lap pool and a couple of sad exercise machines. I found the ladies room and it was larger in the sink area, but still small booths for changing. The door had no lock or mechanism to keep it closed and the "walls" were an opaque, but see-through glass. I was surprised that the hotel did not offer better facilties as most international hotels I have been in have locker-room type facilities for travellers that arrive too early to check in. I was advised I could try to check back to see if a room was available, but "probably not going to happen." I inquired about some tours I had arranged through a travel agency before I arrived and the front desk did tell me what time to be in the lobby, but did not give me the envelope addressed to me with all my local travel details which I did not know had been waiting for me until the local operator told me they should have given it to me. I was still not able to check in at 2:30 so I left for my city tour and checked in after. They wouldn't let me just have my bags and bring them up to the room myself, insisting they would be delivered to my door. I really don't like when hotels do this, there is a reason I don't want to wait and I think you should be allowed the option. When the doorman knocked on the door I realized there was no peephole! How are you supposed to verify who is on the other side of the door?? I inquired about the breakfast hours and it turns out that I had to leave for the airport 30 minutes prior to breakfast. I asked if they offered items to go, the receptionist said yes, buy something from the mini-bar. Maybe it is just because a lot of the international hotels I stay in are part of group travel, but every single one of them has given us something to go if we are going to miss breakfast, even if it is just a bagel or muffin.

I finally got settled into my room and began doing my bedbug check to discover bloodlike stains on the sheets and loose hairs under the covers. The shower was dingy and the towels were sparse.

My room faced over the main drag and I was surprised that I could not hear the traffic, but they didn't save any of that sound-proofing for the hallway as I could hear everything going on and there was a LOT of foot traffic on this floor, making it difficult to sleep.

I would've rated this hotel as "good" because they deliver exactly what they say they will, a room at a certain time, breakfast at a certain time, free wifi, etc, but they do nothing above and beyond in the customer service department to earn anything in excess of good. I took another point off for the cleanliness issue and security issue for lack of a peephole.

One thing the hotel does offer that I thought was great was two outlets built-in to adapt to all the different country plugs without the use of an adaptor.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank anonymous9257
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Plus points: Central (though not charming) location, two year old quite stylish hotel (glass panel in wall between bathroom and bedroom!). Reasonable room rates. Bathroom excellent with jacuzzi, huge shower. Flat screen tv (no English news channels). Good free wifi. Control to pneumatically adjust hardness of bed. Helpful reception. Nice breakfast.
Minus points: Hotel taxi booked to meet us at the airport never showed up. Room service took 60 minutes to bring supper, when their restaurant (which should have been open) was closed.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

a very nice hotel with a very good location in my born town that these days it's no so easy to walk at night everywhere. the room and service where good. for breakfast we expect more variety specially when you stay 4 nights and have 4 breakfasts there.
the young staff where very friendly.

Room Tip: take a room at a high floor
Reviewed 8 October 2012

The hotel was otherwise fine. Room service was good. BUT the sheets were dirty, and clearly had not been changed between use. There was a somewhat fresh, tiny bloodstain and too many body hairs to be attached solely during laundering. The bathroom floor needed to be swept. We were so tired after having been stranded on a highway for over an hour by a taxi mechanical failure that we just sucked it up. But completely grossed out.