Rugantino Hotel Boutique
Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa(Buenos Aires)
US$156
US$97
  • Breakfast included
Mine Hotel Boutique(Buenos Aires)
US$155
US$128
  • Breakfast included
Alvear Palace Hotel(Buenos Aires)
US$452
US$194
US$155
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Alvear Art Hotel(Buenos Aires)
US$297
US$161
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
All reviewsfreshly squeezed juicewould stay againfour nightslocation is greatclean roomswithin walking distancepalermobataxineighborhood
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel could be excellent if you have the right room and stay on the right nights. The staff and common areas are amazing. The location is fantastic and it feels like a little oasis in the city. The pictures of the rooms that you see on the internet are for the rooms at the top or that face the street (I think it is 4,5,8 and 9). The other rooms are much smaller and have windows that face the stairwell and must be closed for privacy. They are fine rooms, but are definitely not what you would expect from the web site. The one thing that really made me give this hotel a lower rating is that it shares a wall with a night club that stays open until 5 am on the weekends. I stayed here on a Thursday night with no problem. But on Friday night, my room shared a wall with the night club and the music was vibrating my room and I could here every word in the songs. If you are not planning to partake in the nightlife in Palermo and if sleep is important to you, then I would recommend talking with the hotel in advance to make sure that you get a room that does not share a wall with the bar. I know that bars and night clubs are common in Palermo, but this one shares a wall with the club, which made sleep impossible. I had to check out early and go to another hotel a few blocks away, where I had no problems.

Overall, I think I would have given a much higher rating if I had a different room and stayed here only during the week. If that is the case, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay at the top (8 or 9, I think) or facing the street (4 or 5, I think). Room 4 is probably the best, as it does not share a wall with the bar next door.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ToddyD
Carlo D, Propietario at Rugantino Hotel Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

We thank you for the positive comments in many respects. I agree with you that Rugantino Hotel could be excellent because it is our desire to continuously improve our service and we hope that our customers choose Rugantino Hotel for the warm atmosphere and atention to details.

The hotel was once a house built in the 1920´s. As such, every room is different. Rooms #1 and #7 are the largest and room #6 measures similarly to #8 and #9. The only room that is considerably smaller is #3, intended for only one guest.

The noise that affects three rooms, an event that only occurs three or four times a month, can be solved by earplugs at the disposal of our guests. We are sorry that you had trouble sleeping, but it may be an exaggeration to say that the room was vibrating.

Once again, we are grateful for your kind words and courteous critque.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Every staff member was very helpful in our trip planning as well with any questions we had about the area -- fluent in English and Spanish. They also seemed to be waiting at the front desk every time we returned which was a welcome sight. Great location within easy walking distance of everything.

Rooms were clean and more than adequate. Beds left a little to be desired but to be fair we had just left the Sheraton in the business district where you are sleeping on a cloud.

Would not only stay here again but would go out of my way to try to book there on a return trip.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Matt_Hayden
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Cant say enough about this wonderful boutique hotel. Great rooms, clean, and easily the best service in the industry. Gaston and Jane were the front desk crew...and provided the best advice for all of us.... They were the kindest, sweetest, and english speaking pair...really helped me in my whole adventure.

The actual place is perfectly set in Palermo. Quiet most of the time, until late night when you can hear some music from far away clubs...but nothing too noisy!

There is a great parilla nearby and they will tell you to go....just GO!!!!

best price for the value of the hotel and great continental breakfast!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I received a warm greeting from Gaston, a Buenos Aires native, as I walked in the door for a 7-day stay at Hotel Rugantino. Gaston gave me a map and eagerly answered my many questions. I quickly felt comfortable and oriented, easily finding the subway. The staff spoke English well and are very friendly as they helped satisfy my requests, even taking my laundry to be cleaned. Common areas are immaculate. I noticed minor water issues in my room. Food is wonderful and the location near Plaza Viejo and many clubs/restaurants is super. I was so comfortable that I stayed an additional 6 days later in the month of February/March.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Overall we had a great stay at this hotel. We stayed there for 11 days total. Location was perfect (in Palmero Soho). Close to many restaurants, shopping and bars. It was about a 15min walk to the subte (subway). Safe neighborhood, def ok to walk around at night. Breakfast was great: croissants, fresh fruit, cereals, bread w/ jams & delche de leche and coffee. Rooms were clean and spacious. Staff was helpful with booking us a tango show, buquebus for our trip to Montevideo and calling us taxis whenever needed. All the staff speak english which was a bonus for us as our spanish is none existent. Gaston was amazing and super friendly! He made some great recommendations of where to go and what to see. Hotel was kind enough to hold our luggage for a couple of days while we were in Uruguay. If/when we come back to BA, we'd be staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2012